Need 5 players to practice run my GenCon game

Jul 21, 2016 3:07 am
I'll be running a Deadlands Classic module at GenCon. It'll be the first time I'm running a game at a con, and I haven't run this module before (just played it). I'm looking for 5 players who'd like to join me via VOIP (having a webcam strongly preferred). We'll run this like a con game: 4 hours, a short break or two, I'll have the character sheets for you to pick from, and I'll explain how the game plays. Mainly, I wanna just make sure I have a hang of the timing to see if I need to cut any scenes or make any scene longer. I'll probably run it with 1-2 of the more minor scenes left out; I figure makes more sense to try running it short, then expand if necessary.

So if you're willing, I'll be running the game this Sunday (June 24th), 3PM EST to 7PM EST. I'll actually consider the game to have a hard cut off at 7, though if you want to hang around and give me feedback, I'd welcome it. I'm aiming to make the gameplay 2.5 hours total, leaving half an hour for breaks, half an hour to explain rules, and half an hour for slowdowns of whatever kind.
Jul 21, 2016 3:30 am
That sounds great. New to Deadlands, but I'd definitely be interested.
Jul 21, 2016 3:47 am
Whether you know the game or not, the setting or not, no big deal! I'll be teaching it, just as I will at the con.
Jul 21, 2016 4:28 am
I was kind of hoping you'd say that. :-)

It'll be good practice for me as well. AcadeCon in November will be my first gaming con and the first time gaming with folks I don't know personally.
Jul 21, 2016 11:25 am
origamisamurai says:
I was kind of hoping you'd say that. :-)

It'll be good practice for me as well. AcadeCon in November will be my first gaming con and the first time gaming with folks I don't know personally.
That's exciting! It's weird at first, for sure, but I've found most people at cons, specially smaller ones like AcadeCon, are pretty chill.
Jul 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Ooooooh i would love to but i am usually away from my house on sunday.
Jul 21, 2016 2:10 pm
I wish I could participate but that's 3-7am for me. I'll either be asleep or working. Best of luck at GenCon!
Jul 21, 2016 3:11 pm
I would love to participate. My IRL troupe has Deadlands on our rotation, but I've never played yet. Count me in!
Jul 21, 2016 4:49 pm
Looks like I have to reschedule some timings here... Sunday evening has been occupied, so maybe 1-5 on Sunday? Or if Saturday isn't too crappy, 8PM to 12AM on Saturday? Otherwise, the following weekend.
Jul 21, 2016 4:59 pm
Works for me. Is Classic Deadlands the one that uses/originated Savage Worlds? I think I've got the PDF for that one somewhere.
Jul 21, 2016 4:59 pm
Well if my star Wars game gets rescheduled i might be about to play this Saturday.
Jul 21, 2016 5:12 pm
origamisamurai says:
Works for me. Is Classic Deadlands the one that uses/originated Savage Worlds? I think I've got the PDF for that one somewhere.
It doesn't quite use Savage Worlds, though it's similar. I don't know the exact timelines, but I believe it predated.
Jul 21, 2016 5:13 pm
Ideally, I'd like to get 5 players, though I can work with 4 and build in some time in the RL game for a 5th (I have 5 players showing up).
Jul 21, 2016 5:16 pm
This coming works for me, any of the proposed times, but the following weekend wouldn't.
Jul 25, 2016 5:25 pm
I was sick this weekend; sorry for the lack of updates. Given the short time, I'm setting Sunday, July 31st, 3pm ET to 7pm ET. Please let me know if you can join. Sorry Qralloq :( I'll look into running a game here on GP or doing another live game so you can join in.
Jul 25, 2016 5:56 pm
No problem, best of luck with it and with the GenCon game whoop whoop!
Jul 26, 2016 4:55 pm
Still super excited about the chance to try out Deadlands.
Jul 28, 2016 6:30 am
Hey, can I join? I'm looking at checking out some other RPGs.
Jul 28, 2016 6:42 am
I think you're player number 2. Know anybody else who's available?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.