[Recruitment Thread] Fate of Eberron

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 9, 2022 9:54 am
I had a look at the High Fantasy Magic book. It seems easily translatable to Eberron. My character would have a wand for each magical discipline he/she could useā€”one for air, another for fire ect.
Oct 9, 2022 11:20 am
I've decided to include all six of you. Sending out invitations within the hour.
Nov 11, 2022 11:38 am
So we've lost a couple players through the usual attrition, and I'm looking for two more to fill the game back up. Reply here or PM me if you're interested in playing. I'll monitor this thread through Monday Nov 14th and then choose two players from those who respond.
Nov 11, 2022 6:40 pm
Hmmm... this sounds interesting. I love Eberron and I love Fate, and I never tried them together.

Just out of curiosity, did you finally choose the High Fantasy Magic system?
Nov 11, 2022 9:32 pm
gnomius says:

Just out of curiosity, did you finally choose the High Fantasy Magic system?
We did. Yes.
Nov 12, 2022 7:01 pm
I am interested in playing. What does the current party consist of so I can make a character that fits with the group?
Nov 12, 2022 7:35 pm
I'm playing Svara, a Dread Necromancer, former officer in the army of Karrnath named outlaw by her own nation. We have Vala, half-orc mercenary dragonmark of House Tharashk but sworn to Deneith. And Kary, a 13-year-old who might(read: is) be possessed by the Night Hag Sora Kell.

We were hired by the Prince of New Cyre to locate a lost adventuring party in the Mournland. If you join now, you will likely join the group when we stumble upon each other there. But any Eberron concept can work. You might also appreciate knowing we lost a PC changeling who may have been working with Sora Kell to get her out of Kary's body.
Nov 12, 2022 8:31 pm
Thanks @ZeroCool. I see that you've lost your thief.

So my proposed character is (so far, not done yet):

Randall Thelson
High Concept: Crafty leader of the [local] thieves guild
Trouble: Enemies all around
Relationship Aspect: TBD
Other Aspects:
I may be a thief, but I have honor
Acolyte of the Church of Kol Korran
Has a pet raven
One of the biggest gamblers in [local]

Stunts:
Backstab: I can use stealth instead of fighting when attacking an opponent that cannot see me
Friend of thieves: +2 to overcome rolls with Rapport when interacting with other unsavory types
Tumbles out of the way: +2 to athletics rolls to defend against melee attacks
Man of the shadows: Can travel through shadows with a stealth roll

Backstory:
Randall grew up in the undercity slums. Having no opportunity for advancement, he turned to a career in crime. As a young child, he was caught trying to pickpocket a member of the thieves guild. Instead of gutting him, he was brought in and given training.

He worked his way up the ranks, taking on new jobs and growing as a thief. His underworld contacts grew as did his skills as a thief.
Eventually he took over the guild as the leader. It's a loose organization, so running it doesn't take all of his time. He often spends his days taking on new jobs, training recruits, and adventuring.
Last edited November 15, 2022 3:57 am
Nov 15, 2022 4:03 am
My character isn't quite finished, but I've made some updates that flesh out what kind of character he would be. I'd be happy to create a different one or change this one if it doesn't work with the setting/group.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.