Business card redesign: feedback please?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jul 15, 2016 11:23 pm
How about something like this?
http://i66.tinypic.com/k2b6tj.jpg
Last edited July 15, 2016 11:24 pm
Jul 15, 2016 11:47 pm
The more I look at the split design, the less I like it, heh. Def don't like bringing so much attention to my name... it's not about getting people to contact me, it's bringing attention to Gamers' Plane.

v5.0 (colorized)
http://gamersplane.com/images/businesscards/v5.0_front.jpg
Jul 15, 2016 11:57 pm
Keleth says:
it's not about getting people to contact me, it's bringing attention to Gamers' Plane.
Then the last one is the best in my opinion.
Jul 16, 2016 12:01 am
greenvoid says:
Keleth says:
it's not about getting people to contact me, it's bringing attention to Gamers' Plane.
Indeed, if the focus to raise awareness of the site's existence, then the logo definitely needs to be in prominence. In that case, you could even remove your name entirely.
Last edited July 16, 2016 12:02 am
Jul 16, 2016 12:05 am
kalajel says:
greenvoid says:
Keleth says:
Indeed, if the focus to raise awareness of the site's existence, then the logo definitely needs to be in prominence. In that case, you could even remove your name entirely.
I don't want to remove my name entirely as I want to leave it personal as well. I also use it when reaching out to companies or organizations, so a name is necessary (so they remember who they're contacting).
Jul 16, 2016 12:11 am
Okay. v5.0 colorized seems like a keeper then. If I had any tweaking suggestion to offer; name a bit smaller (by about 2-4 points), contact info a bit larger (by about 1 or 2 points).
Jul 16, 2016 12:12 am
I'll try it out. I'm gonna sit on colorized vs the black bg pattern, but I'll go between those.
Jul 16, 2016 12:43 am
So I wanna increase the contact info as mentioned, but the facebook link is too long... Would

/GamersPlane next to the Facebook icon make sense? I'm not sure...

Also, thanks to all of you with all the advice, thoughts, and feedback. As you may have noticed with these cards, with my site design, I'm never quite sure what's good, specially with my own work.
Jul 16, 2016 1:02 am
Keleth says:
So I wanna increase the contact info as mentioned, but the facebook link is too long... Would

Also, thanks to all of you with all the advice, thoughts, and feedback. As you may have noticed with these cards, with my site design, I'm never quite sure what's good, specially with my own work.
As in it gets in the way of the e-mail address opposite it? Maybe you can try pairing it with this site's url or the twitter handle instead?
Jul 16, 2016 3:27 am
kalajel says:
Keleth says:

As in it gets in the way of the e-mail address opposite it? Maybe you can try pairing it with this site's url or the twitter handle instead?
That's what I was thinking, but I was hoping to figure out a way to keep Twitter and the web address higher, as they're the primaries.
Jul 16, 2016 4:49 am
Keleth says:
That's what I was thinking, but I was hoping to figure out a way to keep Twitter and the web address higher, as they're the primaries.
And yet other people might consider them primaries because they're both on the left...
Last edited July 16, 2016 4:49 am
Jul 16, 2016 5:03 am
kalajel says:
Keleth says:
And yet other people might consider them primaries because they're both on the left...
Good point; I'll look into that.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.