OOC Discussion

Jan 1, 2023 10:26 pm
Table talk, basically. Where we can move the conversation out of threads if needed.
Jan 3, 2023 12:07 am
Sounds good and happy to be aboard. Is it just me for right now?
Jan 4, 2023 12:33 am
Greetings! Last I checked the others are still pondering their oracle results. I suspect things will move along once folks catch up from the holidays.
Jan 5, 2023 9:55 pm
Hey Everyone! Excited to join the group!
Jan 5, 2023 10:11 pm
@Verrain I considered using some of the people and places that you introduced in your post as part of the airship conspiracy, but decided to keep them separate initially so I didn't step on toes. But I'm definitely open to weaving some of the mysteries/intrigue together so that there's more potential for interaction if that's something you'd be interested in since merchant conspiracies threatening civil war are similar themes from our oracles.
Jan 5, 2023 10:19 pm
Greetings, Charl and welcome!
Jan 5, 2023 11:35 pm
I am perfectly fine with tying our scenarios together with the warring merchant states. Though I should point out that we are not bound by our initial oracle for the main game. I really like my scenario with the math school and the merchant war, but I am iffy on playing the constable.
Jan 6, 2023 4:55 pm
Invites sent.
Thank you, all.

I purposely left the Big Picture vague to await everyone's contributions. Big Picture as in one or two sentences that give an overall genre and scope of the universe.

I get a The Princess Bride meets Hayao Miyazaki meets Johnathan Strange & Mr. Norrell meets Diana Wynne Jones vibes from Verrain's and Chalry's work.
Jomsviking's is wildly different and intense, with more of The Black Company, Thousand Fold Thought series energy.

I don't think these can mesh very well.
Jomskviking, what are your thoughts after reading the other oracle interpretations?
Jan 6, 2023 5:00 pm
Also, here's what I was thinking.
We settle on a Big Picture.
We fill out the Microscope Pallete.

THEN, we have several options, that sound fun to me.
We could expand the oracle, by injecting elements from the situations you wrote, then re-roll on the Oracle.
Then each player uses the same oracle set.

OR, each player could roll individually, and work from their own set.

Does that sound like a fair plan?
Any questions?

I'm excited to see what we come up with.
Jan 6, 2023 5:22 pm
How about we choose one element from the Oracle that ties us all into the big picture and then each roll two more?
Jan 6, 2023 5:37 pm
Verrain says:
How about we choose one element from the Oracle that ties us all into the big picture and then each roll two more?
Brilliant! I like that a lot.
Jan 6, 2023 6:40 pm
Verrain says:
Yep, I like that idea too.
Jan 6, 2023 6:47 pm
Although when you say "choose" do you mean randomly choose (i.e. roll) one that ties us all together or do we discuss the ones that interest us the most and then agree on one or vote or randomly select from that subset. I'm happy either way, I just wanted to clarify how we choose the big picture one.
Jan 6, 2023 7:35 pm
I meant for us to choose the common element deliberately rather than randomly. If we have all agreed on the big picture, then there should be an entry in the oracle that matches the core of that big picture.
Jan 6, 2023 7:37 pm
Rabbits says:
Invites sent.
Thank you, all.

I purposely left the Big Picture vague to await everyone's contributions. Big Picture as in one or two sentences that give an overall genre and scope of the universe.

I get a The Princess Bride meets Hayao Miyazaki meets Johnathan Strange & Mr. Norrell meets Diana Wynne Jones vibes from Verrain's and Chalry's work.
Jomsviking's is wildly different and intense, with more of The Black Company, Thousand Fold Thought series energy.

I don't think these can mesh very well.
Jomskviking, what are your thoughts after reading the other oracle interpretations?
Jomsvikings contribution is literally Ripping off Dark souls/Elden Ring because he is a shameless hack.

That hacker
Jan 6, 2023 7:38 pm
Oh, also Charlytharendir-- on the Character Moves, instead of +2 to associated roles, let's try the Advance and Diminish tags.
Quote:
Character Moves can advance or diminish actions.
If the Character Move says to advance the action it means a roll of 6 or less counts as a 7-9. If the Character Move says to diminish the action it means a roll of 10 or more is considered a 7-9.
I like this, as mixed results make things interesting. I've found anything over a +3 on a roll, I'd rather just say a roll is not necessary--I'd just adjust the scope and effectiveness of the character's positioning.

I don't want to get too in the weeds about rules at this point, though. Just something to keep in mind.

Out of curiosity, have any of your played Blades in the Dark?
Jan 6, 2023 7:43 pm
I have not played Blades in the Dark.
Jan 6, 2023 8:20 pm
Quote:
Jomsvikings contribution is literally Ripping off Dark souls/Elden Ring because he is a shameless hack.

That hacker
Jomsvikiking, does the more cozy, adventuresome tone jive with you?
Jan 6, 2023 9:30 pm
Sure thing. I'll edit the character moves to befit a warrior of the light as the tone seems much more final fantasy than anything to me.
Jan 6, 2023 10:21 pm
I would say, just keep the character vibe in mind and we can do a new set of oracles.
But first, Big Picture stuff.... I'll start a post.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.