Tiny Q&A

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 23, 2022 4:40 pm
Players post questions and anyone can post answers
Dec 2, 2022 5:06 am
There are a couple of ways to roll dice for a Test

1. At the bottom of the page Role section. With the drop down set to Basic click Add. Enter some text as a description on the Reason field. Then enter a roll of the following formula #d6 where # can be 1 for disadvantage, 2 for a basic test, or 3 for a test with advantage.
https://i.imgur.com/I0gCFgB.jpg

2. Below Rolls are characters available for you to quick access in this game. Clicking a character it will expand that sheet below the buttons. Tap/click one of the test buttons to add a roll. Set the Focused check box if you have focused first.
https://i.imgur.com/DxqVFEe.jpg

Rolls

Focus DC 4 - (2d6)

(32) = 5

Dec 3, 2022 3:33 pm
@tibbius and any others who have played TinyD6 a question about how you have had zones used in other games.
As I see it now the party is split into 2 zones as some advanced and the others remained standing
Zone 2 Degs and Shmautz + 3 zombies and 1 skeleton
Zone 2 Ed and Nix + 1 skeleton
As I would use Zones you can attack anyone in your own zone (close/near) with a melee but anyone else needs a ranged or magic attack.
tibbius says:
Eddisham .. gives the skeleton a sharp nod and death glare ...
... then shakes his shillelagh at one of the zombies who menaces Degs.
I would say to reverse the targets - magic attack the zombie on Degs and shillelagh the skeleton
I will use the zones more and not distances in feet in my descriptions from now on and added Range & Zones the the What is Tiny D6 section for reference.
I want to keep this in theater of the mind, which TBH, I hadn't played much so am open to feedback and d8s on how we manage distances.
Dec 3, 2022 6:12 pm
Psybermagi says:
@tibbius and any others who have played TinyD6 a question about how you have had zones used in other games.
I think you're doing it right, Degs and Shmautz are in a zone that is Far from Eddisham and Nixly.
Psybermagi says:
tibbius says:
Eddisham .. gives the skeleton a sharp nod and death glare ...
... then shakes his shillelagh at one of the zombies who menaces Degs.
I would say to reverse the targets - magic attack the zombie on Degs and shillelagh the skeleton
These both are spelltouched attacks, shaking the shillelagh is flavor for using it as a magic wand
Dec 3, 2022 6:49 pm
got it, thanks for clarifying
Jan 23, 2023 11:45 pm
Just a quick recap and intro add there have been a couple of fights and we have some newcomers

Each time your character gets to act you can choose one of these standard actions or discuss other options with the game master (GM). PS that's me ๐Ÿ˜

In combat I do not enforce strict order of who goes when other than breaking it up by teams. This is too slow players to pay whenever they have time and not need to wait on teammates. Ex player characters (PC) then Non player characters (NPC) controlled by the GM. When it is your teams turn each character getd 2 actions each. These should be posted all at once.
See Combat Actions for details
Feb 2, 2023 2:39 am
I'm now seeing the actions that you have listed Psybermagi, I hope I haven't taken too many liberties.

Question: Do you want me to share the rolls I use to determine my narrative choices like I did in my last post? Or is it easier to keep those on my end? I tend to do a lot of solo play, so I'm in the habit of asking questions of my dice and seeing how it influences my evolving character. I don't want to confuse anything though by providing too much roll detail.
Feb 2, 2023 1:07 pm
Now worries. This is a game and the rules are just there for a interactive frame of refference.
Any rolls you make are fine as I simply interpret them as you intent for character action. Adding dice roll randomness to character decision making is totally fine. Its all about the story and yours is great so go to town with whatever help. :)
Feb 24, 2023 10:56 pm
I am working on a Price Guide that can be found on the Tiny Notes sheet under Stores. This is for reference as I don't plan on tracking equipment much in this game. It is just to let you know general prices if you want to get something.
May 23, 2023 1:57 pm
Where can you find a list of heritage? The cheat sheet PDF didn't seem to have them, and I the tiny d6 whatever website seems to be down.
May 23, 2023 1:59 pm
DaChiefPI says:
Where can you find a list of heritage? The cheat sheet PDF didn't seem to have them, and I the tiny d6 whatever website seems to be down.
On your thread there should be a post with the words character creation in red. That links you to another thread with almost everything you need.
May 23, 2023 2:01 pm
Mnrtoler says:
DaChiefPI says:
On your thread there should be a post with the words character creation in red. That links you to another thread with almost everything you need.
I think I found them. They just aren't identified as heritages. There's no header on that section..

