Hello all!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 5, 2023 8:25 am
I am excited to delve into the world of play by post. I have played various role playing games for over 25 years with a heavy focus on d20 systems. Played a 6 year campaign of dnd 3.5 in the temple of elemental evil so I know 3.5 and subsequently pathfinder 1e, best. I have run games since my second session all those years ago but have only ever had experience with play by post in the 90’s with an old vampire the masquerade forum in the hay day of goth with my old babysitter, ya she rocked!

I have 2 babies under 2 so it is impossible to game these days and I need an outlet. This came up in a very organic way and I just have to try it. I would be very open to any dnd system or the old d20 Star Wars as those would require the least rule reading for me in my limited time. Though limited, it is everyday and in weird times with sleeping babies so I have a phone and time.

My personal goal is to play a very narrative driven game with a few very eclectic characters that break the mold a bit. Not to say I am against a bit of a dungeon crawl, I just won’t play my character the way they are typically played. I am very open to duet if someone wants to show me the ropes.

Honestly, this is so different than I remember. These games are typically, from what I have seen, more closely resembling tabletop play. What I remember and was looking for, was a bit more of an open world forum where you join in as a character and add to the the grand narrative of the ongoing story. Not that any of the change is bad, just not what I was expecting from my 25 years of ignorance to how things change.

Thanks for having such an awesome community just waiting here to be discovered on the o’l inter webs!

Cheers
Ugunther Turundor
Jan 5, 2023 8:39 am
Welcome, Priest_of_Turundor!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 5, 2023 10:02 am
Hello and welcome! I hope you'll have fun on the site
Jan 5, 2023 10:44 am
Welcome!
Jan 5, 2023 11:37 am
Welcome.
Jan 5, 2023 1:14 pm
Welcome Priest_of_Turundor. As you noticed, the goal for many games on a site such as this is to play them in the spirit of the live version of the games. There are advantages and disadvantages of this play by post style, but the main advantages are heavier narrative focuses for the players - you have time to truly describe your thoughts and reactions - and the asynchronous nature - perfect for those of us who want to squeeze our gaming into smaller, irregular bite size chunks.
Jan 5, 2023 1:44 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jan 5, 2023 2:04 pm
Welcome!
Jan 5, 2023 3:04 pm
Welcome to GP, Ugunther Turundor!
Jan 5, 2023 3:43 pm
Welcome Aboard!

I highly recommend joining the GamersPlane DISCORD channel. We don't play via DISCORD but it's a really good way to get to know the community, ask questions, give opinions, etc.
Jan 5, 2023 5:37 pm
Welcome to GP, Ugunther Turundor!
Jan 6, 2023 8:15 am
Welcome :)
Jan 7, 2023 3:27 am
Welcome!
Jan 7, 2023 8:11 am
Thank you for all your kind and welcoming words! Already finding games and making characters. You guys don't mess around here.

Cheers Ugunther Turundor
Jan 7, 2023 12:01 pm
Howdy, welcome to the joint.
Jan 7, 2023 12:01 pm
Howdy, welcome to the joint.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.