Welcome! (Intro & Rules)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 22, 2022 1:42 pm
Welcome to Tiny Shattered Lands on Gamersplane. This game is for anyone new to RP (role playing), PbP (play by post), or GP (gamersplane.com)
Oct 23, 2022 3:58 pm
#1 Be courteous, respectful, and avoid offensive or derogatory posts.
+ Communication among all should be polite and one of mutual respect
[ +- ] Safety Tools:
#2. Open Table Policy
If you end up not enjoying this game or if something happens that causes you to not have the time for it anymore, please feel free to leave anytime. I would appreciate a heads-up, with or without a reason, just so I know what's going on.
#3. I will check in if i have not recieved a post from players in over a week. If players are inactive for too long, 2 weeks, they may be removed from the game to allow room for others. If you can't post at least once a week just let me know.
Oct 23, 2022 3:58 pm
This is a game. It is supposed to be fun. The rule are only to help us know how to work together to have fun. If it isn't fun, something is wrong and we need to fix it.
Basic system rules are listed in the "What is TinyD6?" thread

House Rules & how I run the gameYou can try and do anything.
Yes you can try and jump 50', but if you character does not have a Trait to enhance basic jumping/movement then they likely will not even be able to touch the far side.
Play the character
Have fun
Oct 23, 2022 4:44 pm
Character communication is in bold
Character thought is in itallics
Use colors for additional emphasis, like on a characters name
OOC:
Player thoughts/comments are in OOC
Use the Q&A thread to ask for any clarification
Use the Chat thread for anything not related to the current game situation
Roll a Test anytime you think there is a chance or failure so I dont have to ask for a roll or roll for you This keeps the game moving.
Oct 23, 2022 5:08 pm
While I will start the characters in a predetermined situation the game is an open sandbox where your character is free to go anywhere and try anything. Talk to NPC (non player character which are characters in the story not controlled by other players) and creatures (many are intelligent but not all speak the same language that your character may know), explore the swamps, delve into ruins, fight or flee from visious monsters.
There will be multiple threads with each characters starting in their own thread. I will direct you to other threads as your character moves around where you can interact with NPC and other PC, player characters. Certain thread will be based on fixed locations like shops, taverns, or offices in town while others will follow specific characters. You may encounter other character by being in the same thread at the same time. You are free to work together or go it alone. Many people enjoy interacting with other players but life may make players unable to post on any given schedule or they may simply want to do different things. If you want to control your story direction and speed you will need to find players with similar schedules and interest. However some challenges may require help. You can look to hire a henchmen NPC or find a team to overcome these tougher situations.
Oct 26, 2022 1:10 am
Now that you are familiar with the basics go ahead and look at the setting information if you like, which describe the world you will be playing in, or just go strait ahead to character creation. Both of these are in the Reference sub-forum of the game.
Oct 26, 2022 1:11 am
Now that you have a character you need to submit it to the game.
At the top tap/click the "Games" (3d box icon on mobile devices) then select "My Games", find this game "Tiny Shattered Lands".
https://i.imgur.com/SAjyy70.png
Scroll down to "Submit a Character" select the character to add to this game and click "Submit"
Then head over to the TinyChat and announce you and the new character are ready to play.
Sep 14, 2023 2:38 am
In the story/game you can access the ~Tiny Info~ which has a bunch of information for quick reference. You can either access it by tapping the grey button below the Rolls section
https://i.imgur.com/t8yLGy8.png or opening it from the Characters menus at the bottom of the page. Additional information can be added here upon request.

Common queries are added to Tiny Q&A

Thread locked