There's list of beast folk, spirit folk and I think the other were mortal folk.. each of those expands out to different races which I expect are the heritages?

If nothing else for future new players to know.
May 23, 2023 2:25 pm
Yup that's it
May 23, 2023 2:47 pm
I added headers for future reference.
May 24, 2023 12:20 am
This has come up a couple of times so I wasn't too clarify Trades for everyone
Quote:
Select a trade you were either trained in or were familiar with before you began your adventure. This can be any type of job or lifestyle such as librarian (random knowledge and knows how to find records), carpenter(woods, shaping, building, etc), street urchin(city directions, loosing a tail, where you can steal from and where you shouldn't), or hermit(wild fruits and vegetables, weather, natural remedies)
Note: trades give knowledge and basic skills that in no way are equal to traits.
Ex : street urchin it's familiar with stealth and sleight of hand but without those traits still has to roll 2d6 on those activities. However they can roll 3d6 on finding scraps to live on, hiding spots in a city, knowing when to run vs beg, etc
So if it is a knowledge about something specific or a skill not applied against other pc or npc then a trade can grant 3d6. If your want to be good at something to overcome difficulties then that should be a trait.
May 24, 2023 3:34 pm
Psybermagi says:
This has come up a couple of times so I wasn't too clarify Trades for everyone
Okay, then to clarify further.

1. You list the trade, and then in parentheses you have listed a series of benefits that are engendered by that trade. Do you want us only to list the name of the trade, and when it does or does not apply is up to you? Or do you want us to predefine situations, skills, that would be related to the trade, in parentheses like you did?

2. Do we list a single trade? Are you suggesting that we might have more than one? Sure it's realistic that someone might have been involved in more than one trade before they started exploring... But it might be more practical to only list one, the one that they are most adept in? Didn't know.
May 24, 2023 3:43 pm
A trade is basically a general area of expertise and experience. A single word or short phrase is enough detail
Ex of abilities given a trade:
Cook : cooking food, handling knives, cutting meat, recognizing ingredients, making a fire, recognizing certain things by smell
If you have questions about what a usage can do your can ask
This game is meant to keep things simple if you want a broader skill set then it should be easily expressed and understood.
Ex
Barbarian hunter, City apothecary, gypsy merchant, roving bounty hunter
Jun 1, 2023 4:09 am
Marmy49 says:
how do i add those little dropdown attachments
@Marmy49, here is a brief tutorial for the newcomers. Details in the BCC code thread
The quick reply has many features, most are self evident. You can click these then fill in the brackets they create or highlight text then click one to apply the format to it.
These are the features from LEFT to RIGHT
Bold , Italic , Underline , Strikethrough ,
- Linebreak
Format
Color : Red, Blue, Green or type in your own choice
Insert Picture : by web url, upload file, etc
Table : crates a table with cells separated by '|'
Poll : mostly used by DM but anyone can create one and get feedback
Link : link text with a url and it will appear RED
Quote : block quote text. If you set `quote=someone` it will be posted as
DM says:
block text
Note : There are 3 types of notes @player mentions the player and adds a link for them on their homepage, Notes are only able to be read by players they are addressed to and the DM, everyone else only sees a block. Private is the same as a Note but no one else sees the block.
Psybermagi sent a note to Psybermagi
@Psybermagi
OOC : this is just another block text specifically for Out of Character chatter. I prefer chatter not related to a scene be put in the TinyChat thread. The odd comment is not a big deal but any kind of discussion should be move there.
Snippet : This is another block text but it starts collapsed. You can put other blocks inside of here including pictures, tables, quotes, etc.
Jun 3, 2023 2:17 pm
As this game was designed for newcomers I wasn't sure how long people would stick around. Thus I had no plan on character progression. Since then I have had several stick around I referenced the Tiny system which only has some suggestions. So here are the basics of character progression that I worked up.
Characters who make it through their first introductory arc will gain 1 additional ability
After that you will gain 1 ability for each 2-4 story arcs, depending on their length and complexity

