TinyChat

Oct 23, 2022 4:38 pm
This is where we can talk about anything
Oct 25, 2022 11:56 pm
Welcome @RovanRavenhill
You can post anything about getting set up here
Oct 26, 2022 12:01 am
Read the Welcome thread then proceeded to the thread on TinyD6
You can post questions here or in the Q&A. Anything I thing is relevant to others I will add to the Q&A
Oct 26, 2022 12:03 am
Hello there! Just read the setting. Figuring out how to convert my 5e character to a Tiny d6 format.
Oct 26, 2022 12:10 am
Sounds Good. You will be similar to a 3rd level in that you will have a few abilities and not die on 1 hit.
The are some official Traits but I want players to come up with ideas on their own for what their character excels at and we can build a trait to match.
Oct 26, 2022 12:13 am
Okay, I will just write in some traits I can imagine then. Thanks!
Oct 26, 2022 12:26 am
There ya go, reckon I finished him as well as I can. I went overboard and wrote in 5 traits. I'm happy to keep or lose as many as needed, but hopefully they give you an idea of the direction I'm taking with the character. :)

Snoppish bookworm might be a quick summary...
Oct 26, 2022 12:37 am
Now that you have a character you need to submit it to the game.
At the top tap/click the games icon (3d box) then select "My Games", find this game "Tiny Shattered Lands".
https://i.imgur.com/SAjyy70.png
Scroll down to "Submit a Character" select the character to add to this game and click "Submit"
Nov 15, 2022 11:26 pm
I gotta say, I am loving this game so far. Danger, intrigue, ancient magics - classic stuff!
Nov 15, 2022 11:33 pm
Well I am almost as old as some of those magics so yeah, I dig the classics :) Though I am playing in a D&D (original) game, and totaly forgot how hard and limited it was.
Nov 16, 2022 1:13 am
I remember DnD 2e from high school, Tiny Dungeon is such an incredible improvement on that experience.
Nov 20, 2022 2:52 pm
OK we have a couple of new players. Into yourself and character when ready
Nov 20, 2022 5:47 pm
Hello and greetings to all of you,

Happy to be here as I was looking for some TinyD6 game for quite some time now. Played a Tiny Wastelands game a few months back and pretty much enjoyed it. I think I'm familiar with the basic rules of TD6. However, in the heat of writing I might overlook details.

I'm not a native speaker. So awkward grammar and other happy accidents might occur (though I use tools to cover that).

And now I'm going to dig through all the posts and create a character. Was there a date, by when we are supposed to have the characters ready for play?
Nov 20, 2022 5:59 pm
I start the characters a bit different from the regular rules to simplify it. Character begin with their heritage, two traits, and a weapon group proficiency. Start with the Character Creation thread and let me know if you have any questions
Nov 20, 2022 10:12 pm
Like I have said the intent of this game is for fun and learning. Characters are free to work together, get an npc partner as in the initial missions have, or go solo.

The game is built around the expedition base with most characters able to return there to spend nights. So even if you do not go out to adventure together you may interact occasionally.
Nov 23, 2022 2:18 am
Ok added one more player so there are now 4. If your all want a group of 4 or 2 groups of 2 either works for me.
Nov 23, 2022 9:23 pm
I like the idea of having "speaking" not only in bold, but also change the font. At least for me, it makes the (con-)text clearer.

Would it be okay for you if I adopt this?

[f=font-fell color:red bold]"Text."[/f]
-> "Text."

And another thing: I do have difficulties to write in 3rd Person when the character is doing something. Would it be okay for you when I use 1st person view to describe my actions?
Nov 23, 2022 9:47 pm
That is fine. As long as talking is distinct. First person is fine as well
Nov 24, 2022 3:01 am
Glad to be here. I'm still getting my character created. Look forward to joining the world you all are creating together!
Last edited November 25, 2022 2:01 am
Nov 25, 2022 5:17 am
FYI when posting in the story/game there is a "Post As" option that allows you to post in character
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.