D&D 5e 'Frontier Fantasy' beta test--recruiting

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 8, 2023 4:10 am
Well then, put me in coach.

I'm not much help with the opening a game thing though, sorry. There are how-to videos for the website though, maybe a place to start looking for answers?
Jan 8, 2023 4:19 am
This is a neat concept.

Would a spell-slinging saloon girl work in this group?
Jan 8, 2023 4:43 am
It absolutely would, if I can open a friggin game. I click 'create' and nothing friggin happens.
Jan 8, 2023 5:40 am
kinajardine says:
I seem to be having trouble opening a new game. Either GP doesn't like Firefox or I'm doing something wrong.
Did you press the [+] next to the character sheet dropdown? If you don't, the sheet isn't actually added and it won't let you create the game. If that's not the issue, maybe post or send me a screenshot of your game page and I can see if I can find the problem
Jan 8, 2023 8:07 am
This seems like an excellent game, and during the first 5 hours, it seemed to have gathered a lot of players. If there is still room, then I would be interested as well. Either as a lawman (paladin) or a shaman (druid) with a fondness for whiskey. The lawman could have the twist that he is angry on the divine beings/gods, so he has refused to take the paladin oath. But he is a thinker and a tinkere, so he would be emulating the paladin abilities with artificer technology
Last edited January 8, 2023 8:29 am
Jan 8, 2023 9:48 am
Wow, this one filled fast. Curse you sleep! *shake fist*

You had me at Krynn. I'm a huge Dragonlance fan! If there's any chance for a spot.. Remember Thirty-Thirty from Bravestarr? Yeah, something like that on a minotaur or your beast-kin might be awesome.
Jan 8, 2023 1:56 pm
This does sound the type of world-building RPG I would adore to play at the table. Not sure about PbP because it may be too slow to do all the huge story-telling options you propose there in the campaign.
Even at the table I would like to do at least one session a week to stay attached to my PC and the way party is influencing the world.

Anyhow if you still accept players and if "2 posts per day" even during weekends is indeed the peace you are willing to achieve, then count me in, please. That's the peace that will allow me to get attached to my PC and keep developing that character concept even while away from keyboard.
Jan 8, 2023 2:45 pm
Yeah you have to click the plus sign then dnd 5e for character sheets and a description then click create.
Jan 8, 2023 4:09 pm
Awesome! That worked!

I'm going to be busy for a while setting up all the necessary threads so that all the information you need will be at your fingertips. Plus, I need to take another look at the gunslinger UA class, I don't think it quite fits in with the theme of the setting. It'll need to be workshopped before it's ready to go.

I'll invite everyone to the game once it's all threaded up. Some of you may decide it's not for you after you read up on the details or during session zero. Plus, it'll be good to get feedback regardless.

This game will also be posted publically, so I can get more reactions to the campaign for further tweaking and balancing. I THINK my math is sound, but simulated situations are far different than actual gameplay realities.
Last edited January 8, 2023 4:10 pm
Jan 8, 2023 5:10 pm
Also, I wasn't expecting much interest in this campaign, and you know what, I need all the feedback I can get... so I may run two games at the same time with say, 5 party members. Once I set up the first game, I'll invite everyone in, and we can decide who's in party 1 and who's in party 2.
Jan 8, 2023 6:05 pm
Ok awesome. Just let us know when its up.
Jan 8, 2023 6:30 pm
Just don't overburden yourself!
Jan 8, 2023 8:05 pm
I think I'll be okay. I'm still workshopping the existing UA Gunslinger fighter subclass to get it in line with the intention of this campaign.

Just to be clear, ALL classes are available for this campaign. It may be a 'frontier fantasy' but really, the only differences in classes are purely aesthetic. Like, a big burly barbarian dude might walk around in nothing but fur underpants and boots in a conventional setting, but in this setting, he'd look more like a frontiersman or a lumberjack (And nobody messed with lumberjacks back in the day. That was a good way to get your face busted in. They were built like chimpanzees and burned 6000 calories a day.)
Jan 8, 2023 8:09 pm
Quote:
This game will also be posted publically, so I can get more reactions to the campaign for further tweaking and balancing
The game is currently set to private. If you want people outside of the players to be able to observe, you'll have to set it to public. Also, if you're looking for feedback or commentary, maybe consider creating an OOC thread that allows for public posting in the game.
Jan 8, 2023 8:32 pm
kinajardine says:
Just to be clear, ALL classes are available for this campaign.
I am thinking Warlock for my spell-slinging saloon girl.
Jan 9, 2023 5:29 am
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
This game will also be posted publically, so I can get more reactions to the campaign for further tweaking and balancing
The game is currently set to private. If you want people outside of the players to be able to observe, you'll have to set it to public. Also, if you're looking for feedback or commentary, maybe consider creating an OOC thread that allows for public posting in the game.
Oop, I'll get those changed. Thanks for letting me know!
Jan 9, 2023 2:05 pm
I'm going to be Fist of the wild monk beastkin. Just don't know what types there are. Always wanted to play a bear person or whatever. Can we see the beastkin list so we can see what we can choose from? Just curious.
Last edited January 9, 2023 2:05 pm
Jan 9, 2023 2:46 pm
Should we apply or are you inviting us to the game?
Jan 9, 2023 2:47 pm
You can apply if you want, I believe I've made the game public now.
Jan 9, 2023 2:47 pm
Amberthegirlgeekgamer87 says:
I'm going to be Fist of the wild monk beastkin. Just don't know what types there are. Always wanted to play a bear person or whatever. Can we see the beastkin list so we can see what we can choose from? Just curious.
Getting to it! There's a lot to edit and copy and paste.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.