Hi All

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 26, 2023 11:16 pm
Hey everyone,

I'm Yuun. I have just started to explore the world of pen and paper and pbp. I've played a handful of DnD campaigns over the years, but all were one offs meant to fill an evening with a few friends at the time.

I rarely have the chance to play with groups anymore due to other hobbies and responsibilities, but I do like to spend my mornings writing or working on a solo adventure.

I'm joining up to learn more about pbp, how it works, and to see if I enjoy it as much as playing in person and my solo rp experiences.

I have the most experience with Ironsworn, Starforged, and DnD 5e, but I'm really interested in learning new systems, too. I have my eyes on TinyD6 and variants, Star Wars RPG (FFG and WEG d6), Scarlet Heroes, Rune by Gila RPG, and some others.

I do enjoy narrative, but am not particular to one style yet. I like anything speculative, but tend to gravitate towards scifi or imagined worlds that are not based in the DnD universe. That said, I still have fun with the occasional fantasy game.

Happy to learn more about GP and the resources here.

Thank you!
Last edited January 26, 2023 11:16 pm
Jan 26, 2023 11:29 pm
Welcome to GP, Yuun!
Jan 27, 2023 1:15 am
Welcome Aboard!
Since our welcome wagon Mod is asleep, I'll provide the helpful links she drops for our newest members. I highly recommend joining us on the GamersPlane DISCORD channel and getting to know the community. We don't play there but it's a great place to meet the other members of GamersPlane.
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome, Yuun!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 27, 2023 1:16 am
Welcome, Yuun. Scarlet Heroes is the bomb, I've used it to solo play a Pathfinder Adventure Path (or at least the first section of the AP) and it worked great. It's also great for running a duet (one GM plus one player).

Tons of different games get offered here, so keep an eye on the Games Tavern thread or on the Discord, and don't be afraid to ask for something specific -- sometimes people say yes.
Jan 27, 2023 1:22 am
Welcome Yun
[ +- ] Tiny Invite
Jan 27, 2023 1:40 am
Welcome to the community, Yuun!

Len

Jan 27, 2023 1:42 am
Welcome aboard, Yuun!
Jan 27, 2023 2:00 am
Welcome to GP!
Jan 27, 2023 3:02 am
Welcome to GP, Yuun!
Jan 27, 2023 3:22 am
Hi!
Jan 27, 2023 5:07 am
Welcome!
Jan 27, 2023 9:19 am
Welcome :)
Jan 27, 2023 12:27 pm
Welcome
Jan 27, 2023 2:17 pm
Hello and welcome. As a fellow new player, I hope you enjoy GP as much as I am. I definitely recommend Psybermagi's game that he mentioned if you want to get used to the site.
Last edited January 28, 2023 12:18 am
Jan 27, 2023 3:57 pm
Hi, Yuun! Tiny D6 is just great, good thing to look into!
Jan 27, 2023 9:05 pm
Welcome Yuun :D
Jan 27, 2023 11:58 pm
Thank you all for the warm welcome. :)
Jan 28, 2023 12:23 am
Hi and welcome
Jan 28, 2023 7:55 am
Welcome aboard! Hope you’ll enjoy your stay
Jan 28, 2023 12:19 pm
Hi Yuun! I'm pretty new as well, and am thoroughly enjoying Psybermagi's introductory TinyD6 game. I'm sure that you will find something that entertains you. Have Fun!
Jan 29, 2023 10:02 am
Hullo hullo!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.