Ch. Z : The infinite Tower

load previous

Siveril Miarona

Psybermagi

Jan 13, 2023 3:08 pm
Siveril Miarona
Sighing in frustration she looks at those present and smiles.
Welcome to the Infinite Tower. Congratulations on completing the requirements to become a Climber. The Tower has existed for the sole purpose of elevating the mortal peoples. I am Siveril Miarona. It is me pleasure to be able to assist you in any way possible.
You have heard already a bit about the Tower I am sure. Let me tell you what the Tower can do from you. Though many of the Towers functions have been compromised we are working ceaselessly to restore these and ask for you patience. If you wish, you may assist with restoring services to the tower by registering as a Climber and completing missions on behalf of the Tower. At this time these missions would primarily be in resource collection. Much of our reserves have been exhausted since the Shattering and in repairing the damages done by it.
I am sure you are wondering "Why would I want to become a Climber? What do I get from completing Tower quests?" I assure you it will not be waste of your time. Though many functions are inoperable or limited at this time the Tower does still maintain the ability to train you in basic skills and also reward you with magical items to compliment your skill set.

After completing her introductory speech that has obviously been prepared and rehearse she seems much more relaxed and looks expectantly at each of you.
Jan 13, 2023 3:48 pm
Good to meet ya. Now, what exactly does climb the tower actually mean? Like the floors were taken over and we have to secure them. Or is there another challenge or test that we take?
Jan 13, 2023 3:53 pm
"Sounds good to me," Nash says, scratching the back of his head in thought.

"Is it ok to double up on jobs? The scout camp has a lot to do as well... but there's no reason we can't kill two trolls with one fireball, right? Speaking of the scout camp... you should probably meet the higher-ups. I feel like you all could accomplish a lot of leadering together." Giving a nod, he adds, "Oh! Almost forgot. I'm Nash. Pleasure to meet you, ma'am."

Turning to Dasyra, Nash offers a smile. "Glad to see you made it home safe. I mean, I figured you could, but... it's kinda crazy out there. Lots of unexpected happenings."
Last edited January 13, 2023 3:54 pm

Siveril Miarona

Psybermagi

Jan 13, 2023 4:27 pm
Siveril Miarona
Looking to Klim "Climbing the Tower" is simply a term to describe using to Tower to gain strength through challenging yourselves. The advantage of using the Tower over simply going out and practicing and fighting monsters is that the Tower has some protective measures to save your life. This is of course costly in the way of resources but most Climbers do collection or other quests for the Tower as needed. Previous generations have contributed to the Tower enabling us to have a policy that your first time being saved from death while Climbing or on a Tower quest will cost you nothing. Most Climbers find it advantageous to keep a credit with the Tower to cover unforeseen complications

Turning to Nash She smiles as his introduction and nods her head. Though the Tower does facilitate organizations we impost no requirement on any who register with the Tower. All services have a cost used to maintain the Tower, in our case to help fix it while maintaining it, but beyond that we do not limit your activities outside the Tower.
As for meeting your leaders, they are welcome to come here. We are currently limited to the Tower. Previously Dasyra was only able to leave due to the activation of one of the Planar Foci, the large magical Orb, and even that taxed our resources heavily.
Jan 13, 2023 4:47 pm
"Sounds good. Um... is it possible to enter the tower without going through the tests? I know they'd do fine, it isn't that, it's more... time? You said yourself, some tests can take a while... a few days for survival right? They probably don't want to be away from the camp that long."

Then he laughs a bit and adds, "Keeping all of us in line is a full time job."
Jan 13, 2023 5:02 pm
OOC:
I understand Hak is first to join Nash, Two Elves and Klim (Larynda never met Klim or Elves)
Then Jax, Lasyra and Quindon will join in any order
I believe we could skip part where Larynda asks who the 3 unfamiliar to her faces are.

