What system to play Shadowrun "setting"?

load previous
Feb 13, 2023 11:11 am
1. One more question about Genesys and its Shadowrun hack: there is this official Android setting for Genesys. Apart from lack of magic: how good is for cyberpunk settings? Does it provide the right amount of mentioned here granularity ? Did anyone here used this book?

2. Researching the subject some more: I have found some nice videos about Shadowrun 3rd edition. And many people call it as their favorite edition. And it really seem having some neat aspects: dice pools seems not to grow to ridiculous sizes, it's rules seem to be quite simple, but still have enough granularity with its changing TN and some "effort" aspects in the form of Action Pool for each fight round.

And from 4th edition the authors seem to go into direction of overcomplicating things. But yet again: it is also mentioned as favorite edition of many.

And all of this: are only my impressions from watching quite a few tutorial videos:D

And... I love those old-school Art! :)

That's way I'm asking the veterans/practicians: what do they think about 3rd edition? Maybe they could correct the book, to make it a better read. Streamline a little the rules and go evolution way from that point? Could it be the best edition to start with Shadowrun?
nezzeraj says:
Maybe try 2e or 3e!
Right now I would be really excited to try 3e - indeed! Any experiences with it?
Feb 13, 2023 11:45 am
Not personal experience but I have the all the books and I've read through it! 3e is the edition I'd most like to try someday.
Feb 13, 2023 2:23 pm
3rd was my favorite iteration of the ShadowRun systems. It struck the balance between being the most complete of the systems without being bloated.
Feb 15, 2023 11:46 pm
So I hope there will be an opportunity to play it together someday! As so far - as stated here - I didn't found the other ruleset that could be a nice replacement. Apart maybe for this Genesys edition, but it seems to have it's own quirks... And still looking forward to this WoD conversion.

3rd edition to... rule them all... ? ;)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.