Let's build an RPG together.

load previous
Apr 15, 2019 3:30 am
I find the more open ended the game is and more control the player has, the more welcoming it is to new players.
May 9, 2019 3:27 pm
kalajel says:
I've been thinking about the whole victory vs. discovery mechanic, how about each successful rolls made is worth 1 victory point. To avoid abuse, the rolls should be made in order to accomplish something important or essential. Each doubles would be worth an amount of discovery points equal to the sum of both dice (or just the value of the double?) and the players need to accumulate a certain number of victory points before they get a certain amount of discovery points.

I want to keep things simple, but right now I feel this is too simple and boring. I also feel this victory mechanic could have the potential to cut game short, having the group win when they're in the middle of a fight or something... Maybe an ability to use some victory points to reduce the number of discovery points could be created.

Wait, what is we made the victory points be a bonus the players could cash in and discovery points a complication the GM could use at an opportune moment or when he feels this would help the story?
Hmm, I just had an idea. How about the whole Victory points would be what is necessary to solve a certain case/scenario? Then once this particular scheme has been foiled, you move on to the next, which would give a bit more play value to the game...
May 11, 2019 6:22 pm
I’m playtesting something at the moment but, when it all fails i’ll have a better look into this. What I read seems promising:D
(Just letting you know ;) )

You do not have permission to post in this thread.