In which the adventure begins...

load previous
Feb 12, 2015 3:43 am
Momma D
Momma sees that Christoper has his shot gun out and is ready.

"You got this Shaw, distract those fucks if need be."

After decades of smoking, Momma D is able to light up a cigarette without missing a beat as she closes in on the ladder. Momma sees a bottle a third of the way full of vodka. Leave it to the Russians to be drinking straight vodka. "God damn I love those Commies right now," Momma thinks to herself. She grabs the bottle from the table and inches closer to the ladder. Momma see that Christopher has her back. She takes a deep drag of her cigarette before throwing it into a nearby trash can.

Momma puts her gun in it's holster. With the vodka bottle in one hand, she begins her ascent.

Reference: Climb, motherfucker!
You rolled 1d20-1: 10 | [ 11 ] 11-1
Feb 12, 2015 3:44 am
Momma: Make a Reflex save. Also give me a call on a high or low for favorable results.
Momma D
Reference: Reflex for the save! Momma calls LOW!
You rolled 1d20+1: 5 | [ 4 ] 4+1

OOC: What the fuck is up with the ladders in this game?
Momma: you fumble the vodka bottle a bit as you ascend the ladder. you almost drop it as you sort out how to hold the bottle and safely climb. The liquid sloshes and about half spills out. You make it safely to the top of the ladder. Chris is still below you. The men are just starting to head back towards him and the ladder.
Momma D
While Chris is below, Momma D lights up a cigarette because that's what she knows best. Momma rips off a piece of her dress and shoves into the top of the vodka bottle, sloshing the liquid around and saturating the dress inside. Not Momma's forte, she's seen Molotov cocktails in enough movies to get the gist of the basics. Hopefully these Russians drink the good vodka. Knowing the kind of cash these Commies drop on pussy, Momma thinks it's a safe bet.

Looking at her makeshift explosive, Momma D nods her head. A shame to waste such good vodka.
Feb 12, 2015 3:45 am
Christopher Shaw
I remember the newly tested sprinkler system..... Time to hose these bastards down... As I activate the entire system I yell out to them... "Hey boys, HIT THE SHOWERS!!" I then proceed to the ladder and begin to climb up after Momma...

Reference: Ima climb the shit outta this thing...

You rolled 1d20+2: 17 | [ 15 ] 15+2

If I reach the catwalk with that roll I would immediately check to see what's going on down on the floor..

Reference: Are these boys taking a shower?

You rolled 1d20+6: 23 | [ 17 ] 17+6
Feb 12, 2015 3:45 am
Momma D
"Hey Shaw, I didn't know you had it in you...you know, making people wet," Momma D remarks with a smirk as she takes a drag of her cigarette.
Feb 12, 2015 3:46 am
Chris: after hitting the main switch, you scramble up the ladder one handed while still keeping your shot gun trained on the men below. You get to the catwalk in seconds. Glancing down, you see that all the sprinklers are blasting water out onto the floor of the Hussy. All the men are drenched and spluttering. A few have slipped and fallen. The crazed man on the stage is flat on his back. Some of the men are staggering around, tripping over chairs and tables. Some are shouting at each other to find the door or the off switch. There's so much water pouring down on them that you're pretty sure they can't see more than a few feet in front of them.

As you get to the top of the ladder, you see Momma with a bottle of high-end booze in her hand with a flaming bit of cloth sticking out of the neck of the bottle. Her arm is cocked back, ready to throw.

You also hear sirens blaring outside, but they sound like they're still a ways down the street.
Feb 12, 2015 3:46 am
Christopher Shaw
I attempt to stop her from throwing the bottle.

"Wait! We might need that if they get their wits about them and come after us. Let's get to the roof. I'm impressed you recognize when someone is wet. I'm sure it's been like, FOREEEVER since you've experienced that, so, good on you there, Momma. Also, if your trying to start a fire I don't think we want to be on the roof while the building is going up in flames."
Feb 12, 2015 3:47 am
Momma D
"I've had more action than you could imagine, boy. Watch and you might learn something. As for being wet, pussy like this don't dry up." With that last statement, Momma gives her mound a pat and grins. "Let's get going. I'll lead. You holler if you want me to send this bottle a flying."

Momma D starts toward the roof hatch.
Feb 12, 2015 3:47 am
Christopher Shaw
I roll my eyes and follow Momma to the hatch. Trying to be wary of any changes down on the floor.
Feb 12, 2015 3:49 am
The catwalk you are on now is wide enough to walk on safely. You are among the lights and wires that hang from the ceiling. A few lights are still pulsing from Lacy's last dace number that ended abruptly. At the end of the catwalk, you can see the roof hatch up above you. Unfortunately, it's not right in front of you. There's another ladder that reaches up to it. This ladder is a old and rusty and swings a bit when you grab it. At the top of the ladder is a small platform that has only enough room for one person at a time. You can reach the hatch from the platform. Neither of you has been up here before, so you don't remember if it's locked or not.

Looking down, you can see the men are clearing the floor and moving towards the main doors. About half of them are still in the club. None of them are looking up at this moment.

Actions going up the ladder towards the platform will require Climb and Acrobatics checks.
Momma D
Momma leads the way up the clearly unsafe ladder, leaving Christopher behind to watch her back.

Reference: Climbing my little heart out.
You rolled 1d20-1: 15 | [ 16 ] 16-1

Reference: Acrobatics, like I'm in the sack
You rolled 1d20+1: 8 | [ 7 ] 7+1
Christopher Shaw
I climb up after Momma...

