Interest check- Star Wars RPG force and destiny

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 15, 2022 5:40 am
Hi I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing/running an FFG Star Wars game. Preferably with force users allowed? Just to be clear I am hoping to play in the campaign not Gm it.
Sep 15, 2022 12:26 pm
Hi! I'm hoping a lot for such game here for some time now... Would be my "dream come true" in my gaming realms, as I don't have a chance to play it IRL and I always wanted to experience it. I have a feeling that SW and Genesys narrative dice system should be a perfect match. So I hope we will find someone here to GM for us, as I'm still not experienced enough to GM it myself - I think. Or when I will have less games(as player) I will try to GM this Quickstart adventure that is available out there. But it won't happen any time soon unfortunately. So I'm definitely interested... as player.
OOC:
Edit: Hmm... so it looks that we definitely will find our GM someday... but first we have to overcome some threats... :)
Last edited September 15, 2022 12:28 pm

Rolls

Finding GM for FFG Star Wars Oracle

5 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 2 Threat

Sep 20, 2022 4:09 pm
I'd be interested in playing such a game as well. I own all three core Star Wars Genesys books, though I'm concentrating right now on learning core Genesys. I'm told there are some difference between Genesys proper and the variant used in Star Wars, and I don't know them yet.
Sep 20, 2022 5:21 pm
Vespin says:
I'd be interested in playing such a game as well. I own all three core Star Wars Genesys books, though I'm concentrating right now on learning core Genesys. I'm told there are some difference between Genesys proper and the variant used in Star Wars, and I don't know them yet.
So the reason why there are variations is because the Star Wars version came first and then they made a Generic version that they owned completely in the form of Genesis.
Sep 20, 2022 7:25 pm
Genesys streamlined some things. Made vehicles and vehicle combat more clear.
Sep 20, 2022 10:20 pm
Quote:
So the reason why there are variations is because the Star Wars version came first and then they made a Generic version that they owned completely in the form of Genesis.
I already knew that, but thank you for the explanation. I was just saying that I don't know all of the rule differences between Genesys-proper and its Star Wars version.
Oct 5, 2022 6:29 pm
@Rean411 @Pedrop @Vespin so... I came across this thread today...

I love the FFG Star Wars system, and particularly the Force & Destiny "part" of it. When I run the game, I prefer to run F&D characters exclusively, and when I play it, if it's an option, I play F&D characters exclusively. It's just the part of the lore that I find the most interesting.

BUT...

I'm in a weird life-place. Long story short: company was acquired > new job. Things have stabilized a bit, but still some ongoing weirdness, and I'm trying to figure out if I have time/energy to get back into PbP.

I had to abandon my activity on this site several months ago, but I had been active here for about 6 years straight until then.

I had to drop my IRL game too some time ago and so now I'm REALLY jonesing for some rp.

So, all that said...

IF

Understanding that I may find I do not have the time and energy to get back into PbP... and that, even if I do have the time and energy, my activity level may be slow (posting on only a couple days a week)?

I think that I may be your Huckleberry for a short term, introductory F&D game for you 3.

Would such an unstable proposal of a game interest you three?
Oct 5, 2022 6:38 pm
So I have since making this post joined the discord for FFG Star Wars and joined some PBP games there. But I would be up for joining this game to if the others wanted to.
Oct 5, 2022 8:14 pm
@emsquared your proposition is even better for me - as I'm very busy person myself and I'm almost at my limit of games I can handle. If we will be aiming at no less then 3 post per week that will be perfect for me. I usually tend no to play at weekends. I like my games to be steady, they can be slow, but if they are steady - it is all good for me. So really hopeing for this game! Force users - even better! Let's go "full Star Wars mode" by it! Sorry for many "!" but it seems I already got exited for this game. So count me in! :)
Oct 17, 2022 10:42 pm
@emsquared - I'd love to get in on an F&D game as I've been looking for an FFG SW game for a bit now. (inspired after seeing Obi-Wan and some of Andor....)
Oct 18, 2022 2:15 pm
Knighthawke says:
@emsquared - I'd love to get in on an F&D game as I've been looking for an FFG SW game for a bit now. (inspired after seeing Obi-Wan and some of Andor....)
Thanks for reaching out, @Knighthawke.

At this time, and because as mentioned, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to handle the commitment to the three players I've already taken on, I cannot take on another player at this time.

So the most I can tell you is that you're welcome to Apply to the game through the game page, and that will put you in line for a spot if someone has to drop.

Or, if once we've gotten to a steady state in gameplay, I find that I feel comfortable enough to take on another player, you could also come in at that point.

But at this time that is the most I can say. Apologies.
Last edited October 18, 2022 2:16 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.