GP hits 9 years old!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 3, 2022 4:06 am
Yesterday was Gamers' Plane 9th anniversary of launch! I noticed yesterday, but work kept me busy and then I had my first live RPG session in over 10 years (not counting cons) and didn't have time when I got home. And then I nearly forgot today. So... yah.

This last year has been pretty amazing. We had our first long term co-developers in Adam and vagueGM. The former helping us get a TON of new features up. We also got the new server up, running, and moved over to, and it wouldn't have happened as smoothly without vague, who also helped me fix a bunch of email issues. Though we're not positive why, we had a record number of users join in one day recently, with over 200 new signups, most of which I think are legit.

I want to thank every one of you for helping me take this site to new heights. The moderator team has helped me handle so much of the day to day, I feel far less stressed about my lack of activity and focus on development. The success of the site and the community has very little to do with me, and mostly thanks to you all, both those active now and those active before. I thank you for everything. I know many of you don't even recognize my name, I'm sure, and that's on me to fix, but for now, here are some numbers from the past year:

- 3522 new signups, of which 2234 activated their accounts (the remaining 1300 are just missing out)
- 516 games created
- 3824 characters created
- 214,088 posts among 4443 threads

As always, let me know if there are any other stats of interest. While I still need to figure out my stupid Linux issue preventing me from using easy tools to connect to the database, I'll put together what numbers I can, heh.

Here's to another great year, and lets see if I can't get off my ass and get v2 done before the big 1-0.
Dec 3, 2022 6:43 am
Happy birthday, GP!
Dec 3, 2022 7:02 am
Happy birthday, GP
Keleth says:
As always, let me know if there are any other stats of interest.
How about you let me know, and I'll make some graphics
Dec 3, 2022 7:13 am
Keleth says:
... stupid Linux issue preventing me from using easy tools to connect to the database ...
What's this then? And who are you calling 'stupid linux...'? :)
Dec 3, 2022 9:11 am
Woot! Woot! Woot!
This is an amazing place, it's no wonder more and more players keep joining. Not only it works incredibly well, it is also frequented by great people.

Many thanks for starting this, and for keeping it so fun and safe for all users!
Dec 3, 2022 11:07 am
Congrats Keleth and the Gamers Plane community! We're just getting started!
Dec 3, 2022 11:47 am
Woohoo!
This place is and will continue to be Awesome. Thank you Keleth and our admins for everything you do to make GP work.
Dec 3, 2022 2:49 pm
Happy birthday anniversary GP!
Dec 3, 2022 2:52 pm
Happy Birthday GP, and thanks so much for all you do, Keleth. Would love to see more stats, rune!
Dec 3, 2022 3:13 pm
Happy Birthday, GP!
Dec 3, 2022 9:14 pm
Thank you, Keleth, and happy anniversary for GP! I'm very grateful to be here and to have such a wonderful suite of tools to game with.
Dec 3, 2022 10:28 pm
Happy birthday to GP. Thank you for this great site.
Dec 3, 2022 11:05 pm
Thank you all admins and developers! This is a wonderful anniversary.
Dec 3, 2022 11:15 pm
Happy birthday, GP! :D
Dec 3, 2022 11:31 pm
Happy birthday, GP! Thanks to everyone who works on the site and all the other stuff people do that makes it a great place to play.
Dec 4, 2022 12:33 am
Happy birthday, GP! Joined all the way back in June of this year and it’s been such a wonderful time! I’m glad to have met many of you! Here’s to another year!
Dec 4, 2022 3:55 am
πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
Dec 4, 2022 11:03 am
Happy birthday Gamersplane! Top site for play by post game!
Dec 4, 2022 1:41 pm
Eyyy, congrats to everyone who worked on this
Dec 5, 2022 7:12 am
Dr_B says:
Woot! Woot! Woot!
This is an amazing place, it's no wonder more and more players keep joining. Not only it works incredibly well, it is also frequented by great people.
+1 to this!!

Happy Anniversary!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.