Hello, world!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 28, 2022 11:57 pm
A skeleton rises from its grave, new to this world and ready to explore.

Hi all.
I am new to roleplaying and not sure what type of game will be best for me but i am ready to learn.
I am brought here by a 9 month old video featuring Harrigan.

Now let us see how long it takes before someone finds the meaning of my username.
Dec 29, 2022 12:47 am
Welcome Sterfteerst. Hopefully you're not the first to die in your first campaign.
Dec 29, 2022 12:53 am
Dust off those bones, Sterfteerst, and welcome to the GP community!

If you're new to roleplaying games, is there something that attracts you to the hobby? Novels, movies of a certain types, perhaps actual play videos... if you let the crew there know what interests you, we can point you in the right direction for getting into a game.
Dec 29, 2022 1:08 am
Welcome!
Dec 29, 2022 1:12 am
Welcome Sterfteerst! No gonna lie, I'm intrigued by the username mystery! What video did you watch with Harrigan? I've never seen these guys outside the forum and I'd love to check it out.

Google points me to a book by Pieter Witkamp for the name...
Last edited December 29, 2022 1:14 am
Dec 29, 2022 1:47 am
Qralloq says:
Welcome Sterfteerst. Hopefully you're not the first to die in your first campaign.
That was faster than expected lol. We will see. as long as it adds to the story i am fine with it.
Harrigan says:
Dust off those bones, Sterfteerst, and welcome to the GP community!

If you're new to roleplaying games, is there something that attracts you to the hobby? Novels, movies of a certain types, perhaps actual play videos... if you let the crew there know what interests you, we can point you in the right direction for getting into a game.
I am attracted by the freedom in how to do things as a character and to create stories.
In general I am more attracted to grimdark and dark fantasy settings and moral ambiguity in characters.
Dec 29, 2022 1:53 am
dominion451 says:
Welcome Sterfteerst! No gonna lie, I'm intrigued by the username mystery! What video did you watch with Harrigan? I've never seen these guys outside the forum and I'd love to check it out.

Google points me to a book by Pieter Witkamp for the name...
It was "guide to playing rpgs using play by post" by how 2 rpg.

As for the name, it is far simpler than a book...
Dec 29, 2022 2:42 am
Welcome to the site!
Dec 29, 2022 3:13 am
Welcome, mysterious username haver!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Dec 29, 2022 3:42 am
Welcome Aboard!
Dec 29, 2022 5:03 am
Welcome!
Dec 29, 2022 6:05 am
Quote:
I am attracted by the freedom in how to do things as a character and to create stories.
In general I am more attracted to grimdark and dark fantasy settings and moral ambiguity in characters.
Keep your eyes peeled for people advertising / recruiting for games like Shadow of the Demon Lord, Warhammer, Warlock!, ZWEIHÄNDER, 5th Edition D&D in the Midnight setting, and (oh please oh please) Band of Blades. OSR (Old School Revival / Renaissance) games can also lean that way, but just as often they're just dungeon-delvers or are more focused on gonzo / weird fantasy.
Last edited December 29, 2022 6:06 am
Dec 30, 2022 9:09 am
Welcome :)
Jan 2, 2023 6:35 pm
Quote:
Now let us see how long it takes before someone finds the meaning of my username
Are you going to resolve the mystery? 😄
Jan 2, 2023 9:03 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
Now let us see how long it takes before someone finds the meaning of my username
Are you going to resolve the mystery? 😄
[ +- ] Since I am 87% sure Qralloq already guessed it, I will.
Jan 2, 2023 9:07 pm
Oh, clever. I should have thought of something like that. Neat!
Jan 2, 2023 9:46 pm
Welcome to GP, Sterfteerst!

Len

Jan 3, 2023 5:34 am
Welcome to the community, Sterfteerst! Clever username :D

You do not have permission to post in this thread.