Reference: Climby, climb, climb.

You rolled 1d20+2: 3 | [ 1 ] 1+2

welp. I'll roll the Dex anyway just try and make myself feel better.

Reference: Pointless Dex check

You rolled 1d20+2: 17 | [ 15 ] 15+2

Yay!! DO'H!!
Momma: you climb the ladder without any problems. When you get to the platform, however, the only hand rail is rusted and wobbly. You almost lose your balance and drop the vodka bottle you were carrying. You watch it fall through the air, almost in slow motion. As it smashes and shatters on the stage, you realize you were holding your breath. From the angle you are at, you don't see anyone rush over to investigate. The water is still cascading down from the extinguisher system.

Chris: You grab the ladder to climb up after Momma, and watch the bottle drop. You are at a better angle, so you can still see the majority of the Hussy's main room. Most of the men are bunched up by the door, trying to get out. The crazed man that was on the stage is still floundering in the water and trying to grab his knife. The bottle lands almost on his hand and smashes, spraying his face with glass shards. He howls in pain and looks up. He clearly sees you. He gets to his feet and starts to jump in the air swiping his arms, as if he could attack you from there. You can see his mouth working and guess he's still screaming, but you can't hear him over the water. A few of the men by the door hear him and start to move over, with pistols drawn. You see this going badly, so you hurry up the ladder as fast as you can.

Unfortunately, you don't really have a good grip and you and are still holding your shot gun. When you get about half way up, your hand slips and you fall back down a few feet. Your feet kick and bang against the rungs, making a loud clanging noise. You manage to grab back on and hold tight. Your blood is pounding in your ears and you are panting heavily. Somehow, luckily, you are still holding your shot gun. You look up. Momma is clinging to the platform. She almost fell with your weight slamming into the ladder. You look down, and see 3 men standing on the stage. With the crazy man pointing at you and screaming and the noise you made falling half way down the ladder, they have spotted you. One moves towards the ladder that leads up to the catwalk. Two draw pistols and aim up at you.

Reference: Suit One
You rolled 1d20+1: 8 | [ 7 ] 7+1

Reference: Suit Two
You rolled 1d20+1: 14 | [ 13 ] 13+1
Feb 12, 2015 3:50 am
Momma D
Phew. "I can't believe I dropped that fucking bottle but hey, it could be worse." Momma D is hopeful that no one noticed the dropping bottle and that perhaps the other sounds muted the shattering. Momma was about to light up a cigarette when Christopher loses his footing, causing her to teeter totter on the platform. Good thing those years of turning tricks left Momma agile. She is able to regain her footing and balance herself. The sudden scare of falling makes Momma realize that perhaps is not the opportune time to have a smoke. Momma D. readies her trusty revolver and watches to see how Christoper is faring after his slip. Suddenly her mind stops and recalls her visions from earlier. Momma can't help but wonder what sweet Lacy is up to right now.
Christopher Shaw
AC: 13

It feels like bullet time kicks in as I watch the two men open fire on my sorry dangling ass. I watch the bullet from Suit 1's gun go screaming by my face and lodge harmlessly in the wall behind me....unfortunately Suit 2's shot is heading in the direction of my person....and I can't dodge bullets.....The majestic rifling is almost too beautiful for words...it dawns on me the subtle brilliance and pure comprehension of physics and geometry the mind that invented these martial marvels must have had....as the bullet approaches I am overcome with emotion at the achievements of human kind to this point in our history...a tear runs down my cheek, or down my forehead depending on if I'm upside down or not....I am honored to be afforded the opportunity to experience the effects of the impact from this small metallic precisely calibrated and manufactured piece of art....O' sweet pain, I embrace thee!
Momma D
Momma is quickly brought out of her thoughts by the sounds of two guns shots. Momma blinks her eyes and hones in on what she thinks is Christopher moaning in what sounds to be a mix of pain, pleasure and existential wonder. "Maybe that Shaw and I have more in common that I surmised," mutters Momma as she peers over the edge of the platform to get a better look. Momma readies her revolver as she takes in the scene at hand.

Reference: Perception: Can see someone to shoot at? What's giving Shaw a hard-on?
You rolled 1d20+7: 21 | [ 14 ] 14+7
Chris: your inner monologue is broken by impact of a bullet into your leg. You feel the dull pain radiate up through your body, then a burning fire erupts at the site of the wound. You cannot repress a scream as the pain overwhelms you. You can barely move you leg and the dead weight pulls you back way from the ladder.

Reference: Damage from a lucky gunshot
You rolled 1d8: 5 | [ 5 ] 5

Make a Reflex Save and a Will Save.

Momma: You see Shaw start to fall back and clutch at the ladder. His left leg is hanging limply off the ladder and you see his pants leg is slick with scarlet blood. The two suits on the floor don't seem to have seen you, and they are not shooting at Shaw again. But they are yelling at their friends. The crazy one has picked up his knife and is jumping into the air, swinging the blade wildly. You also notice that one of the men has started up the ladder that you recently climbed to get to the catwalk.
Feb 12, 2015 3:51 am
Christopher Shaw
AGONNYYY!!! OH, THE TORTURE THEY TEACH!!!

Reference: Reflex!

You rolled 1d20+4: 19 | [ 15 ] 15+4

...my god..I can't move my layg!!

Reference: SHIT WILL!!!

You rolled 1d20+0: 15 | [ 15 ] 15+0

...must...hold..on...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.