Abilities can include
Weapon Group Proficiency - light, heavy, ranged
Weapon Mastery - of a single weapon you are proficient with, attack with 3d6
Trait - create/add a new trait
Prestige Trait - only available after characters have at least 1 Mastery and 4 traits (race +3) based off an existing trait these increase the output
Jun 3, 2023 6:08 pm
Works for me. :)
Jun 15, 2023 9:24 am
Sorry, I don't think I can post as my character, for some reason. Have I done something wrong?
Jun 15, 2023 11:49 am
I just had to approve the character. You should be good now
Jun 26, 2023 2:02 am
Quick question on posting order. Is it polite to let everyone post before posting again? Basically, does posting typically goes sequentially? If so, then I've been rude, apologise, and will try and hold fire going forward.
Jun 26, 2023 2:42 am
I probably post too much lol, but I post whenever it makes sense to. Also depends on your group and if one person post less maybe not leave them too far behind, but in my experience it's not rude to post again before everyone else if it seems like the logical place to post. Except during combat obviously
Last edited June 26, 2023 2:42 am
Jun 26, 2023 11:55 am
That makes sense, thank you
Jun 26, 2023 12:37 pm
Most gams I have seen in PbP have an uneven posting frequency. Some people post more when things are interesting to them others are consistent while others are sporadic.
I try to make sure players get to post before scenes change so they can rescue to anything they want, which seems standard in my experience.
Aug 11, 2023 11:28 pm
OK, a bit of a tutorial and some basic game guidelines.

I will put DM questions/comments/instructions for characters in purple text and use the OOC for communication with the players

I try to let everyone be involved in the story but often move it along when al least half have posted if I feel there is little needed from the characters at that time. This is just to keep the story moving so feel free to speak up if you feel you are getting skipped or want to react to something I just moved away from. (I can always copy/past posts and retcon if needed)

I know some people subscribe to threads and post online when they get email updates to their threads. If you are doing this you should be following at least 2 threads : the story (this one) and your personal player/character thread but I would also suggest following the Chat thread.

When a player is tagged, like @Psybermagi it adds a linked notice to the gamersplane home page for that player. This can be done by typing it out or using the Page or box with lines icon (second from the right) to add it. Some mobile devices will let you tap it to view the menu but others require you to tap & hold to view the menu. Besides listing all the players this menu also lets you tag them with the @ as well as post Notes and Private text. Both of these can only be viewed by the sender and those included in it's to list. Notes are visible as a grey box to all not addressed in it while Private text is entirely hidden.

The ~Tiny Info~ also has a bunch of information for quick reference and can be accessed by tapping the grey button below the Rolls section
https://i.imgur.com/t8yLGy8.png or opening it from the Characters menus at the bottom of the page. Additional information can be added here upon request
Aug 28, 2023 10:25 pm
I am new to pbp and dnd style games in general.. after i have rolled and passed a check do i wait for the gm to move me on or do i expand the story based on the result? I.passed a check and dunno what to do next
Aug 29, 2023 12:14 am
Typically a roll is explained by the DM
This system is pretty strait forward so if you want to add a bit of the result and your action then feel free.

I do try to get back to posts throughout the day if I have time but typically I do most of my post during my commute on the train.
Aug 29, 2023 8:39 am
Psybermagi says:
Typically a roll is explained by the DM
This system is pretty strait forward so if you want to add a bit of the result and your action then feel free.

I do try to get back to posts throughout the day if I have time but typically I do most of my post during my commute on the train.
That's fine.. i wasn't sure so i checked other posts and i saw people responding to their own rolls so i thought maybe i was doing something wrong heheh
Aug 29, 2023 11:50 am
There are some RPG that encourage a shared narrative where the players add to the story beyond their character. I am new to this but open to it. It seems a fun way to expand player involvement. If player added content directly contradicts the story or setting I can just comment on the key point and edit it. Some players are more comfortable doing this than others. It is like play by post improv acting.
Sep 23, 2023 8:32 pm
Proposed optional rules for veterans
Critical Hit : Any time two 6's are roll rolled on any test you can improve the basic desired results. This includes adding damage during combat.

