Rejoice!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 1, 2023 7:39 am
Greetings everyone. I’m Jesus.Chrysler.Supercar, and I never apologize for puns. Lovely to meet you all. I’m new to the Gamers Plane community, but not new to play-by-post. Used to play on a few other sites, but most have really slowed down in the last few years. GP seems like it’s hopping, though!

Looking to read some excellent writing, and hopefully, do some excellent writing myself. I love writing. It’s one of my favorite hobbies, and I try to do about an hour of it a day. It helps me with creativity and stress reduction. Some people hit the gym and exercise to get rid of stress, but I write. Since I also like roleplaying, PbPs kind of kill two birds with one stone for me.

I’m familiar with all types of RPGs. Too many to list here. I think I’ve played hundreds over the years. I prefer ‘Goldilocks’ levels of crunch - not too light and not too dense. Right in the middle is just perfect for me. My recent roleplaying forays have been with Overlight (Renegade Game Studios), Deadlands (Pinnacle Entertainment Group), and Predation (Monte Cook Games).
Last edited February 1, 2023 7:40 am
Feb 1, 2023 7:41 am
Welcome, Jesus!

Puns are heavily encouraged here so we're glad to have you!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 1, 2023 9:44 am
Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay!
Feb 1, 2023 10:10 am
Welcome
Feb 1, 2023 11:39 am
Welcome to GP! Great username! You will fit right in if you like puns.
Feb 1, 2023 12:59 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Feb 1, 2023 2:30 pm
Welcome to GP, Jesus.Chrysler.Supercar. There are a few Deadlands fans here. Cool username.
Feb 1, 2023 2:42 pm
Now I have that song going through my head with Knight Rider and David Hasselhoff on stage singing a parody of it
Last edited February 1, 2023 2:43 pm
Feb 1, 2023 3:43 pm
Psybermagi says:
Now I have that song going through my head with Knight Rider and David Hasselhoff on stage singing a parody of it
I hope KITT was a better singer than the Hoff
Feb 1, 2023 3:45 pm
Technically yes but they're was a lack of feeling in KITT's performance. It was a no from Simon
Last edited February 1, 2023 3:46 pm
Feb 1, 2023 4:15 pm
Welcome!
Feb 1, 2023 11:13 pm
Welcome @Jesus.Chrysler.Supercar! Hope you find some great games here. I love Cypher System games, (and Deadlands) but haven't gotten to play in Predation yet. How was it?
Feb 1, 2023 11:29 pm
Thanks everyone!
Qralloq says:
Welcome @Jesus.Chrysler.Supercar! Hope you find some great games here. I love Cypher System games, (and Deadlands) but haven't gotten to play in Predation yet. How was it?
Predation is a fun setting. What’s not to love about time travel and genetically engineered dinosaurs? I’ve only been able to play a couple of sessions but I’m enjoying it. Wish it had more books, but I think the core book is all that’s planned for it.

I also really like the Cypher System. I adore Invisible Sun. It’s my favorite Monte Cook setting. It’d be great to try and run it here on GP, but not sure how well the setting and mechanics would translate to play-by-post. It’s somewhat complex and prop-heavy.
Last edited February 1, 2023 11:35 pm

Len

Feb 2, 2023 3:18 am
Welcome to the community, JCS!
Feb 2, 2023 3:32 am
Welcome! And thanks for helping gamersplane meet its pun quota for the year. We made it, folks! That's right, NO MORE NEED TO MAKE PUNS NOW.

(I kid. I mean I hate puns, but everyone is free to make them!)
Feb 2, 2023 5:18 pm
Hello and welcome!
Feb 3, 2023 10:18 am
Welcome :)
Feb 5, 2023 7:38 am
Hello and welcome!
Feb 5, 2023 9:58 am
Hi JCS, welcome and happy gaming!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.