To all of my new friends here...

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 17, 2023 10:27 pm
Hello there, weary travelers. Fancy meeting you here.

Being an old fart, I've been diving into tabletop RPGs for over 20 years now. I love crunchy systems like D&D 5E and Pathfinder 2E (lots of rules, lots of structure) but I have grown to really appreciate some of the newer systems that focus more on story and narrative, downtime activities and other free-form elements.

Admittedly, I am not particularly experienced with play-by-post. The concept does intrigue me and I find its slower, steady nature kind of alluring, especially as my work schedule gets busier. I do love to roleplay, though. Whatever new features play-by-post subscribes to, I'll quickly pick them up and be happier than a pig in mud.

So let's roll some dice, brothers and sisters, and make some great memories together!

Cheers!
May 17, 2023 10:32 pm
Welcome Aboard! GamersPlane is very new-player friendly and play by post is very good for scratching that RPG itch while being very time-efficient.

Nice to see a fellow Tennesseean around.
Last edited May 17, 2023 10:33 pm

Len

May 17, 2023 11:04 pm
Welcome to the community!
May 17, 2023 11:09 pm
Welcome, rmburns!
May 17, 2023 11:18 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
May 17, 2023 11:37 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!
May 18, 2023 12:11 am
Welcome to the forums, rmburns!
May 18, 2023 12:43 am
Welcome to GP!
May 18, 2023 12:45 am
Here's a few helpful links for you to get started, rmburns.

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
**cribbed from BowlofSpinach
May 18, 2023 12:53 am
The BBC code sections for NPCs and Mapping really blows my mind. That is just too cool!

I've browsed through a lot of listed games, but many are closed. I do love how there is a search function where you can list only open games, or only a specific game system, etc. Pretty high tech!

I will eventually figure things out and find a game that fits my tastes. :)
May 18, 2023 1:29 am
Don't hesitate to tell us your tastes. Someone could then help guide you to games that fit. (And Welcome:)
May 18, 2023 1:34 am
I highly recommend joining the GamersPlane DISCORD channel. We don't play via Discord but it's a great way to get to know the community and we talk about games over there (especially upcoming ones) a lot more over there before we post the Interest Check on the forums.
May 18, 2023 3:50 am
Welcome to GP, rmburns!
May 18, 2023 4:52 am
Welcome to the GP community, rmburns!
May 18, 2023 12:26 pm
Welcome to the Old Farts club!
May 20, 2023 2:12 am
Welcome to the fold!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.