Warlock! Something is Rotten in Grim Biskerstaf...

load previous
Nov 3, 2022 3:29 pm
[ +- ] Original Post
OOC:
I think I have this whole scene mixed up. I was thinking the brigands were the red priests.
Rausimod continues pushing through the crowd to reach his red-cloaked targets. With stool in hand he tries to smash in the sternum of the first he can reach, but it would appear they were prepared for someone to try something in the chaos.
Last edited November 3, 2022 3:41 pm

Rolls

Blunt - (1d20+6+5)

(3) + 11 = 14

KCC

Nov 4, 2022 12:06 am
OOC:
Damage!

Rolls

1d6+1

(5) + 1 = 6

Nov 4, 2022 3:39 am
OOC:
Lambert -- you win the contest, beating his 22 with your 24! You not only defend but deal the damage you rolled: 6. That's enough to cause a critical with your long, wicked knife, so please roll 1d6+3 to determine what happens on the Slashing Crit table. (The original version of the game has crits at 2d6 + the amount of stamina below zero; the Traitor's edition, which I'm using, reduces that to 1d6 + the same amount.)

Rausimod -- got it. Yeah, the three priests are different guys from the men moving on Trusova. Your 14 might be enough -- remember that combat is an opposed roll... you don't need to meet or beat 20, just beat the result of your opponent's skill check. I'll roll one for a priest in a moment.
Nov 4, 2022 3:43 am
Peeling off, leaving the Trusova and the men assaulting her, Rausimod spies a red robe through the chaotic crowd and moves to close in on him...

...but the dwarf is shoved and tripped up at the last moment, as he's raising his stool to break the bones of the unsuspecting priest. Then that man is turning, and his eyes narrow as he see the malice in Rausimod's. "I follow the Red King! Strike me at your peril, fool!" the priest says, delivering a back-handed slap to the Dragon-lover.
OOC:
The priest wins the contest, and deals 3 Stamina damage to Rausimod. I suspect R doesn't have his helmet and shield, so damage is not reduced. Before I lower it on his sheet, it looks like Rausimod took damage previously, is that right? If that's from the dock scene, he would have recovered 1/2 of that. When did he take that damage?

Rolls

Red Priest's Defense - (1d20+4-2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Damage - (1d6-2)

(5) - 2 = 3

KCC

Nov 4, 2022 3:44 am
OOC:
I’ll ave you, long shanks!
OOC:
Well, it don’t make much sense, but there it is!

That was my foot! Can only hobble for 1d6 days. Toes loose in the boot.
Last edited November 4, 2022 3:45 am

Rolls

1d6+3

(2) + 3 = 5

Nov 4, 2022 3:54 am
OOC:
Go ahead and please narratively describe that, Lambert!
Nov 4, 2022 3:59 am
Harrigan says:
OOC:
The priest wins the contest, and deals 3 Stamina damage to Rausimod. I suspect R doesn't have his helmet and shield, so damage is not reduced. Before I lower it on his sheet, it looks like Rausimod took damage previously, is that right? If that's from the dock scene, he would have recovered 1/2 of that. When did he take that damage?
OOC:
He took one damage on the docks. And I just added the three damage from this attack myself.

KCC

Nov 4, 2022 4:12 am
The man comes at Lambert, knife drawn. Lambert hadn’t been keen to draw blood; not after the long day he’d had, but the man left him no choice.

He just has time to draw his own blade, when the man pounces. It catches Lambert by surprise. It’s all he can do to get his hand up and grab the man’s wrist, desperate to stop the blade’s advance. Holding it there, in a struggle back and forth, the thief seeks some advantage. As the blade inches closer to Lambert’s face, he swipes out desperately with his blade across the man’s boot; slicing away the toe of his flimsy boot. Leather was the easy bit, but Lambert had to thunk through the man’s little piggies before throwing him back and onto the Mermaid’s manky floor.

He stands over the man with his knife dripping blood and asks:

"Whos put you up to this?"
Nov 4, 2022 5:12 am
"Aahhhg, fuck!" the blonde ruffian facing Lambert cries when steel slices through leather, skin, flesh and bone. He falls heavily to the floor as his foot starts spurting, and his bloody toes are flung from his split boot by the impact. They bounce and roll, and he keeps screaming. "My foot! You bastard! You cut off my toes!"