Critical Miss : If all dice rolls results in 1's then something goes wrong. The GM will tell you the consequences of your critical failure.
0 : reduce all damage
Medium Armor : If worn without the Armor proficiency then all activities are at disadvantage. If proficient reduces damage taken by 1.
Heavy Armor : If worn without the Armor proficiency then all activities are at disadvantage and movement takes 2 actions unless Armor mastery is known. If proficient reduces damage taken by 1. If mastered then reduces damage taken by 2.

1: Roll to resist damage
Medium armor with Proficiency allows you to negate 1 point of any physical or weapon attack. (roll d6, ignore damage on a 5 or 6) while Heavy armor with Mastery allows you to roll 2d6 and each success negates 1 damage.

2: Limited damage reduction per combat
Medium armor with Proficiency allows you to negate the first point of damage from each conflict. Heavy armor with Mastery allows you to negate the first 2 points of damage from each conflict.
Sep 23, 2023 8:52 pm
Critical Hits: I am good with this. You can't have this with Disadvantage, and it still takes only 2 dice with Advantage. So, I think it works and is good for me.

Critical Miss: On the other hand, I don't like this. It makes trying any roll at Disadvantage extremely dangerous. If both are a matched pair, I recommend rejecting both. If they are separate, I'd go for Hits but not Miss.

For the Armor rules, does this make "Armor Proficiency" basically another option equivalent to weapon proficiency? So, instead of picking from Light Melee, Heavy Melee, and Ranged we'd now pick from Light Melee, Heavy Melee, Ranged, and Armor?

Also, in the rulebook, these armor rules were paired with variable weapon damage. Right now, all weapons do a single point of damage. That makes anyone with armor proficiency immune to damage. In other words, to make these armor rules work, the whole damage and weapon system has to change to match. Because of this, I have to recommend against this.

I hope I don't sound too negative. I'm just worried about the unintended consequences of doing these.

On a completely different subject, don't forget the Fighting Styles rules. So, if the martial artist character wants to do fancy stuff, spending a trait on that will given them many options. (Kinda like how the extra magic traits help expand the magic available.)
Sep 23, 2023 10:52 pm
I am OK with feedback and am making this up based other systems and the TinyD6 options

Critical Success & Failure : These do not need to be paired. Critical Failures could include things like losing an action, triggering an undesirable reaction, etc. Basically yeah they are not good and prompt player to think before acting too much at disadvantage. That said, I do allow Focusing at all times in my game which some other TinyD6 games do not allow. So even at disadvantage if you focus you have 50% success and 17% Critical Failure. But this is optional flavoring for those who like it.

Armor & Damage : Not being able to damage someone would be bad so the armor options would only be used with either the critical or some other system to increase damage. I did not initially include the increased damage option as I didn't want to add too much complexity but this left the result imbalanced

Possible system revisions :
1: Medium armor with Proficiency allows you to negate 1 point of any physical or weapon attack. (roll d6, ignore damage on a 5 or 6) while Heavy armor with Mastery allows you to roll 2d6 and each success negates 1 damage.

2: Medium armor with Proficiency allows you to negate the first point of damage from each conflict. Heavy armor with Mastery allows you to negate the first 2 points of damage from each conflict.
When you say "Fighting Styles" are you referring to the Prestige traits including Martial Disciplines? If so then I am allowing these as players progress past a certain point. If you mean something else please explain.
Sep 24, 2023 12:55 am
Oooooo! I like the armor option #2. It requires no extra rolls, but provides a tangible benefit that isn't out of line. Plus it builds on how armor master and such work, but it's still different. I like it.

Yes, I meant Martial Disciplines. I couldn't remember the name and didn't look it up.

Finally, I'm still in for Crirical Success, but not Critical Failure. That said, it isn't a dealbreaker for me and I'll accept whatever the decision is.

I look forward to see what the others think.
Sep 24, 2023 11:23 am
Not sure if I qualify as a vet now, but I like both of the crit rules. I personally don't mind being punished for rolling a 1 when at disadvantage, it cuts both ways so its fair.
Sep 24, 2023 5:25 pm
These rules work for me. And I'm with Daryen on armor option #2. :)
Sep 24, 2023 5:36 pm
And, just to be clear, when you say "armor proficiency", it operates just like weapon proficiency and is acquired just like weapon proficiency. Is that correct?
Sep 24, 2023 6:09 pm
Yes, armor proficiency is like a weapon group proficiency. I am stating that light armor does not require proficiency. Skill in armor is the same are weapon proficiency and mastery.
Sep 24, 2023 7:36 pm
That's what I thought, but I didn't want to just assume. Thank you!

