interest check for vampire: the masquerade

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 6, 2016 3:47 am
I got a hold of the V:TM deal on humble bundle, and now I have every single book from my favorite RPG in the 90's. anyone feel like playing vampires?
Aug 6, 2016 3:57 am
I would love to try it, though I don't own the rulebooks.
Aug 6, 2016 3:59 am
the 20th anniversary edition is on drivethru for $5.99
Aug 6, 2016 4:21 am
I found this when I jumped onto Drive Thru. Does it have enough of the rules to create a character, or is the core book still needed? http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/55733/Vampire-The-Masquerade-Revised-Quickstart
Aug 6, 2016 4:40 am
should be good enough for a starter and a basic intro to the game

so that's tea and qralloq interested, right? any other takers?
Aug 6, 2016 9:02 am
I had just picked up this one and the werewolf one. Haven't read them yet so i would have to be taught the system.
Aug 6, 2016 12:45 pm
I have seen some game of Vampire The requiem, are there a lot of change or is it the same thing?
Aug 6, 2016 1:31 pm
Requiem and masquerade are both very, very different from one another. Having one wouldn't make you able to play the other.
Aug 6, 2016 1:33 pm
Kjmagle says:
I had just picked up this one and the werewolf one. Haven't read them yet so i would have to be taught the system.
The system is: roll your dice pool (ability + attribute), the difficulty is set by GM. Each die that hits or exceeds the difficulty number is a success, 1s cancel successes.
Aug 6, 2016 1:46 pm
I remember someting like you reroll the 10?
Aug 6, 2016 1:59 pm
No, that is new world of darkness, this is old world of darkness.
Aug 6, 2016 2:14 pm
So I was right my friend were playing requiem and not masquerade. :)
Aug 6, 2016 2:48 pm
right. masquerade has a lot more metagame to it and organizational structure.. whole lot more opportunity for politics. and if things start getting a little stale, I can always say "fuck it, the Sabbat attacks"
Aug 6, 2016 3:19 pm
From what i heard of the game, that's the kind of game where you can put knife in your friend back.^^
The Gm had to write down the con of each party member to see the web of plot.
Aug 6, 2016 4:16 pm
well, in my game, the players will have to cooperate. the younger vampires band together in coteries for safety. makes sense when your elders are super powerful monsters that never die
Aug 6, 2016 4:38 pm
Just joined the site, never done Play by Post before, but I played VtM back in high school. Still looking for players?
Aug 6, 2016 7:35 pm
I would love to try this, but I'm trying to dial back my PbP commitments right now. Kind of burned myself out back there. Is it a game I would need to keep looking up rules for? That would preclude me from playing on my phone and I possibly couldn't manage.
Aug 6, 2016 9:39 pm
WarDomo says:
Just joined the site, never done Play by Post before, but I played VtM back in high school. Still looking for players?
sure am!

since we have a couple of people interested and I know there are a lot of people currently at Gencon, I'm going to go ahead and create the game forum and see who all wants to join. I'll leave it open for a week or until we get at least 4 players.
Aug 6, 2016 9:40 pm
fluglichkeiten says:
I would love to try this, but I'm trying to dial back my PbP commitments right now. Kind of burned myself out back there. Is it a game I would need to keep looking up rules for? That would preclude me from playing on my phone and I possibly couldn't manage.
the main time commitment is reading the lore and learning about vampire society. if you're already stretched too thin, learning a whole new system isn't going to do you any favors
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.