Ch. 3 Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Undead oh my!

load previous
Feb 24, 2023 8:32 pm
The sprits ravage the party and Qindon, Nash, and Klim fall to the ground and are left for dead. Jax is nearly knocked over but he manages to barely maintain his feet as the other orcs all push past him. Jax is left alone with his fallen comrades as his captors flee the arrows of the grippli
Feb 24, 2023 8:42 pm
orc
as Stryker continues taunting the fleeing orcs, the one left behind charges his voice ax whistling through the air, only to find noting to strike
The other orcs continue to flee and the swirling spirits fade as a bolt of lightning lances from the sky to strike at the grippli.

grippli
The grippli, with the threat of the orcish lightning all fade into the grass and trees but an occasional arrow sails towards the orcs and keeps them moving as lightning falls towards where the arrows originate.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Feb 24, 2023 8:45 pm
Round:4
PC HP% PC HP%
Nash 00 Quindon 00
Jax 30 Klim 00
Larynda 10 Stryker 100
NPC AC HP 1 HP 2 HP 3 HP 4
Orc 13 3/4 2/4 1/4 3/4
Grippli 13 4/4 4/4 4/4 3/4
Shaman 16 4/4 1/4 1/4 1/4
Red Fang 18 4/4 4/4 0/4 0/4
[ +- ] Status Tracker
OOC:
Critical Hits : I like critical hits to be truelly impressive so any critical hit does MAXIMUM damage plus the result of the dice roll. Ex : Crit 2d6+3 = 12 + 3 + roll(3,5) = 23
The orcs continue running
4 grippli are harassing them with arrows but focusing on avoiding lightning which already killed one of them
3 gripply are moving with the mudberries to the fallen party members
Stryker is fending of an enraged orc
Feb 24, 2023 8:49 pm
OOC-Thought Styker was hidden with the Grippli until he made his move? He should have teleported onto the remaing orc from his hidden position? The taunting was from the Minor Illusion that I had cast a distance away from me - I wanted to remain hidden for as long as possible.
Feb 24, 2023 8:53 pm
[ +- ] Stryker
Feb 24, 2023 9:26 pm
Stryker was hiding and also had pass without trace active still saw me? Base stealth is +9 Pass without trace is +10 so my minimum hiding would have been a 20. Also if he was rushing towards the source of the voice that would have been across the road and not from my position.
Feb 24, 2023 9:51 pm
[ +- ] Stryker
Feb 24, 2023 10:25 pm
OOC:
Did the orcs drop our stuff during the fracas?
Feb 24, 2023 10:25 pm
I cast minor illusion
[ +- ] Minor Illusion (ill+1act@30'=1min*SM)
Feb 24, 2023 10:28 pm
[ +- ] Stryker
Feb 24, 2023 10:34 pm
OOC:
missed that, updating posts. orc is thoroughly confused then
Feb 24, 2023 10:39 pm
Lol no worries m8!
Feb 24, 2023 11:35 pm
Much of the parties basic supplies were dumped in the Remnant. All weapons, armor, and magic was removed (save Jax's Eyes of the Eagle. They are not explicitly described as contact lenses but that is how I picture them. So they got missed.) The captives were stripped to their under cloths. Anything not dumped was distributed in the orcs packs. Currently there is 1 orc down, 1 got drawn in by Strykers taunts, and the others are fleeing with multiple wounded.
Feb 24, 2023 11:44 pm
Stryker steps into the shadow void and an instant later appears next to the enemy. Thrusting with his spear he intends make sure this orc never harms another bright eye.

Corrections to Spear Damage - Wielded 2-handed!
Last edited February 24, 2023 11:48 pm

Rolls

Stryker: Spear (Dedicated Weapon) to hit (advantage) - (2d20H1+6)

(1617) + 6 = 23

Stryker: Spear (Dedicated Weapon) damage - (1d6+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Stryker: Spear (Dedicated Weapon) to hit - (1d20+6)

(16) + 6 = 22

Stryker: Spear (Dedicated Weapon) damage - (1d6+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

#1 Spear 2 handed - (1d8+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

#2 Spear 2 handed - (1d8+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Feb 24, 2023 11:55 pm
The lagging orc falls to Strykers savage twirling spears strikes.
Feb 24, 2023 11:55 pm
The lagging orc falls to Strykers savage twirling spears strikes.
Feb 25, 2023 12:01 am
grippli
After ensuring the Orcs are well on their way a grippli returns carrying another of their member that had been struck by the orc shaman's lightning and barely clinging to life.

Meanwhile the grippli applied the mudberries to the fallen party members and the magics stabilize them and after a few moment they wake with a sense of relief. The little frogmen help the party member get to their feet and quickly strip the two dead orcs of everything.

We best leave soon. They will reach the other Remnant and return in force. the grippli say anxiously. Though triumphant under the leadership of Stryker the grippli still dislike this fighting and are anxious to return to their swamp as quickly as possible.

The mud drake moves in and hauls the three weakened party members onto its back.

From the trees to Larynda watches the battle unfold. As least everyone was recovered.

Rolls

hit points healed to Klim, Nash, Quindon - (1d4+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Feb 25, 2023 12:31 am
The immediate threat eliminated, Stryker rushes to the aid of the badly wounded Grippli before working on the heroes.

Tipping his hat and looking at Jax, "Nice to meet you. My names Stryker.
OOC:
Healing Kits used on everyone – Grippli, Scout/Heroes 1d6+4+HD - Ive rolled for your healing but did not include your level/hd.

Rolls

Nash Healing Kit - (1d6+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Quindon Healing Kit - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Klim Healing Kit - (1d6+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Jax Healing Kit - (1d6+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Feb 25, 2023 2:30 am
Jax looks to Stryker with a thankful nod. I am Jax. I appreciate the well executed rescue. I’ll be sure to save you in return, whenever the time may come. Jax offers him a handshake before moving to help with the other, more critically injured, members of the group.
OOC:
If they got our weapons and whatnot, did they also take Jax’s empty scabbard?
Last edited February 25, 2023 2:32 am
Feb 25, 2023 2:37 am
Once he’s awake again, Klim coughs up some blood before struggling to his feet. Gods, I’ve been getting captured too much lately. He turns to Stryker and the grippli. He goes to remove his helm in a respectful manner, but recalling it was taken he simply offers a quick bow. One more reason to love the grippli. And I may love you too, tough guy. I owe you for saving my friends here. He winks and flashes a bloody smile towards his saviors.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.