Greetings

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 14, 2023 2:59 pm
Hello everyone. Thought I'd pop in and say hi.

I'm, clearly, new to GP and have never had a chance to try any tabletop gaming.

I've dipped my toe into PbP before but that must've been about 15 years ago. I've always enjoyed RPGs, more for the RP part and considerably less for the action bit. In terms of systems, I've come cross DnD - editions 2, 3 and 3.5 I think - via some of those games, but I'm happy to look at others

I hope to run into some of you in the days to come. On that note, I'll shut up and go look up some guides.
Jun 14, 2023 3:00 pm
Welcome to GP!
Jun 14, 2023 3:21 pm
Hi and welcome palemantle.
Jun 14, 2023 3:32 pm
Welcome!
Jun 14, 2023 5:45 pm
Welcome, palemantle!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jun 14, 2023 5:46 pm
Welcome to the fold!
Jun 14, 2023 5:51 pm
Welcome :)
Jun 14, 2023 6:29 pm
Hello and welcome :)
Jun 14, 2023 7:06 pm
Welcome Aboard!

What's the kanji in your avatar pic translate to in English?
Jun 15, 2023 1:25 am
Welcome to the community, palemantle. Sounds like you have some experience playing RPGs by post, but not live at a table, is that right?

Len

Jun 15, 2023 1:50 am
Welcome to the community!
Jun 15, 2023 2:09 am
Thanks everyone. I'll be sure to check out all the resources/guides here.

@witchdoctor: Nothing too clever on the avatar front, I'm afraid. It just reads "PM". Banal, I know.

@Harrigan, that's about right. I have plenty of experience with old school CRPGs. I've done a bit of playing by posting - say a handful of months - but am rather out of touch with all of it.

Thanks again for the welcome.
Jun 15, 2023 2:21 am
Welcome to GP, Palemante!
Jun 15, 2023 7:17 am
Welcome
Jun 15, 2023 10:12 am
Welcome.
What is the story with your avatar? I recognizes one as a rune, but the other one is decently not a rune
Jun 15, 2023 10:25 am
runekyndig says:
Welcome.
What is the story with your avatar? I recognizes one as a rune, but the other one is decently not a rune
There goes any sense of mystique my avatar might have :) Well, I've got quite a few fonts installed including ones for elvish script, runes and so on. So I typed up "PM" in a text editor, picked one that seemed to evoke runic elements, took a screengrab, edited and voila.
Jun 15, 2023 11:53 am
palemantle says:
runekyndig says:
Welcome.
There goes any sense of mystique my avatar might have :) Well, I've got quite a few fonts installed including ones for elvish script, runes and so on. So I typed up "PM" in a text editor, picked one that seemed to evoke runic elements, took a screengrab, edited and voila.
Ah makes sense :)
In the old futhark runes there were no horizontal lines, because when you scratch runes into a piece of wood, if you make a line with the wood grain, it will disappear. You have to cross the grains to keep the lines visible.

And yes, runekyndig is danish for knowledgeable about runes or skilled with runes :D
Jun 17, 2023 2:06 am
runekyndig says:

Ah makes sense :)
In the old futhark runes there were no horizontal lines, because when you scratch runes into a piece of wood, if you make a line with the wood grain, it will disappear. You have to cross the grains to keep the lines visible.

And yes, runekyndig is danish for knowledgeable about runes or skilled with runes :D
That is very cool and is stuff I had no knowledge of at all. The font I've used here is called
[ +- ] Spoiler
(apologies if I shouldn't be name-checking that for IP/other reasons). I'm thinking it has issues because it's got horizontal strokes aplenty.
Jun 18, 2023 11:11 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
Jun 24, 2023 4:27 pm
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.