Hello!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 2, 2023 2:22 pm
Hi everyone, I'm generally not fantastic at self introductions as I never know what to actually say that is relevant. I'll do my best though.

I'm Miss_Sadie, newish to play by post but not to ttrpgs. I have the majority of my experience with D&D 5E, with one small foray into Pathfinder, but I am interested in trying new systems as well. I love fantasy and roleplaying and have found that ttrpgs are a great way to just have fun and relax.

I was playing in person games for years but no longer have the time or people to sit down and do those. For two or so years I have been trying things in the pbp world, with varying degrees of success. I discovered I don't like servers where it is...westmarch? Live? I think those are the terms. For me the enjoyment comes from a group of people playing out and forming a story. I was in a couple of games that ended up failing for various reasons that I found on Reddit and tried a paid game as well. Even that didn't have the reliability I was hoping for from a paid experience and so I ventured forth on to Google to find somewhere else. I stumbled upon this website and, after looking around, it seems like it could be a good fit.

I play for fun times, not overly serious question my life times. Every story has it's dark parts and it's serious parts, but I'm really here to have enjoyable adventures with other people. My main focus in a game is roleplay between the characters, the building of relationships and character growth. Homebrew and custom settings, etc are always fun too. Combat isn't a huge thing for me and I can't say I look for games where the risk of death is always imminent.

A random cluster of things besides ttrpgs I enjoy would be video games (varying genres but Story of Seasons games, older Final Fantasy games (or FFXIV, that game is very fun. Wasn't interested in XIII or XV, and XVI is looking enh to me as well), Persona 3-5, and the Sims are always a good choice for me. Reading is big (currently reading the Witcher series but, again, genre varies), I enjoy writing and puzzles. Puzzles as in jigsaw and as in solve this mystery type puzzles. A good mystery - serious or light hearted - is always a win.

I hope to be able to play some games with you all, try some new systems and just have some fun!
Feb 2, 2023 2:36 pm
Welcome Aboard!

I think you'll find a pretty strong and welcoming community on GamersPlane with a wide variety of games to suit most tastes. I do highly recommend joining our DISCORD channel. We don't play there but we do talk and chat quite a bit about games and a wide variety of other topics. It's a great place to get yo know the community.

One of our Mods should be by shortly to drop a bunch of helpful links for you, including the DISCORD link.
Feb 2, 2023 2:44 pm
Welcome, Sadie!

It sounds like the types of games played here will be more up you're alley. They're basically all focused on one consistent group of players rather than a drop-in style. Look around and if you need help with anything, feel free to ask!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 2, 2023 3:51 pm
Welcome!
Feb 2, 2023 3:54 pm
witchdoctor says:
Welcome Aboard!

I think you'll find a pretty strong and welcoming community on GamersPlane with a wide variety of games to suit most tastes. I do highly recommend joining our DISCORD channel. We don't play there but we do talk and chat quite a bit about games and a wide variety of other topics. It's a great place to get yo know the community.

One of our Mods should be by shortly to drop a bunch of helpful links for you, including the DISCORD link.
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome, Sadie!

It sounds like the types of games played here will be more up you're alley. They're basically all focused on one consistent group of players rather than a drop-in style. Look around and if you need help with anything, feel free to ask!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
CancerMan says:
Welcome!
Thank you! I will definitely check the discord out when I have the time later. Looking forward to being here 😊
Feb 2, 2023 4:10 pm
Welcome

Len

Feb 2, 2023 4:30 pm
Welcome to the community, Miss_Sadie!
Feb 2, 2023 5:18 pm
Welcome to the fold! If you like reading come check out the Gamers Plane Discord. We have a book club and a good collection of avid readers.
Feb 2, 2023 8:11 pm
For "generally not being fantastic" at self introductions I think to did a great job ;). Welcome, hope you can dive into a game soon.
Last edited February 2, 2023 8:12 pm
Feb 2, 2023 8:33 pm
Welcome to GP! You picked the right place. I'm sure you'll find a game to your liking soon enough.
Feb 3, 2023 12:10 am
Welcome Miss_Sadie. I hope you find some great games to try. There are numerous "one-shots", short games intended to last a month or three then close when done, as well as longer form games meant to follow the same players for longer, even years.
Feb 3, 2023 12:15 am
Welcome to GP!
Feb 3, 2023 5:59 am
Glad to have you here, Miss_Sadie!
Feb 3, 2023 11:01 am
Welcome to GP Miss_Sadie! It looks like we're already in a game together. I look forward to gaming with you!
Feb 3, 2023 11:03 am
Hello Miss_Sadie ! happy gaming!
Feb 6, 2023 9:07 am
Welcome :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.