[Recruitment Thread] Fate of Eberron

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedFate CorePublic1 / dayJoshuaMabry
A game using Fate set in Eberron, a D&D setting originally created for D&D 3.5. For those familiar with the setting, we'll start in Sharn because it's easy, but I want to work together in an extensive session zero to create the basic set up of the game and tie the characters together. I want to emphasize that the session zero will be lengthy, and it may be a couple weeks before we actually start play. I'll be using the Fate Condensed version of the rules, which is available as a pay what you want pdf from DriveThruRPG here.

I do not condone and will not portray sexual violence or violence towards children. I don't anticipate this game getting too dark, but there are some horror aspects to the Eberron setting, and so if we want to we'll go there for a while.

Oct 2, 2022 6:06 pm
Like it says on the tin. I posted an Interest Check thread a couple days ago about this game, and received enough attention that I've decided to go ahead and run it. Everyone who posted in the Interest Check thread will be considered for the game. I will monitor this thread through Saturday October 8th and then pick players from those who posted in the Interest Thread, post here, or pm me. Please explain what's got your interest in this game in your post/pm.
Last edited October 2, 2022 6:11 pm
Oct 2, 2022 6:09 pm
*Squints*
What does 'Prolonged use may cause random mutation' mean?

Anyhow I'm taking one.
Oct 2, 2022 6:12 pm
@Khulod, just edited that first post, you may want to reread it. You are in consideration.
Oct 2, 2022 6:20 pm
Sign me up :)

I love the Eberron setting, and like to see something else than what D&D 5e can muster. I also like FATE, and believe that it is very fitting for pbp.

I was consittering what a else to play and thought of a young man, who had been training with house Deneith as a bodyguard/magewrite most of his life. On the day of his graduation where he would swore an oath to the Deneith house, his dragon mark appeared and it was not the Deneith dragon mark. He is trapped by his own oath while it is clear that he belongs to another house and they want him. It could be a greater dragon mark, so the house leaders had an interesting pawn to fight over.
It is hard to hide the mark as it is big and in an obvious place, like the neck and part of the chin.

He just want to serve and do a good job. But now he is torn between the place that made him the man he is today, and the destiny of the mark. He might even try to runaway if he can't handle the pressure. Whatever house/dragon mark he has depends is something we figure out.

Wielding a sword and wand king of thing.
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ab/61/ed/ab61ed1ae3fa17137401469bcf28a36f.jpg
OOC:
This is a better image than I thought... there is some naivete in that face.
Last edited October 2, 2022 6:58 pm
Oct 2, 2022 6:21 pm
@runekyndig, also already being considered.
Oct 2, 2022 6:22 pm
I want to be clear, this is not first come first served. I want to keep this thread going for a few days to give people a chance to see it and throw their name in if they wish. If I only get five interested parties, there are the players. But beyond five I will pick and choose.
Oct 2, 2022 6:33 pm
JoshuaMabry says:
@Khulod, just edited that first post, you may want to reread it. You are in consideration.
Ooh, sneaky. Anyhow I'm still taking one.

As mentioned in the other thread, I simply love Eberron as a setting and would like to revive my old changeling psionic thief-girl.

Just look at her! Look at her! Can you say no to this?
https://i.imgur.com/KqELnJz.jpg
Last edited October 2, 2022 6:44 pm
Oct 2, 2022 6:55 pm
@Dreamweaver you're on the list!
Oct 3, 2022 12:30 am
I would also be interested in this game. My first pitch would be for a former military commander from Karrnath, recently disillusioned from The Blood of Vol, perhaps on the run from a cult of The Emerald Claw.
Oct 3, 2022 1:09 am
Awesome. You’re in consideration.
Oct 3, 2022 7:55 am
As mentioned in the previous thread, I'm in!
I've never tried FATE, and really want to try it. I already downloaded the core books. And soon I'll share a couple of possible PCs.
Last edited October 3, 2022 7:57 am
Oct 3, 2022 8:19 am
Cathamber says:
As mentioned in the previous thread, I'm in!
I've never tried FATE, and really want to try it. I already downloaded the core books. And soon I'll share a couple of possible PCs.
There are at least 3 different version of FATE
Core, Condensed and Accelerated
We are going to use Condensed as it is the only book I don't have :P
Oct 3, 2022 9:35 am
runekyndig says:

There are at least 3 different version of FATE
Core, Condensed and Accelerated
We are going to use Condensed as it is the only book I don't have :P
Condensed is really a streamlined edition of Core. There were a couple changes made to Stress and Initiative, but as we have players new to the system I'll be explaining those anyway.
Oct 4, 2022 1:55 am
As I said in the previous thread, I've always wanted to play in Eberron and I've always wanted to try FATE. So I'd love to join this game.
I've been running 5e for a few years and I miss being on the player's side.
Last edited October 4, 2022 1:56 am
Oct 6, 2022 10:56 am
Is six players too many?
Oct 6, 2022 11:35 am
JoshuaMabry says:
Is six players too many?
It's around the upper limit of what I like.
Oct 6, 2022 2:41 pm
From my perspective as one of those potential players, no, but it would be my limit for a face to face game. Not sure about a pbp.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.