[Interest Check] The Iridescent Dawn

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 25, 2022 7:17 pm
I'm sorry, that is not a theme that I'm interested in exploring.
Sep 25, 2022 7:42 pm
I think I have enough end of the world in my world already. I think I’d rather play something where we’re trying to make it work out. Challenging but not hopeless.
Sep 25, 2022 7:45 pm
Just throwing out my thought. I don't think I'm going to play in this anyway, but I like the idea of coming up with ideas based on a picture
Sep 25, 2022 8:28 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Just throwing out my thought. I don't think I'm going to play in this anyway, but I like the idea of coming up with ideas based on a picture
Thanks, riffing off the picture has been really successful so far.

On a tangent note, have you ever watched the film Melancholia?
I would not recommend it unless you're psychologically prepared for the consequences-- it is a film that haunts me to this day.
Sep 25, 2022 8:30 pm
I have not but it sounds interesting. I might check it out if I find myself in the mood
Sep 25, 2022 8:58 pm
For centuries there has been an uneasy truce between science and magic seperated not only by ideology but by the placid bay that had the Mystical City on the east bank while the Clockwork City rested on the west. Towers dedicated to the "religion" of each city had been erected as if by sheer height one side could dominate the other. But on this day, no one seems the winner as a vortex of power has formed above driving out the waters that had separated the two.
Sep 26, 2022 1:06 pm
Quote:
Mystical City on the east bank while the Clockwork City rested on the west
Cool ideas. I like the concept of two cities, tied in conflict, in that image.
Sep 26, 2022 1:25 pm
Yes. My guy would be from a Carrel Tower of the Clockwork City.
Sep 26, 2022 1:27 pm
Keeping with my vision of tidal locking, tho, the aberration in the sky would have caused the waters to rise a few decades ago, forming a swamp that divided the two formerly harmonious cities. Each city blames the other for the loss of fertile fields that used to supply the populace of both. Now the scholastic cities are wracked by hunger ... with choice rations reserved to the academic elites.
Sep 26, 2022 7:35 pm
Hey @gnomius, @oopsylon and @tardigrade, I have been hashing out some modifications to World of Dungeons over on the actual Game page, if you're interested in taking a gander.

While we still have steam I'm hoping to hammer down the CATS of this game this week.

Thanks, all!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.