Drego Kiminn

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 23, 2023 12:19 pm

Drego Kiminn - Episode I

Jun 25, 2023 9:13 am
Darkness - there was nothing but darkness for a brief moment. Suddenly, flashes of blue light filled the void - blaster fire.

Voices could be heard yelling yet only a few sentences were clear - "Get them! Kill the Jedi! No survivors!"

In the darkness, another light appeared - a green blade with a familiar hum to those that lived in a more civilized time - a lightsaber.

Clashes between the weapon of the Jedi and the blaster bolts were followed by heavy breathing.

The imagery flashed in and out until there was emptiness once again. What felt like a lifetime of silence was broken by the sound of a familiar voice, "Drego...run!"
Drego's eyes opened as he shot up within his bed, his clothes drenched with sweat and a bead slid down his brow - another nightmare. The young man's breathing was heavy so he closed his eyes and placed a hand on his chest to calm himself. In and out - deep breath after deep breath his heart rate began to slow back down to its normal rhythm.

The nightmares hadn't stopped since the day the Order fell. Night after night he was plagued in his sleep. Drego often wondered when he would eventually attain some peace, but alas he had a full day of work ahead of him - there was no time to worry about the possibilities of the future. So, he got up from his bed and began to freshen up for the day.

https://i.imgur.com/h144RYn.jpg

Drego lived a quiet life on the planet Lah'mu. He made a living as a farmer on a small plot of land that he could only afford after years as a scrapper on several junkyard planets. It wasn't a lot but he was able to live in seclusion where no one would know who he really is or where he really came from.

On market days, Drego would regularly visit the cantina in the small settlement not far from his farm. The Rambling Rancor was filled with muffled conversations that contained gossip and the like. Drego would make his way to the bar where a young human woman around his age would ask, "Drego! How was your market day? Make any good profits?"

"Meh, could've been better. I'm able to eat for another week so I'm happy with that. How have you been, J'en?", Drego replied.

"I've been good, thank you for asking. Made some pretty good credits today with all the regulars coming in. What are you having today? Usual bantha milk?" Drego nodded and looked around the cantina before thanking J'en for the drink. As he sipped on the creamy blue drink, he could overhear an older Twi'lek speaking in a low tone to a human male in one of the booths, "...heard from a little bird that there was an imperial ship seen on the planet a few days ago. Heard they were planning on taking our land to make room for more facilities after they killed that Urso fellow. Galen was it? That was years ago now, but I guess they saw the potential of this planet after that happened."

The man scoffed, "Bloody Empire, they've taken enough of the galaxy as it is. They couldn't have just left us alone?"

"The Empire...here? No...just rumors, can't possibly be true," Drego thought to himself. He came to Lah'mu with the hopes that he could escape the Empire and not run into them. J'en saw the worried look that now painted Drego's face and she asked, "Everything okay, Dre?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I'm good. Just anxious about next season."

"I'm sure everything will be fine, Dre. One day at a time! You're a great farmer and we all have plenty of time on our hands. Patience is key after all in your line of work!"

"Yeah, you're right...hey, I'd better be getting home. Getting pretty late and I need to wake up early. Those crops aren't gonna grow themselves. Goodnight, J'en. I'll see you later." Drego would place his credits owed on the bar and got up to leave, offering J'en a smile with her giving one back.
That night - the same nightmare happened again. Drego awoke in the same panic but this time, there was a heavy banging on the door.

"Open up!"

At first, Drego thought it was someone from the settlement but the voice sounded different. His eyes widened at the realization that the voice was contorted by a voice modulator. Flashes of his nightmare came again during his wake as he heard, "Imperial business! Open up before we knock these doors down!"

You do not have permission to post in this thread.