So, at the risk of repeating myself, I do like armor option #2. I think it works well.
Sep 24, 2023 8:00 pm
I will leave this open for discussion for the rest of this week then put anonymous polls for each veteran thread on what they want to adopt. Any thread that unanimously approves an optional rule can then begin using it.
[ +- ] Current Proposed Optional Rules
Sep 24, 2023 11:37 pm
Two things:

1) Can we use Critical Success and Critical Failure? The should be used for any roll, so Hit and Miss seems too limiting.

2) I will not be a holdout on the Critical Failure/Miss. If everyone else wants it, I will change my vote.
Sep 25, 2023 12:46 am
Yeah, success/ fail is better
Jan 7, 2024 12:49 pm
Hello there, I seem to maybe have a problem with character creation. I can type something into the Heritage field and the HP field. But I can't select a heritage or traits. Am I missing a step or something?

Hope someone might be able to help?
Jan 7, 2024 2:12 pm
Yeah, it can be a little funky. The character sheet is only made to allow for quick edits like that in its base form. To actually add substatiative items, you will need to enter the base edit mode. To do that, you need to go to the full character page and click the little pencil in the far upper right corner of the screen. This lets you edit the underlying markup text. (I think it's XML.)
Jan 7, 2024 2:19 pm
daryen says:
Yeah, it can be a little funky. The character sheet is only made to allow for quick edits like that in its base form. To actually add substatiative items, you will need to enter the base edit mode. To do that, you need to go to the full character page and click the little pencil in the far upper right corner of the screen. This lets you edit the underlying markup text. (I think it's XML.)
Great thanks, that helped.
Jan 10, 2024 6:41 pm
There are several characters with ranged weapons and a few questions on their use has been brought up

Here are my rules on his I handle ranged weapons.

Basically
Ranged weapons require 2 actions to load and fire. The Rapidshot trait eliminates this so you can load and stack in 1 action.
You can't shoot anyone in melee range. Technically you can use your free maneuver to back up then shoot but if they are grabbing you you cannot attack with your ranged weapon.
Jan 10, 2024 8:33 pm
What in the name of Cthulu is the trait Bubbly? I can sort of figure out what everything else in your sample list does, Psybermagi, but I have no clue what Bubbly would do.
Jan 10, 2024 10:02 pm
Umm, hmmm, (making stuff up on the moment as I totally forgot what that is and why it is on the list) it is for snail-folk and allows them to create bubbles with their mucus to stay underwater for a very long time. Yeah that's it ๐Ÿค”
Jan 10, 2024 10:14 pm
Psybermagi says:
Umm, hmmm, (making stuff up on the moment as I totally forgot what that is and why it is on the list) it is for snail-folk and allows them to create bubbles with their mucus to stay underwater for a very long time. Yeah that's it ๐Ÿค”
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Not disappointed
Last edited January 10, 2024 10:14 pm
Jan 22, 2024 7:18 am
Quote:
Not sure how many arrows I spent in this battle. Can I get any of them back?
We do not bother tracking ammunition in this game. So if you have a ranged weapon then just keep some ammunition and you are good.
Quote:
I am not sure how to add traits (or anything else for that matter) to my character sheet.
https://i.imgur.com/SFWhKEz.png
The character sheet has easily editable form fields (underlined text). Simply click on the text over this and it turns into an text edit box. The sections with a header and quill icon can be edited by clicking on the quill. In traits to add a new one just start a new line with the # symbole, enter a short title, and everything below that line until the next new line with a # will be compressed under the title. See the traits section for examples.
Jan 22, 2024 1:37 pm
Bunt says:
What in the name of Cthulu is the trait Bubbly?
I forgot where this had been asked. I answered it elsewhere, but just to make sure it is touched on where the question actually is, I'll give a quick answer here.

