[Open] Faction War! Planescape D&D 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 29, 2023 6:34 pm
If we are going with the Faction War, and I will represent the Society of Sensations, how would we go about it?
What would be the plot hook that got each of us engaged with the story?
May 30, 2023 1:28 am
I'm 100% torn on whether I'd want to play the faction war or the blood war.
May 30, 2023 3:19 pm
Hi everyone, thanks for the overwhelming interest! I think the first option edges out the second by just a bit, but in order to to put everyone in a dliemma as to which they prefer, I'm going to embark on Faction War.

I'm inviting you to be part of a chaotic experiment to run a large-ish game in PbP. Let's give it a shot, and we'll do some milestone checks at the end of each chapter to see if the game still makes sense and continues to be enjoyable. And if for some reason it flags, I will offer up the more focused Blood War campaign to pivot into (all woven into the plot, naturally)

I have updated the opening post in this thread into a recruitment post, and will be sending invites to everyone who has expressed interest so far. Start thinking about those races and classes, and most importantly, pick a philosophy you bunch of barmies!
May 30, 2023 3:21 pm
runekyndig says:
If we are going with the Faction War, and I will represent the Society of Sensations, how would we go about it?
What would be the plot hook that got each of us engaged with the story?
A very significant event happens which no one can ignore! I shall reveal in game (if you haven't already read the setting information online)
May 30, 2023 3:28 pm
I'll start working on a member of Society of Sensations then. Looking forward to the game
May 30, 2023 3:44 pm
I'm ready to fight for the Foundry! All hail the Lower Wars!
May 30, 2023 4:28 pm
If there are still spots open, I would like to join this game.
OOC:
Edit: If available, i think an Athar Cleric would be fun to play. But im open to anything.
Last edited May 30, 2023 5:28 pm
May 30, 2023 4:53 pm
I'm going Doomguard.

Entropy! Yay!
Jun 3, 2023 2:39 pm
Putting up one more call to see if anyone wants to play a member of the Athar, Dustmen, Fated or Xaositect factions, or if you want to see exactly how different players with different character philosophical agendas attempt to play through this multi-chapter scenario of the war between the factions of Sigil. We're in the midst of character creation now, so you can still join in.
Last edited June 3, 2023 2:40 pm
Jun 3, 2023 2:48 pm
Part of me wants to play, but I'm not sure since I've read parts of Faction War before and have GMed so much of Planescape (and will be running Faction War in my current game even though it's a LONG way out.)

I can throw a Dustman or a Fated though if those things don't concern you.
Jun 3, 2023 3:42 pm
I need a Dustmen buddy who summons undead that I can boost with the oathbreaker's aura....? :)
Jun 3, 2023 5:50 pm
I suppose an orc necromancer might be in order. Will have to dig in on the build later.
Jun 3, 2023 6:11 pm
If there's room and this doesn't step on toes, I could throw together a Chaosman Wild Magic Barbarian.

Actually, on second thought, I think I'm at my limit for games. But I hope this one goes splendidly!
Last edited June 3, 2023 6:26 pm
Jun 4, 2023 12:48 am
Sending both of you invites! Alordis I'm really happy we're both running Planescape, yours is way broader so I imagine you'll only get to the war later. I think even if you knew the plot, you can still consider whether playing through it from the lens of a faction member makes a difference.

@cowleyc I've dropped you an invite to browse anyway! I suffer from the same problem, I think we all do!
Jun 5, 2023 9:50 am
At my limit but always wanted to play through this- love the philosophical aspect to Planescape. If your game was public I would enjoy the read- but I get thats not everyones cup of tea. Good luck!
Jun 6, 2023 4:06 pm
SenorDeebs says:
At my limit but always wanted to play through this- love the philosophical aspect to Planescape. If your game was public I would enjoy the read- but I get thats not everyones cup of tea. Good luck!
Oh I'd be happy to invite people to read along, and most of my games will be set to public anyway (with player consent, or unless it has darker themes). Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Jun 6, 2023 11:49 pm
I'd like to apply to join this campaign if there's still room.
Jun 12, 2023 5:54 pm
Same!

I would like to also apply if you have space! I'm finally done with my exams and are up to start a new game!

If you do, could you please tell me which factions are available/taken, depending on the shorter list...☺️
Jun 13, 2023 3:03 pm
Hi @retsamerol and @Bubbles, thanks for your interest. I have exactly one spot left at this point, to play a PC belonging to the Athar faction. Dibs goes to retsamerol because you messaged a couple of days before Bubbles did. Let me know if you’re still up for it.
Jun 13, 2023 3:19 pm
That is absolutely fair, thanks for the answer!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.