After introductions Larynda share her experience shortly
Were you entertained by the Tower magical exercises just like I was? If felt just like a dream but a real one.
I must admit nevertheless it soon became boring - I prefer real world and real people over imaginable ones.

After (assuming) gathering the same info as Nash did
Larynda admit she would like to visit this place for a practice if there is a lazy day or two waiting for other to regains health, like it was yesterday. She questions Elfs if that is fine and if there are any reason to not use tower for training apart from obviously meeting hobgoblins in the area.

You have been here for decades - have You been training all the time? Doesn't look like. Any reason You don't do it? And where does the magic items you mention comes from? Does a tower just create them from nothing?

Dasyra Valdi

Psybermagi

Jan 13, 2023 5:03 pm
Dasyra Valdi
Unfortunately any ego entry must be tested. It is a war for requirement that we currently are unable to disable it, even though it is draining our resources. They can simply knock on thy fire and stay outside to talk with one of us inside the door. And he shrugs.
Jan 14, 2023 4:26 am
Jax eventually rejoins the group. He is covered in sweat and in a visibly good mood. Klim, it’s good to see you safe. And good job all of you for completing the trials.
Jan 15, 2023 7:20 pm
Dasyra Valdi
I believe everyone is present now. We need to show you something. He speaks a command and performs a few gestures. You all get an odd feeling of increased weight and motion. Larynda recognizes the sensation of riding an elevator. Though more common amongst dwarfs there are places where the underdark requires vertical movement and ladders are not the best for heavy loads and she has ridden a few. After a few moments the sensation passes and with another command a section of the wall dissolves revealing another chamber of about the same size as the lounge you are now in. However the interior has more than 10 Orbs, each glowing a different color, and there are slots in the wall, ceiling, and floor for several more.

Siveril Miarona

I am sorry for the irregularity of this but we are in a bit of a bind. Though we are trapped in the tower we are somewhat aware of the events outside and your group seems the most capable and trustworthy. You see the magical Orbs you have been encountering need to be returned to this Tower Node for us to finish repairs. It seems that several of the groups in the area have some knowledge of these Orbs and are seeking them out or just grabbing them as they can tell they are powerful.
We would like to hire you to assist us in the recovery of the remaining Orbs in the area. The hobgoblins who are in the tower seem willing to use the tower and help in minor matters. We are certain they have at least 1 Orb thought they deny this. They say they will help but it is all too evident they have their own agenda.
Will you help us recover the orbs. We can pay in either Tower privileges' or manufactured magical goods.

The both look at you. Their look is not quite desperate of pleading but they are definitely sincere in their request for help
Jan 15, 2023 7:21 pm
Probably the last to join is Quindon, who seems to have mixed feelings about the Tower, but who also shows his contentment with the presence of the Duergar.

"Good to see you in one piece, master wizard. How did you manage that?"

Quindon also makes acquaintance with the two elves, but doesn’t comment on their efforts to restore the Tower. Yet.
Jan 15, 2023 9:23 pm
Hak just stands there, looking at first one, then the other whenever they take their turn to speak. He watches the faces of his companions, feeling he understands more of what their silly expressions mean. Even though none of them has a respectable beak, or even crest feathers with which to gesture or indicate moods.

He sees that none of them appear to be very alarmed or intent on killing any one present, so Hak will calm down as well and simply enjoy the ambiance. If there is a window, he will stroll over to see what is outside of it, but he will attempt to pay attention to the rest of the conversation while doing so.
Jan 15, 2023 10:03 pm
Oh yeah, the hobbies took real good care o’ me. They gave me this whole speech about how they don’t want war with the expedition, that they’ll allow us to do as we want so long as we stay off their turf. Then they went and shot the negotiation in the foot by sending me into the tower as a Guinea Pig. Messed up, really.
Last edited January 15, 2023 10:03 pm

Siveril Miarona

Psybermagi

Jan 15, 2023 10:16 pm
Siveril Miarona
This seems in line with what we have learned of them. They have a very regulated society and are typically quite trustworthy when they give their word. Unfortunately they are unswervingly obedient to their god Maglubiyet. It seems he is meddling in mortal affairs. A common occurrence for him from what we know.

