Add any strategy *conversation* here.

Feb 10, 2015 6:35 pm
Strategy conversion or strategy conversation? The distinction is important. ;)
Feb 10, 2015 10:18 pm
Well, sometimes are conversations will require us to convert.. so... *shrugs* ;)
Feb 11, 2015 2:03 am
Actually, one of the things that I'm really liking about the play by post is the inability of the PCs to come up with a perfect plan before taking action. The encounters we've had so far have been a blast, with each of us yelling out clues of our intentions as we charge into melee. They're a bit confusing to follow and I'm never quite sure if what I'm doing is what others would want me to do, but it just feels right to me.
Feb 11, 2015 2:14 am
That's for sure. It is chaotic, but that seems right some how.
Feb 17, 2015 2:48 am
I am burning an action (10 mins) to recover. I was waiting for Osred to heal me but it never happened. To avoid confusing the thread I am exposing here.
Feb 18, 2015 7:05 pm
"Might roll"; "Might attack"; I wish you guys would make your minds up!! Hahaha.
Feb 18, 2015 10:20 pm
Well, I wish you'd all learn to Post As your character name by using the advanced interface. ;) That way I can easily see character names by looking to the side.. and we get to see what you think your characters avatar should look like. :)
Last edited February 18, 2015 10:20 pm
Feb 19, 2015 11:14 am
Well there's a thing. I didn't know you could do that.
Feb 19, 2015 2:28 pm
If you go to your character sheet, you can set an avatar for Darazen, which shows up with your post.
Feb 19, 2015 5:11 pm
Qralloq says:
If you go to your character sheet, you can set an avatar for Darazen, which shows up with your post.
Therein lies the problem... I can't find an avatar that matches what I think he looks like. I guess I could change what he looks like...
Feb 19, 2015 6:12 pm
Now I can't change the avatar...
Feb 19, 2015 9:27 pm
Merlin says:
Now I can't change the avatar...
You go back into Change Avatar and delete it first, then upload a new one.
Now, I have had problems with some browsers not showing me the information in that little window.. but the site is a work in progress... besides.. I think your Avatar looks cute and huggable! ;) :)
Feb 19, 2015 9:58 pm
Cheers! I had to create it myself. It must be an issue with my browser that I can't delete it.
Mar 3, 2015 7:56 pm
Further to Grant's message, I think it would be good to agree consistent type for different actions.

Personally I think ~text~ for unshared thoughts works.
I always use ***text*** when I am communicating telepathically, but I have used it for thoughts too.
Clearly "text" works for open speech. Maybe "text" could be whispers and "text" shouting?
Mar 3, 2015 8:46 pm
Well, for Internet vernacular.. ALL CAPS IS SHOUTING, this is normal text. When I say soemthing, I put it "in quotes".. Whispering is a toughy.. either you just say your whispering or I see some people use ().
**mental** works fine for me.. As I said, I like ~personal thoughts~ tho the italics is mostly so you remember when your reading it if it was a thought or not. :)
Mar 4, 2015 3:20 am
So, let me actually 'strategize' a moment here.. My understand is:
The queen and them are on the other side of the portal.
They are looking (on this side of the portal) for the Assassins Heart...
Last their intel said, the Assassins Heart was with the Captain.
The captains goods are on this side of the portal.. and we have a tracker on them showing them further into the tunnels.
The captain was linked in with someone so they certainly know what went on here up until he was killed.. Therefore they already know something's wrong, and if this position IS important to them, they are already sending troops towards this portal.
oh.. and not to mention..
We haven't finished on THIS side of the portal yet.. Just because the GM puts something shiny and new in front of you doesn't mean you need to jump into the nice mans van because he has puppies or candy....

Did I miss anything relevant? You can probably talk Tara out of destroying the frame immediately, but she'd like it secured somehow why we finish on this side first.. Ya might even be able to talk her into going through the frame..maybe.
Mar 4, 2015 3:33 am
If there were puppies on the other side of the portal Utazó wouldn't have come back.

As for her motivation for going into the portal, she doesn't care about the Assassin's Heart or the tracked goods. She wants to get some answers and sees that portal as a straight shot to whoever is in charge.
Mar 4, 2015 5:27 am
szemely says:
If there were puppies on the other side of the portal Utazó wouldn't have come back.
LOL! :D
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.