Howdy Fellow Nerds

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 22, 2023 1:26 pm
Hi! I'm Ivy, been playing ttrpgs for ~15 years (ever since my dad ran me through my first dungeon in 4e) and have wanted to give PbP a try for a while.

I hope to play in some games and then maybe run some games! I'm excited to dive into this new (to me) niche in this hobby that I love.

One question I've had is whether or not there's a place to read older games here. I've looked around and it seems like you need to be a member of a game to be able to read its posts, but I'd love the chance to see what a PbP game actually looks like post-to-post if possible. Nbd if not though, I don't want to violate some privacy on my first day here!
Mar 22, 2023 1:32 pm
Welcome Poisonivy. On the front page of the site, you'll find a section that shows recent posts in Public games. (GMs can designate whether or not they're public or private.) Madly clicking around that space should bring up a list of public games.

What kind of games are you interested in?
Mar 22, 2023 1:33 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
Mar 22, 2023 1:48 pm
Welcome
Mar 22, 2023 1:55 pm
Welcome, Ivy!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Mar 22, 2023 2:24 pm
Welcome Ivy!
Mar 22, 2023 2:33 pm
Welcome to GP, Ivy!
Mar 22, 2023 2:49 pm
Qralloq says:
What kind of games are you interested in?
Not sure yet! I feel like I've played a reasonable variety of games IRL, but I'm excited to see how different systems play via PbP.
Mar 22, 2023 2:50 pm
Qralloq says:
Welcome Poisonivy. On the front page of the site, you'll find a section that shows recent posts in Public games. (GMs can designate whether or not they're public or private.) Madly clicking around that space should bring up a list of public games.
I feel so dumb! Thanks!
Mar 22, 2023 2:51 pm
Welcome to gamersplane.com PoisonIvy
[ +- ] Tiny Invitation
Mar 22, 2023 2:51 pm
Howdy
Mar 22, 2023 3:01 pm
Psybermagi says:
Welcome to gamersplane.com PoisonIvy
[ +- ] Tiny Invitation
This sounds AWESOME! Not sure if I can commit right now but I'll check it out and apply when I have the time!
Mar 22, 2023 3:32 pm
Welcome!
Mar 22, 2023 3:45 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Mar 22, 2023 3:50 pm
Hello! Are you asking about older games that people have played? I'm not sure there is an archive of retired games, but as Qralloq noted there public games that you open up and read.
Mar 22, 2023 6:43 pm
My welcome post has a link to a thread with links to public games. It's not complete and not kept up to date anymore, but there are some old, completed games in there. Generally, I think just looking through the public posts on the front page is the best idea to find something.
Mar 22, 2023 7:30 pm
There is a list of all games at https://gamersplane.com/games/list/

You can't search by Public/Private status, but you can see which are Public.

Len

Mar 22, 2023 7:30 pm
Welcome to the community, PoisonIvy!
Mar 23, 2023 12:40 am
Welcome to GP!
Mar 23, 2023 12:46 am
Welcome aboard, PoisonIvy, and don’t feel dumb! Just takes a little getting used to how things work ‘round these parts.

Most of my games are public as well — they might not suit your tastes, but clicking profiles and browsing games to see which ones are public can work as well, especially if you can determine the folks that are running the systems / games you want to peruse…
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.