wanting for a great first person shooter

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 15, 2016 9:55 pm
Hey guys, So i'm searching for a good first person shooter video game, I have seen a couple on youtube videos, but i'd personally rather like to ask here to get other thoughts.
Jul 15, 2016 10:42 pm
The big deal right now is Overwatch. Overwatch is a lot of fun. I don't like FPS and I like Overwatch.

I know some folks are really into Rainbow Six: Siege, which is also strongly team-based and kinda F2P-like with classes and perks? I'm honestly not super sure.

If you want to wait for a bit, Titanfall 2 is looking excited and that's... October?
Jul 15, 2016 10:47 pm
Killing Floor and Killing Floor 2. I'm not a big FPS fan either, but the whole co-op side of the game (your team vs. CPU "specimens"... no, no, no, they're not zombies!) really appeals to me.
Jul 18, 2016 6:24 pm
I think it depends on whether your looking for single player or multiplayer.

On multiplayer, I'm with DJ - Overwatch is the shiznit right now, and while it's not anything terribly revolutionary it is very nicely put together and has a lot of the little bits that make it more fun (e.g. if you have a couple of good kills a nearby friendly character will say something nice to you without player input). Very nice atmosphere and gameplay.

On single player, I don't have any good suggestions. Been too long.
Jul 18, 2016 6:27 pm
Overwatch is probably the most fun I've had with an FPS in many, many years
Jul 18, 2016 6:28 pm
Oh right, apparently the campaign of the new Doom has GotY written all over that if you like that kinda thing.
Jul 18, 2016 7:08 pm
The FPS's I tend to play usually diverge from the genre a bit. For example, I love Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, but it is not the typical FPS run and gun game. You die within a few seconds of being out in fire, so it is usually better to take levels slower and constantly hide behind cover.
I also play Duke Nukem 3D quite a bit, it's not the greatest FPS, but its amazing all the same... for other reasons.
Jul 25, 2016 10:32 pm
For single player, I recommend DOOM and the entire Bioshock series. While not a shooter per se, Dishonored is a first person stealth game that is a real work of art.

As for multiplayer...TF2? Multiplayer's never been my thing, really. Overwatch looks cool but I can't honestly testify to if it's good.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.