ForeverDED / Blornvid

load previous
Sep 7, 2023 5:36 pm
Shield bearer let's you roll 2d6 on evade

You are a blacksmith but lack the tools to field repair so will have to get access to a smithy to fix it. Basically the +3 can be used anytime you like but they do not recover without tools and time.
Sep 7, 2023 5:56 pm
Shield Bearer: While wielding a shield, Test with 2d6 on Evade or Goblin Agility Actions instead of 1d6. If you choose this Trait, your Adventurer gains a shield.

Basically, it layers on top of Evade to give you a better chance of success. While more useful to duende, it is still useful to anyone that is wants to use the Evade action.

Armor Master: When wearing any form of armor, you have an extra 3 Hit Points that must be lost before you take physical damage. These hit points cannot be healed and must be restored via repairing you armor. It takes a full 8 hours to repair all 3 Hit Points.

Basically, this gives you 3 "extra" hit points, but once you lose them they are gone until you repair your armor. I call these "ablative hit points", but that is my term, not the game's term.

Two other Traits in the same vein:
Tough: You gain 2 additional Hit Points.

This just gives you two new intrinsic HP. Armor Master gives you a third, but they must always be repaired eventually. This is just flat out two extra HP.

Diehard: When an attack would reduce you to 0 Hit Points, it instead reduces you to 2 Hit Points. You can do this once per day.

This is a cool one because you can never go below 0 Hit Points. So, even if you are catastrophically damaged, you still only go down to 0, then bounce back to 2 HP. So, it a way, it can effectively give you way more than 2 HP depending on how bad that last shot was. On the other hand, it only works once per day instead of being able to be healed like Tough. On the other other hand, Tough is boring and this is cool.
Last edited September 7, 2023 6:04 pm
Sep 7, 2023 6:29 pm
Thanks for the explanations, guys.

He already has the Tough trait. :)

I'm going to give these some thought. Will have an answer soon.
Sep 7, 2023 9:49 pm
One other question: I picked up that magic armor. How is that affected by Armor Master trait? Say it gets damaged and no longer confers those 3 HP, is the magic negatively impacted as well?
Sep 7, 2023 10:06 pm
No let's keep it simple. Unless the armor is totally destroyed the magic is fine.
Sep 8, 2023 1:30 am
Ok, I'll go with the Armor Master trait.
Sep 8, 2023 3:01 am
I was thinking and it seems reasonable for Blornvid to be able to make some repairs to his armor if he has some tools and the help of a mage or two.

This if a basic field repair guidelines
Buy Smith tools 20 gold
Buy repair materials 1 silver per attempt, pass or fail
Roll for blacksmith
A mage rolls a magic check to help heat and shape the metals
If both tests pass you can heal 1 HP
A success takes 10 minutes, failure only takes 5
Only 2 HP can be repaired before needing a smithy.
Sep 8, 2023 2:08 pm
Works for me. :)

I have to finish updating his character sheet (which I hope to do today), so I'll add the blacksmith tools to the list. I assume repair materials will be bought on an as-needed basis.
Sep 8, 2023 3:34 pm
Sure. Don't bother tracking materials.
Just take off a silver when attempting a repair
Sep 8, 2023 3:38 pm
Plus, with the blacksmith tools you get a backup weapon in the hammer! Then you can go ham like the Armorer in the final episode of Mandalorian season 1. :)

And don't forget your shortbow or crossbow!
Sep 8, 2023 7:05 pm
daryen says:
Plus, with the blacksmith tools you get a backup weapon in the hammer! Then you can go ham like the Armorer in the final episode of Mandalorian season 1. :)
LOL
Sep 9, 2023 6:02 pm
Ok, I bought the blacksmith tools, a crossbow, and 100 bolts (I know that you don't keep track, but I figured that spending the money would make it fair). Money deducted and some copper and silver converted upwards to make accounting easier.

I also added the ranged weapons proficiency and the armor master trait and made note of the XP cost, so balance is down to zero.
Jan 23, 2024 9:02 pm
So after the roper-darkmantle combat and adjustment of traits, Blornvid has 13 XP to play with.

First thought is to gain mastery with the crossbow, but he's got that multi-tool weapon now.

Blornvid has proficiency with small and ranged weapons. The mace, axe, and sword are covered under small weapons, but what category do spear, trident, and flail fall under?
Jan 24, 2024 1:23 am
1 Handed = Light / 2 handed = heavy

Light Heavy
javein, spear pike
hans ax, batle ax great axe, glaive
dagger, shortsword, longsword greatsword, claymore
Jan 24, 2024 4:50 pm
just a heads up. The all drinks/elixir dispensed from the pack lose their magic/alcohol 1 day after leaving the pack. So you cant stockpile
Jan 24, 2024 5:51 pm
Psybermagi says:
just a heads up. The all drinks/elixir dispensed from the pack lose their magic/alcohol 1 day after leaving the pack. So you cant stockpile
Wasn't thinking of doing that, but ok.
Jan 24, 2024 8:04 pm
*Sad otter noises*
Feb 14, 2024 2:27 am
I bought a copy of TinyDungeon 2e. Is there anything I should know or avoid before plumbing its depths for Blornvid's advancements (XP spending)?
Feb 14, 2024 4:57 am
not really. This is a high fantasy so anything that meshes with that from the settings should be ok or can be tweaked to be so, ex: shaman and psionics.
Feb 14, 2024 5:25 am
Lesse ...

Armor is being done differently, so its different than even the Advanced weapon and armor rules in the book.

Pure fighters don't have any great prestige traits, so custom traits are being worked on for that.

All of the traits listed, other than Armor Master should all be fine. Heritages are all different, too.

The mechanics of advancement are the same, too. (Using Experience Points on page 21.)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.