Bubbly is basically the same as Charismatic. I.e., you have a "bubbly personality".
Jan 22, 2024 2:16 pm
The first time I read it, it felt like it was something in that direction, yes

Then Psibermagi made something on the spot about a breathing-underwater trait, lol
Jan 22, 2024 2:37 pm
I do not have any Zine but did find that list way back when to populate my basic list as names only. So yeah I pulled that out of a hat :)
Jan 22, 2024 2:50 pm
The only reason I have all of the Compendiums is because they ran a Tiny D6 $1 sale around a year ago and I bought everything I didn't already have at the time. So now I can mine through them. ๐Ÿ™‚
Jan 23, 2024 9:41 pm
We the non-veteran players don't need to keep track of xp yet, do we?
Jan 23, 2024 9:45 pm
Check your character sheet - you should have 1xp
Jan 23, 2024 9:48 pm
I take the opportunity to ask: is Oliver's character sheet visible to you?
Jan 23, 2024 9:57 pm
Ander has been involved in a couple combats now, so he might have enough to pay attention to it. Oliver, Ishzu, and Grin likely do not have enough XP yet to worry about. But it doesn't take long to accumulate, so don't lose heart!

As for seeing the character sheets, I think the way it works is this. Go to the top toolbar for the website, and find "Characters". Select it and then select "All Characters". This will list all characters you have created on Gamers Plane. The top section is the list of characters. To the far right of this list are four icons: a gear, a pencil, a rectangle thing, and an X. Most likely your rectangle thing is gray. Click it to make it red like the other items. When you do that, everyone should be able to see the sheet.

EDIT: The only characters I can see are Blornvid and Ishzu. I can't see anyone else's.
Last edited January 23, 2024 10:00 pm
Jan 23, 2024 10:05 pm
You devil wizard you. That did the trick. There were TWO Olivers and only one was visible in the quick-selection (the wrong one). I've been accessing my character by clicking Oliver's picture in the chat all the time.

Not anymore :)

You should be able to see Oliver now
Jan 23, 2024 10:27 pm
Cool! I can see yours. When I select the little book icon in my character page it doesnโ€™t stay red. It turns grey after a second
Last edited January 23, 2024 10:28 pm
Jan 23, 2024 10:29 pm
OK, that's weird. I have no idea what that even means. Maybe when Psybermagi gets back he might know.
Jan 23, 2024 10:35 pm
I can see all, as can all DM for characters in their games, others should only be visible if shared
Everyone ( except the two still on their intro tour Lord_Morane,ChrSch ) should be tracking XP
Jan 23, 2024 10:40 pm
Oh, might be working now!
Jan 23, 2024 10:49 pm
Psybermagi says:
I can see all, as can all DM for characters in their games, others should only be visible if shared
Everyone ( except the two still on their intro tour Lord_Morane,ChrSch ) should be tracking XP
Alright, understood. Two quick questions:
Tracking xp means for practical purposes adding +1 after every battle and after milestones that you indicate, correct?
Also: our first battle for this purpose was the darkmantles&Groper fight, correct?
Jan 24, 2024 12:44 am
If you add your character to the library, they become visible to all. That grey icon Thunder_Lungz circled is the library icon. It will turn red once that character is added.
Jan 26, 2024 4:06 pm
Quote:
Am I good to spend experience as I see fit or do we need to go back to town and do it within the story?
Anyone who had their character sheet have a trait and/or weapon mastery marked TBD can fill it in and use it immediately.
Normally you can only spend XP in down time, while staying in a safe and secure location, of at least 1 day. I believe the Underdark group will spend a day at the base and the Manor group will spend a day there. As for the Eldergrove party they will have to wait until after their current adventure. I may make exceptions, but don't plan on it. That's why they are called EXCEPTIONS
Jan 26, 2024 4:22 pm
Quote:
How much/many of XXXX do I have
I am not tracking exact numbers, or exact wealth. I am hand waving a bunch of day to day expenses that assumes you maintain gear and supplies. Just list reasonable amounts and use that number if it is critical.
Ex:
ammunition - have some in you gear but you never run out.
Food & Water - have some but unless you are away from supplies for more than 1 day it is not going to be tracked.
Healing kit - have one to use it but it is not used up unless I say so and I should give a reason
potions & other consumable magic - ALWAYS TRACKED
Feb 28, 2024 6:38 pm
Announcement
First off I would like to thank everyone for working with my to build this world and the stories in it. It has been fun to do. That said I do wish to keep this game going for newcomers to GamerPlane, role playing, play by post, and TinyD6. We have accumulated enough players that it is getting a difficult to manage all the stories. With that in mind I have reached out and gotten a couple offers of help from other GM to help out. This wil hopefully not be too great an impact on everyone's games.

