New here and looking to play some games

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 1, 2023 3:09 pm
Howdy all,

I'm a middle-aged guy living in the Pacific Northwest of the US and have been a gamer (of various activity levels) since the early 1990's. I've not played much in person or online since about 2018 due to a variety of life factors (career, family stuff, other hobbies, etc.). But as with all things, changes happen, and I now find myself really wanting to play and with more free time to do so. I figured I would ease back into things by joining a few play-by-post games. I found this website by doing a Google search. I have joined a couple other sites as well (rpg.net and tavern-keeper.com) using the same username as I'm using on this website.

Anyway, I'm hoping to find some games to play and share in creating some tall tales.

Jambalaya
Jan 1, 2023 3:24 pm
Welcome Aboard!

You're just in time for a lot of new games to kick-off now that the holidays are coming to a close. I'd recommend jumping into the GamersPlane DISCORD to chat with the community. We're a diverse and overall friendly lot. I'll dig up the greeting links for you if Bowlofspinach doesn't beat me to it.
Jan 1, 2023 3:26 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome!

I like duet games, but I don't really play much high fantasy anymore. If you feel like it, send me some of your non-fantasy ideas and I'll see if there is something there I might be up for running.

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 1, 2023 3:44 pm
Welcome to GP, Jambalaya!
Jan 1, 2023 3:55 pm
Welcome Jambalaya!
I saw you jumped right into applying for some games so I'm sure you'll find something great quickly!
Jan 1, 2023 4:30 pm
Welcome Jambalaya, hope you find some great games to join.
Jan 1, 2023 5:01 pm
Welcome! Hope you’ll enjoy your stay
Jan 1, 2023 7:51 pm
Welcome to the community, Jambalaya!

Len

Jan 3, 2023 5:28 am
Welcome to the community, Jambalaya!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.