Ask Me Anything: Len

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 28, 2022 9:54 pm
Len says:

No, but that does sound interesting. I've foolishly let pass two games of Rifts: Savage Worlds without applying. That sounds great, and I'd like to run or play in a game like this one day. I would prefer to be a player first, as I haven't played Savage Worlds before.
I'm currently running and have run several times before a game set on Rifts Earth using the Fate system. In my younger days I also tried running it with GURPS.

Len

Sep 28, 2022 10:38 pm
Love it. I remember when you advertised the game, I was full up and unable to join another. How's it going? Is it public, and if so can I have a link to it? :D
Sep 28, 2022 10:51 pm
Len says:
Love it. I remember when you advertised the game, I was full up and unable to join another. How's it going? Is it public, and if so can I have a link to it? :D
It's going well, however it's private.

Len

Sep 28, 2022 10:57 pm
Glad to hear it's going well 😊
Sep 29, 2022 12:42 am
Knowing the importance of a robust family life to you, what is a favorite family tradition you have besides gaming together?
Sep 29, 2022 3:32 am
I'm gonna be the one that asks why you didn't finish the Enterprise series on purpose? :D :D
Last edited September 29, 2022 3:35 am

Len

Sep 29, 2022 6:44 am
bowlofspinach says:
What widely well-liked movie/video game/rpg/novel/whatever else you can think of did you just really not like?
Pretty much the entire FPS genre of video games (except the original Doom and Portal if that counts). Nothing against them, but they never hook me in.

KCC

Sep 29, 2022 6:48 am
Any tips/resources for an idiot (me) to get more gooder at computers?

Len

Sep 29, 2022 6:50 am
bowlofspinach says:
Oh, and what was your favorite character you've seen someone else play in a GP game you were in?
Oof, I avoided answering that question back when it was it's own thread. Great question, but there are so many it's hard to choose. If I restrict myself to just games where I was a player, the first amazing character that comes to mind was Qralloq's cloud surfing, hard-boiled Venusian detective that he wrote these amazing noir posts for. It was a Cypher sci-fi game.
Sep 29, 2022 7:06 am
Len says:
One way is to game with your family. I run a D&D game for my kids, and it's a really fun time. One of my sons also runs a game called "Fight!" It's his own rules system (I use that term lightly) and he runs it for the whole family, including his grandma and auntie! Before my kids were old enough to understand RPGs, I'd tell them interactive stories where they'd make up characters, and I'd tell them a story about them, letting them interject at important moments.
Wow, a whole gaming family—that's so awesome!
Sep 29, 2022 7:19 am
How would you personally handle the classic predicament of having a tiny octopus in your stomach eating you from the inside?

Len

Sep 29, 2022 1:18 pm
CherokeeWind says:
Knowing the importance of a robust family life to you, what is a favorite family tradition you have besides gaming together?
Our summer camping trips are always fun. Living in British Columbia, we're never far away from nature, so every summer we grab the tent and go some place beautiful. Covid interrupted that streak, but we look forward to returning to it.

Thanks for your question!

Len

Sep 29, 2022 1:37 pm
BedzoneII says:
I'm gonna be the one that asks why you didn't finish the Enterprise series on purpose? :D :D
I didn't like the time travel story that the larger plot was tied to. There were some characters and episodes I liked, but I never connected strongly with the series. I would find myself missing episodes and not care, so I just stopped watching. I also stopped watching Voyager, but that was because I was busy in university and I enjoyed catching the occasional episode and keeping up with the storyline.

I hear the later seasons get better, maybe one day I'll try again. Thanks for your question!

Len

Sep 29, 2022 1:40 pm
KCC says:
Any tips/resources for an idiot (me) to get more gooder at computers?
What aspect do you want to get more gooder at?

Len

Sep 29, 2022 3:20 pm
callan says:
How would you personally handle the classic predicament of having a tiny octopus in your stomach eating you from the inside?
Is this a classic predicament? That's terrifying! I'd drink a lot of Coke, then swallow an entire pack of mentos. That'll show 'em. I'd also film it and put it on Tik Tok, and then cash in on the views. I'll probably be sued by PETA.
Sep 29, 2022 4:43 pm
Because of the sports chatter, and that Bieber video, here's retired NHLer Chris Pronger checking Justin Bieber into the boards during a celebrity match. The facial expressions are everything, and yes, it's a real picture.
https://i.imgur.com/u3pbVcq.jpg

You put woodworking as a hobby. Have you crafted anything you could use for gaming? What historical figure or group of historical figures would you love to roll some dice with?

Len

Sep 29, 2022 10:51 pm
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
Because of the sports chatter, and that Bieber video, here's retired NHLer Chris Pronger checking Justin Bieber into the boards during a celebrity match. The facial expressions are everything, and yes, it's a real picture.

You put woodworking as a hobby. Have you crafted anything you could use for gaming? What historical figure or group of historical figures would you love to roll some dice with?
By the look on Captain Crunch's face, I can tell he enjoyed that!

The closest thing to a gaming accessory I've made from wood is a chess board. I'm mostly utilitarian in my woodworking nowadays, building things like stairs for my deck and such. But that's still fun for me. I just wish my old house had some 90 degree angles in it! This summer I inherited several of my dad's woodworking gear, so I'm going to try to build some dice trays and dice boxes eventually.

Historical figure to play D&D with ... probably Robin Williams. He was a huge gaming nerd, and his improv and creativity would be AMAZING. Historical group - I'd go with a team of Appendix N authors: Jack Vance, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert E Howard, Fritz Leiber, and Michael Moorcock. I'd be the DM and we'd play something classic like Against the Cult of the Reptile God in B/X D&D, and it would all be fresh, new experience for them!

Great questions!
Sep 30, 2022 6:13 pm
Funny. I'm running Against the Cult of the Reptile God using Savage Worlds right now. It's public if you want to follow along.

Len

Sep 30, 2022 7:40 pm
WhtKnt says:
Funny. I'm running Against the Cult of the Reptile God using Savage Worlds right now. It's public if you want to follow along.
That's a fun adventure, thanks for the link!
Sep 30, 2022 9:26 pm
What's your favorite Starcraft race and voice line?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.