Issue 1

load previous

Ooglieboosh

nezzeraj

Mar 2, 2023 1:55 pm
Ooglieboosh
"I'm glad you all made it back alive." Standing in the doorway of Cactusbottom Cafe is Oogliebush. He is carrying a red synthweave sack filled with some bulging items. He trudges over to you and sets it down with a clanking sound. "Only two of you gave me specific instructions. Sorry, can't do ship modifications to that scale, so you can let me know if you'd like something else. But here we are," he says as he reaches into the sack. First he pulls out a colorful machine that you don't realize at first is a jetpack. He hands this over to the rookie.
https://i.imgur.com/Lwqgkd5.png
Next he just hands over the back to Heavy. "It seemed like you wanted this discrete so I didn't want to let it out of the bag, if you know what I mean." Peering in the bag reveals
nezzeraj sent a note to KCC
"As for everyone else, if you have requests, now's your last chance."
Mar 2, 2023 2:51 pm
Upon seeing their recent employer, Ptalia eagerly jumps at the opportunity for upgraded gear. "Well, Ooglieboosh, my goggles help me shoot when I'm flying the old fashioned way. But it's recently occurred to me that I can't shoot something, if I can't see it. Can I get upgraded goggles with infrared, ultraviolet, and night vision options?"
Mar 2, 2023 3:40 pm
Stanley had his head down in the booth, carefully screwing a new pair of lenses into his own goggles. "All I need is about a kilometer of unbroken, quark-scale strangeofiber." He lifted the lens up to watch the light pass through it, carefully adjusting it, a satisfied smile curling up his cheeks as the heads-up display sprang to life again.

"That should let me scale down the Meson Tunneller from laboratory to field." He looked around at the blank stares. "You know, the thing I've been working on? For years now? The steady state pseudointeractive bond-stable boson phasing field?" He waited another beat.

His eyebrow twitched. He put one hand on it. "The 'Walk-through-walls' gun?"
Mar 2, 2023 3:56 pm
Ptalia stops staring blankly for a moment to reply; "Is this cork-blossom-phrase-gun work the reason you haven't fixed the landing gear yet?"
Mar 2, 2023 4:18 pm
"Science waits for no dinosaur! If they wanted a mechanic, they should have hired someone with fewer published papers."

KCC

Mar 3, 2023 10:08 am
Heavy gives a knowing nod and then a wink to the inventor.

"Exactly. Let’s keep this between…" he says, as he opens the bag to check the contents. He makes a sound then. A light, tinny, odd sound for a Kosmosaur so big.

"Oigh!!"

"Hello!" he chimes then, before greedily placing two hands into the bag to scoop up what’s inside.

"Hello! Hello! Hello! Look at you!" he boasts, lifting the prize up to show the others!

https://i.imgur.com/KXfPCpL.jpg
Mar 3, 2023 11:19 am
Frank gets back with a pile of snacks in the form of candy bars. He drops them on the table and returns Heavy's card and turns to Ooglieboosh. "Oh no, I didn't know you were here or I'd have gotten you some bars too, Ooglieboosh."

When he's handed the jetpack, Frank is over the moon! "Holy meteor shower!!! My very own jetpack. I can't wait to try it out." He turns it around and looks at it from all angles. Then tries it on his back to see how it fits.

"Is that a robocat?!?" He exclaims seeing Heavy's 'prize'. "That is amazing! Can it do tricks?"

Ooglieboosh

nezzeraj

Mar 3, 2023 1:07 pm
nezzeraj sent a note to GreyGriffin
Ooglieboosh
"Oh sure, no problem. In fact I think I have a spare in my vehicle. One second." He leaves the cafe and comes back a few minutes later carrying a hardcase the size of a loaf of bread. "Yeah a coworker got me a set of the new Mk. VIs but I kept these old Mk. IIIs lying around as a spare. All yours now!"

Opening the case reveals a pair of slightly used but a definite upgraded for Ptalia pair of goggles.

https://i.imgur.com/VCDz1Ox.jpg
Mar 3, 2023 4:55 pm
Ptalia practically sings "Thank you!" Then tries on the goggles, playing with the settings, and testing that it works with her blaster pistol.
Last edited March 4, 2023 2:45 am
Mar 4, 2023 2:40 am
Ptalia finds the left knob controls the infrared, while the right knob activates ultraviolet. Ooglieboosh explains that nightvision mode activates automatically at a light threshold.
Mar 4, 2023 3:23 am
"still just good ol fashion cash for me."

Ooglieboosh

nezzeraj

Mar 4, 2023 5:00 am
Ooglieboosh
Ooglie shrugs and pulls out a computer terminal that looks like to pens stuck together. He pulls them apart and and a clear film unrolls between them, hardening into a crystal screen. It powers up and begins glowing with writing and symbols. "I'm guessing you'll want that in dinodollars? Here, a transfer of five thousand dinodollars. Handprint here, please." He indicates a blue ring in the center of his display screen.

KCC

Mar 4, 2023 8:27 am
"Hey!" Heavy whines, not taking his eyes off the cat!

"Why did I give Rook my card, if you’re the one with all the cash?"

And then he looks to the new guy!

"You better believe it! Custom-made! More than enough pay for punching that dumb whale in the mouth!" he says, with a nasty chuckle.
Mar 4, 2023 4:56 pm
Ptalia is looking around through the goggles like a hatchling with a new VR set. As she is taking in all the patrons, and decor, and plants with new eyes she says "Guys, there is a lot to see in the ultraviolet spectrum"
Mar 5, 2023 4:25 pm
"Careful with that, Ptalia." Frank adds "You may see things you wish you hadn't." He chuckles.
Mar 6, 2023 11:45 am
OOC:
We'll go ahead and wrap up this first adventure! Feel free to post any last character interactions, quips, catchphrases, etc. I'll open a new thread for the next adventure later this week, hopefully by Friday.
Mar 6, 2023 12:07 pm
[ +- ] OOC

You do not have permission to post in this thread.