Quick poll

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 15, 2023 10:33 pm

How do you use your phone Public

Dark Mode
Light mode
Jan 15, 2023 10:36 pm
Why only phone? 😄
Jan 16, 2023 12:10 am
I have been told light mode infuriates people.

As such, it's all I use.
Jan 16, 2023 2:03 am
MaJunior says:
I have been told light mode infuriates people.

As such, it's all I use.
Lol hurting your eyes to own the naysayers.
Jan 16, 2023 2:05 am
nezzeraj says:

Lol hurting your eyes to own the naysayers.
It's never hurt my eyes. 🤷
Jan 16, 2023 2:54 am
Me when using light mode:
https://i.imgur.com/FD8Dj3f.jpg
Jan 16, 2023 6:07 am
bowlofspinach says:
Why only phone? 😄
Thought to say tablet or phone but some people might use one on phone and the other on tablet
Last edited January 16, 2023 6:07 am
Jan 18, 2023 8:05 am
I'm a programmer and I always use dark-mode. Its a known fact that light attracts bugs
Jan 18, 2023 8:44 am
runekyndig says:
I'm a programmer and I always use dark-mode. Its a known fact that light attracts bugs
!false
Jan 18, 2023 12:54 pm
runekyndig says:
Programmers story
One day the developer team lead us out on vacation so he had a new manager sit in, just to have a management presence and answer any business questions that might arise. This other manager is a recent MBA graduate with 0 technical experience. He sits quietly for most of the meeting but towards the end he interrupts with a question. He says
Quote:
I've been sitting here listening to you talk and I can't help wonder. Wouldn't your code work alot better if you just stopped putting bugs in it?
True story
Jan 18, 2023 12:58 pm
Psybermagi says:
runekyndig says:
Programmers story
One day the developer team lead us out on vacation so he had a new manager sit in, just to have a management presence and answer any business questions that might arise. This other manager is a recent MBA graduate with 0 technical experience. He sits quietly for most of the meeting but towards the end he interrupts with a question. He says
Quote:
I've been sitting here listening to you talk and I can't help wonder. Wouldn't your code work alot better if you just stopped putting bugs in it?
True story
Was that manager by any chance a light theme user?
Jan 18, 2023 1:09 pm
Psybermagi says:
Wouldn't your code work alot better if you just stopped putting bugs in it?
No one can say he is wrong 🤔
Jan 18, 2023 1:51 pm
Sterfteerst says:
Was that manager by any chance a light theme user?
Probably, as most power point warriors are.
Jan 18, 2023 2:04 pm
PPW = Power Point Warrior. Love it.
Jan 18, 2023 2:16 pm
I have seen many great engineers get sucked into the awful dread of management, struggling to maintain a shred of their former codding glory.
Only to be forced to adapt, as any warrior must, to their new battle field. Meeting, presentations, and scheduling. Only though great slides are they allowed to shine anymore. So sad :(
Last edited January 18, 2023 2:34 pm
Jan 18, 2023 2:32 pm
But... code would work better if you stopped putting bugs in it!
I stopped years ago!
Jan 18, 2023 2:33 pm
Yeah, I guess I just never grew up. I still play with bugs. Sigh
Jan 18, 2023 3:32 pm
If I had it to do over, I think I would have gone for coding over electronics. I learned a heluva lot of tech thanks to all the people I worked with but it'd be nice to have a skill I could keep doing till I was 104 years old.
Jan 18, 2023 3:42 pm
I did electronics and most of my work is coding, python mostly with a bit of bash scripting. Even the electrical work is coding, just in VHDL.
Jan 18, 2023 4:08 pm
I use light mode cause most of the windows on my screens, at work, are light. Like MS Office and such. So it's a bit less noticeable that I have GP open if anyone were to walk by. 😇
Don't tell my boss!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.