Will you aid us? Or shall we simple send you out?

Whether you do or not we are working to restore the tower but at this time all services beyond basic registration and evaluation will require you to assist in some fashion by collecting resources including magic, materials, and capturing creatures. We can also exchange with those who register with the tower. This of this feature as a store except we really do not need gold as much as we need other rare materials.
Jan 15, 2023 11:41 pm
"Hell with it, I'm willing. We will be doing a lot of travel, and will absolutely keep on the lookout for these orbs. When we find one..." Nash doesn't say anything but holds up the item Dasyra had given him, giving a knowing nod.
Jan 16, 2023 12:06 am
If you tell us the items needed to restore the tower to full functionality, we will see what we can do about procuring them.

Dasyra Valdi

Psybermagi

Jan 16, 2023 12:31 am
Dasyra Valdi
Primarily we need to collect and restore the Orbs. Other than that there are a variety of rare metals and minerals that would be very helpful. He waves a hand and snatches a parchment from thin air before scribbling a list of needed materials and handing it over.
Jan 16, 2023 7:08 am
Any idea where we can find any of these metals? Or other Orbs?
Jan 16, 2023 10:16 am
Quindon listens with mounting surprise how Jax as patrol leader gives his word to work for the two elves. Quindon sees no way to talk to his companions without attracting the attention of the elves. He ponders whether he should speak up. As the conversation turns to ways to practically help the Tower residents, Quindon decides to speak up.

"If I may. I'm not unsupportive of your cause, but isn't there a way to establish a cooperation with the expedition? If you could strike a deal with the expedition leaders, you might have a broader support for you objectives. Of course, you need to consider what you want to give in return."

The halfling strokes his face, messing up his sideburn, considering another idea. "Or, we could work directly for you. I don't know about you," he says to Hak, Jax, Klim, Larynda and Nash, "but, I've only got a contract as a free agent. I suppose we don't have a direct obligation to them. So, if the price is right..."

Quindon is interested in hearing what the elves can offer him. So far, the expedition hasn't been too good to him, as a free agent. They left him stranded on an island & all services they offer are to be payed. And when an expedition member is taken hostage, they barely take action.

He tries to see how the elves react to this offer. Whether they are offended or are interested.

Rolls

Quindon: Insight - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Jan 16, 2023 1:44 pm
Larynda address Elves: I would like to support Quindon. While I totally support your attempt to prolong Tower conservation, I will not commit to help you at the cost of jeopardizing expedition and hobgoblin relationships without expedition approval.

Then she lower her voice and turn back to Elves, but not enough for Elves to not hear They failed to protect Orbs once. These Elves who were staying out of war and out of world ever since - they legacy of the world, expedition is present.
Jan 16, 2023 1:53 pm
Dasyra Valdi
The Orbs are difficult to locate with the towers current state until they are activated. At present there are none active. However from what I can tell they are not far from this areas and likely all within a Remnant of the city. We are almost certain that the hobgoblins have at least one somewhere here on the northern shore of the river. Beyond that we do not know.
Siveril Miarona
We can discuss it with your leaders but can not form any formal agreement with an organization. We can only work directly with individuals registered with the Tower. Hopefully this would not be problematic with the leader.
Both seem more interested and hopeful at the prospect of outside help and not bothered in the slightest by minor complications that can be resolved. Though at the mention of "the price" they do flinch a bit.
Dasyra Valdi
At this point in time I can guarantee payment of a lesser magic item for the return of the next orb. We also have a selection of consumable magic items and can let you pick from those up to an equivalent value. If you have not bonded a growth type item then I would recommend selecting one of those. Growth items are hard to come by and, as the name implies, can be enhanced in the future.
OOC:
minor = common, lesser = uncommon, greater = rare, major = very rare, superior = legendary, ultimate = artifact
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.