[Interest Question] Star Trek Adventures

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 15, 2022 4:17 pm
FASA's mechanics were... ummm unbearable.

I'm unfamiliar with most systems anymore so I'll just differ to the wisdom of those younger than myself.
Sep 15, 2022 10:04 pm
I'd prefer star trek adventures as I have the books
Sep 19, 2022 7:23 pm
Late to the ball game but I'd potentially love to play if it is Star Trek proper!

I wrote a 1-sheet custom set of 24XX rules for Star Trek style games which you can get for free here:
https://roguecomet.itch.io/federation-24xx

24XX rules are great for PbP since they resolve in one roll, unlike many games which require many back-and-forth posts which can be a challenge in PbP games.
Last edited September 19, 2022 7:24 pm
Sep 20, 2022 1:57 am
Thanks everyone, I'm hearing the serious itch for a proper Star Trek game!

Right, let me put some thoughts together, and also offer one or two game systems to choose from. The candidates are very likely to be either Star Trek Adventures, given that it is the most current specifically-designed system available, or one of the rules-lite (or rules-lighter) options.
Sep 20, 2022 3:58 pm
I clearly also have the Star Trek itch. I even gave the MMO Star Trek Online a go, but no.
Gotta starch that itch some other way.
Sep 20, 2022 4:36 pm
If it sta I'll be all over It
Sep 21, 2022 2:33 am
runekyndig says:
I clearly also have the Star Trek itch. I even gave the MMO Star Trek Online a go, but no.
Gotta starch that itch some other way.
The starships in the MMO are fun but yeah, the game itself is just sort of alright. I have a weakness for the Romulan warbirds and the Enterprise era Vulcan ships with the rings.
Sep 23, 2022 9:50 pm
As I return to GP, I find a query about one of my favorite games, STA. :)

I would love to get in on a STA game, and if a fan of STO as well, I think there are several of the MMO ships included in the upcoming Utopia Planetia Sourcebook that might scratch any itch there. :) I'm waiting for it to hit PDF but realllllly debating preordering the physical book just because....
Sep 23, 2022 10:19 pm
You get the pdf when you preoder fyi from modiphius.
Last edited September 23, 2022 10:20 pm
Sep 24, 2022 12:16 am
Heard really good things about Utopia Planetia.
Sep 24, 2022 2:12 am
Ship books are usually well received. While I have issues with some of the STA mechanics I do like that each ship has strengths and weaknesses that spill over into the missions beyond just ship combat stats.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.