[Recruitment] Voidheart Symphony

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedPowered by the ApocalypsePrivate1 / dayDewickFlame
Welcome to Voidheart Symphony, a game where you play as (obviously) a rebel waging a revoulution. Text shamelessly ripped from the book:
There’s a wound in the world, and nobody cares

If they have to step over rough sleepers as they walk to work, if the rich grow richer while children starve, if authorities destroy lives not just through negligence but through malice… isn’t that just the way of the world? You don’t have the luxury of thinking that way. Maybe you’re a second-class citizen, forced to work yourself to the bone for the money to live.

Maybe you have to hide your truth, for fear of what would happen if you were exposed – or maybe you’re out, and are living with those consequences every day.

Maybe you just can’t close your eyes and ignore the suffering. But mainly it’s because you’ve seen the wound: a strange border between this world and another, tucked away in backstreets and disused stairwells.

Through the wound you’ve seen glimpses of the castle – a nightmare world of twisting halls and terrible monsters. Through these wounds the taint of the void seeps out, sickening and twisting those unfortunate enough to live nearby. And the castle conforms to the will of the biggest predator in the area – twisting a shard of itself into a reflection of their desires, blighting their enemies and victims and bringing them fortune whether they realise it or not.

But, if people are causing pain with unearned power, what’s new? You’re used to fighting for respect, survival, your safety, the safety of your community. You’ll dive into that wound, steal its power, and see how that predator topples when the void abandons them. And what then?

Will you go back to the daily grind, putting out the fires that spread while you were focused on your shadow war? Hold close to those dear to you, and form new connections? Or rest and heal, preparing for the next time? Because the wound is still there, and as long as someone is profiting from the suffering of others the void will have plenty of Vassals to empower.

Sep 13, 2022 4:08 am
https://i.imgur.com/DFrnxxs.png
(Warning: There might be topics that will make you uncomfortable such as racism, white supremacy, etc.)
The world is wounded and nobody cares
In a world where the powerful get more wealthy and the children are still starving, there is a metaphysical wound spewing out, sickening those around it until they turn into Vassals of the castle and granting them supernatural power to advance whatever evil plan they have. Your job is to dethrone these tyrants within their shard, a physical manifestation of their desires, and destroy the link between it and the castle.

Voidheart Symphony is a game about revolution, relationships, and the mysterious otherworld which is Void.

I am planning to make this a full blown campaign and I expect all players to post once per day. If you haven't played it then I'll be happy to show you how, I allow all players from different backgrounds or sexualities.

This is first come first serve and if you have some questions ask now.
Last edited September 13, 2022 4:09 am
Sep 13, 2022 11:00 am
Hiya, would be very excited to join this one - I've played and ran Voidheart a couple of times, someone else looking to run the game is a rare opportunity! Have also sent you a message in response to the r/lfg post on reddit, since I wasn't signed up to this site when I first saw the post.
Sep 13, 2022 11:19 am
I am not familiar with this particular game, but absolutely adore other games from Rowan, Rook and Decard, so please count me in as interested!
Sep 13, 2022 4:43 pm
So, it's like walking outside then...

I'm interested in knowing more about the game & tentatively interested in playing. I've played a few PbtA games in the past so I'm not unfamiliar with the basic mechanics & I'm interested in seeing how this one works.
Sep 14, 2022 1:41 am
Now this is closed.
Sep 15, 2022 7:47 pm
Let me know if there is ever any more room in this one, I have been curious about this game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.