Dropping his dagger with a clank, the man scrabbles backwards, trying to get away, leaving a sopping, bloody trail as he goes.
OOC:
He's ignoring your question, Wolke, but it's clear he has no more fight in him.

Rausimod, got it. You would have healed that point back ("Characters recover half their lost stamina as soon as they take half an hour to catch their breath - during this time they may do nothing else but rest. The remaining stamina is recovered after a good night's sleep. Critical injuries take much longer to recover from - they represent lasting, dangerous wounds. The games master can decide on what's feasible when recovering from critical injuries.") So -- back to full, then down 3.

Trusova, Foghorn, and Banio (who was holding) can all take actions.
Nov 4, 2022 3:04 pm
OOC:
Does Foghorn's kick to the leg count as his action this turn of combat? Might need a +5 on that. I only bring this up because I want that big roll to land since I'm up against the wall here :D
Trusova fights to get her wind back after getting slammed by that iron-banded club. She reaches back to the table and grabs that cup of Firebrew that Foghorn got her, and splashes it in the club wielder's face. While he's distracted, she drives her forehead into the bridge of his nose, and then downs whatever's left in the cup.
Last edited November 4, 2022 3:06 pm

Rolls

Brawling +5, offense +5 - (1d20+10, 1d6-2)

1d20+10 : (7) + 10 = 17

1d6-2 : (2) - 2 = 0

Nov 5, 2022 5:12 am
The thug with the club gets half a mug of fire brew in the face, and as he screws his eyes shut and tries to wipe the alcohol away, he receives a headbutt for his trouble, which knocks him back. Several onlookers cheer when Trusova then fires the rest of the mug's contents down the hatch, wincing at the burn.
OOC:
Foggy's previous roll was for him navigating the brawl to successfully cross the room, if memory serves. I think @Jabes.plays.RPG was a bit distracted recently, so if we don't hear from him by tomorrow I'll carry on with that kick and roll for him. Indeed, with a +5 bonus. And then Banio can decide to throw in or not. ;)

Edit -- and the brigand with the club suffers 1 Stamina damage, which is the minimum.

Rolls

Brigand Leader Defends with Club (at -2 for a drink in his face) - (1d20+6-2)

(6) + 4 = 10

KCC

Nov 6, 2022 4:21 am
Wolke kicks away the dagger, as he lurches after the man through the throng. Sneering down at him, knife dripping, he says:

"Start talking. Keep your guts in your belly." echoing the man’s threat from earlier.
Nov 6, 2022 4:20 pm
OOC:
Suspect Jabes is still dealing with family matters, so I'm going to post for Foghorn just to keep the action moving.
When Foggie arrives at the scuffle Trusova is involved in, he aim a savage kick to the back of the knee of one of the woman's assailants -- the man with the club. It connects and nearly buckles the man's knee, causing him to shout in pain and surprise as he suddenly finds himself facing a second foe.

"This is not your business, seaman! Go back to your barnacled cup!" he shouts as he shifts his position to face both Trusova and Foghorn.
OOC:
Success, 1 damage dealt.

Rolls

Foghorn's Brawling (+5) Roll -- +5 for attacking - (1d20+5+5)

(20) + 10 = 30

Brigand with Club (1-3) or Not (4-6) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Brigand Leader Defends vs. Foghorn (at -4 for not seeing it coming) - (1d20+6-4)

(13) + 2 = 15

Foghorn's Brawling Damage - (1d6-2)

(1) - 2 = -1

Nov 6, 2022 4:25 pm
OOC:
Banio, any action coming from you? We're at the end of the round, and otherwise I'll be firing up a new one.
Nov 6, 2022 8:11 pm
Tucked behind the tavern table, Phelbt considers his options.

With Foghorn's arrival, Trusova's scuffle is now a fair fight: two ruffians against two... sludge fishers, he supposes. But there's the wrinkle that one of the ruffians has brought a proper club to the fistfight-- broomstick fight, whatever-- which strikes Banio as poor form. Then too, Banio Phelbt has never permitted himself an unreasonable fondness for fair fights. Engaged as he is with both Trusova and their captain, Clubby there presents a tempting target.