The proposed changes to the game are as follows

1. Co-DM will be assisting with some of the stories in this game. This includes both newcomers and ongoing stories. I will still be managing the game overall but some of the stories will be managed by others. These stories will continue without interruption.

2. A GM has offered to help run an expansion of this game and will be taking some veteran players into his own game. The specifics of this are being worked out but he has already been looking over setting content and stories and sees no problem with this. I played a Tiny Dungeon game with him and feel he will be able to offer a great gaming experience to those who migrate to his game.

3. Veteran players will be asked to migrate as needed to make room for newcomer as per the original intent of the game.

We are asking for volunteers with veteran characters willing to migrate to the veteran game to please contact me via PM or post in you personal character thread.
Feb 28, 2024 7:17 pm
Sounds great! Love your world and what you are doing to support new players!
Feb 28, 2024 7:51 pm
I love how this is evolving. Sounds great
Feb 28, 2024 10:04 pm
That sounds fair. I've thoroughly enjoyed the gaming experience you've provided, Psybermagi. "Tiny Shattered Lands" was my first game here on GP, and now that I'm coming up on my first year GP anniversary, I'll understand if my thread is slated to be migrated.
Mar 11, 2024 3:04 pm
Quote:
How can I share my character so others can see it?
daryen says:
Here's what I was talking about in pictures.

So, the first thing is to go to the top toolbar and pick "Characters" -> "All characters". This is highlighted by the purple arrow. You have to select "All characters".
https://i.imgur.com/j15eAcC.png

You should then see the following image. The icons I am talking about are circled in purple. Whatever you do, don't click the big red X.
https://i.imgur.com/39HdpHU.png

I hope that helps explain it!

And thank you for trying!
Apr 22, 2024 12:02 pm
Quote:
As veteran, how did the XP points work to buy traits?
Characters advance after the introductory session to become a "Novice" gaining weapon mastery or a trait. After another short time they will advance to "Veterans" and gain whichever of mastery or trait they did not pick.

As Veterans begin gaining experience points that can be used to enhance their character as follows.
Exp Cost
6 +1 permanent HP
8 +1 Proficient or Mastered Weapon.
10 +1 Trait

Experience is generally awarded for the group as a whole as follows:
+1 for good roleplay.
+1 for defeating enemies (encounters, not per enemy).
+1 for overcoming challenges
+1 for advancing the plot and their goals.
Advanced Rules for Veterans

Critical Success :
Any time two or more 6's are roll rolled on any test the results exceed basic results. Damage is increased or another beneficial effect will be added by the GM.
May 15, 2024 5:10 pm
I was checking the traits... do we happen to have a bit more detail on the difference between Psionics and Psychic?
May 15, 2024 5:19 pm
Psionic = minor telekinesis and telepathy

Psychic= Clairvoyant, sense future, destiny, fate. This is a homebrew. I've had a couple variants I would need to look up and consolidate before bringing it back
May 15, 2024 5:50 pm
Thanks!!
May 17, 2024 2:31 pm
Just to clarify:
Quote:
As veteran adventurers you can develop your racial abilities higher than most. You may pick a 2nd heritage ability.
Does this mean that we have the option of choosing another heritage trait once we reach Veteran? Or when we reach veteran, we automatically gain a second heritage trait?
May 17, 2024 3:24 pm
I will clarify that post in a bit.
May 17, 2024 3:40 pm
Thanks! No rush!
May 17, 2024 3:55 pm
Thunder_Lungz says:
Just to clarify:
Quote:
As veteran adventurers you can develop your racial abilities higher than most. You may pick a 2nd heritage ability.
Does this mean that we have the option of choosing another heritage trait once we reach Veteran? Or when we reach veteran, we automatically gain a second heritage trait?
As a veteran you can use XP to gain a 2nd heritage trait that doesn't count towards your trait max count

So no it is not automatic or free
May 17, 2024 8:38 pm
Oh, but it doesn't count as a Trait selection? OK, that makes the second Human Heritage Trait go from pointless to extremely useful! Good to know!
May 17, 2024 8:57 pm
Totally agree: Good to know!!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.