Banio hops down from his chair. Moving low to the ground-- he can move no other way-- the little man scuttles up behind the club wielder. There's a flash of metal as he tries to put his dagger between the man's ribs.

Rolls

Attack w/ Dagger - (1d20+8+5)

(10) + 13 = 23

Potential Damage - (1d6+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Nov 7, 2022 7:32 am
The switch-wielding boss of the three ruffians doesn't finish his sentence to Foghorn when Banio darts in and draws blood from the man's back. It's not a deep wound -- the man won't be dying from it -- but the steel does piece leather, cotton, and flesh, and a red stain immediately appears at the brigand's back as he lurches away from whatever stabbed him.

"Gods, ah! What now?!"

Touching his back with his free hand, it comes back red, which makes the man blanch. His breath is rapid, his eyes desperate as patrons continue to fight around him. It's hard to tell which, but it's likely the man is about to flee... or attack savagely.
OOC:
Six damage! And okay, top of the order, Round... erm, Three, I think. Let's play this one by the book, which is alternating turns (PC/foe/PC/foe/etc.) in an order we can co-determine. If no one want to leap right on another action, I'd recommend we let Trusova act first -- then I'll make a move for one of your enemies.

Rolls

Brigand Leader Doesn't See Banio Coming (-4 to rolls) - (1d20+6-4)

(9) + 2 = 11

Nov 7, 2022 5:01 pm
OOC:
Sure, I'll take the first slot.
With Foghorn and Banio joining the fray, Trusova's got a bit more room to manoeuvre. She leaps up, grabs hold of an exposed rafter and swings, aiming her riding boots at Club boy's face.

Rolls

Brawling +5, offense +5 - (1d20+10, 1d6-2)

1d20+10 : (3) + 10 = 13

1d6-2 : (2) - 2 = 0

Nov 8, 2022 5:12 am
Trusova's distinctive boot doesn't connect cleanly, it doesn't knock the man senseless -- but she still nearly knocks him sprawling, and with the blood running down his back, he raises his hands, relenting in his attack. "Alright -- alright! Enough, woman! I yield!"

On the floor, some distance away, amidst all the howling dance partners so intent on knocking one another out, the blonde man Lambert has at knife-point shakes his head. "Hells if I know! Boss says we were paid good silver to bag his woman, a road warden she is! Carried something of interest here is all I know!"

Further away still, Rausimod has been back-handed by one of the Red Priests, and that man gnashes his teeth and presses forward. Seizing upon the stool the dwarf still wields, he tries to wrench it from the initiate.
OOC:
Just 1 damage from Trusova, but it's enough to make the man turn tail.

Rausimod, is there any visible sign of who you worship on your body someone might see during strenuous activity like this? Tattoos on your arms, a holy symbol? Regardless, make an Endurance check to maintain possession of the stool. Then go ahead and take the next action!

Wolke, you're free to post / act too.
[ +- ] Acted so far in this round...

Rolls

Clubby on the Defensive (-2 from being outnumbered) - (1d20+6-2)

(6) + 4 = 10

Red Priest Fights for the Stool - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

KCC

Nov 8, 2022 1:02 pm
"Well, seeing as how you didn’t complete the job, I suppose it ain’t right that you’d keep the coin." the thief says, leaning in close and brandishing his knife threateningly.

He lets the question of the knife hang for a moment, and then he cuts the man’s coin purse free and pockets it.

"Now… piss off." he says, yanking his head towards the door.

He turns then, searching the crowd for Trusova and makes his way towards her if he spots her!
Last edited November 8, 2022 1:02 pm

Rolls

Spot - (1d20+8)

(19) + 8 = 27

Nov 8, 2022 2:55 pm
It was a good thing Rausmod kept his faith hidden. He had no markings nor emblems... save the dragon in his shield, currently strapped to his back... and the dragon-winged skullcap, also tucked away. So when he struggled with the Red Priest, it was only he who knew it was a religious struggle. And that was his advantage.
OOC:
Oops, wrong skill. Endurance would make it a 16.
Last edited November 8, 2022 2:55 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.