Heist the Colours 2: Now in Space (OOC)

load previous
Sep 1, 2023 7:01 pm
Airshark says:
Drive a forklift. +dex or +edu? Or maybe both.
Never both. :)

EDU is always a weird one, ask yourself 'were you specifically trained/taught to do this', if so then EDU can apply, else probably DEX, or maybe even INT?
Sep 1, 2023 7:04 pm
Since Lio also has the mechanic skill too I would say edu applies. He would have driven a forklift before.
The drive wheeled skill (in my mind) applies to more ordinary and military vehicles.
Sep 1, 2023 7:11 pm
Airshark says:
... Since Lio also has the mechanic skill too I would say edu applies. He would have driven a forklift before. ...
Makes sense. Go for it.

It is Average (8+) (as most things are unless there is a reason for them to be different) but remember that you can choose to take your time and add +2.
Airshark says:
... The drive wheeled skill (in my mind) applies to more ordinary and military vehicles. ...
Yeah. It is probably the closest, but I would also have accepted Track or even Walker for what they use to load stuff here if a player wanted.
Sep 10, 2023 9:11 pm
I think we can skip the Ronny/Lio story to where we meet up with the rest again?
Sep 10, 2023 9:16 pm
We can assume you tell Bob as much as you want, and define exactly what if it becomes relevant.

We are waiting for Raf's actions to see if the cargo bay doors are open and you can just fly in, or if you need to approach differently. But we will make assumptions and skip ahead after the weekend regardless.
Sep 10, 2023 9:21 pm
vagueGM says:
We are waiting for Raf's actions to see if the cargo bay doors are open
Ah. Right. :)
Ready to head to the next scene when that's possible!
Sep 11, 2023 8:07 am
Just reading all your posts and will be posting in RP myself in the moment. Sorry, I had very busy week and am not able to play at weekends, but this one should be better:)
Sep 11, 2023 1:44 pm
Pedrop says:
(OOC in RP) ... canceling vacc suit patently with bonus from previous task ...
Bonus and penalties don't technically 'cancel' each other, so the roll is actually `+2-2` and it can help to include those, 'for clarity'.

Then we ignore it. No problem, there. It is not your first time in Zero-G, so, while you still need a week or so to acclimate (each time, by the rules), it just makes your life more awkward rather than causing direct problems.

Youtube - Tom Scott - This is how zero-g flights actually work (vomit comet)
Pedrop says:
(OOC in RP) ... Raf will not risk making his friends wait... (so let's hope, that this "rush" won't bite Raf back... ;) ...
Missed it by one. Maybe a little wait would have looked better in the long-run? :)
Sep 12, 2023 10:51 pm
vagueGM says:

Bonus and penalties don't technically 'cancel' each other, so the roll is actually `+2-2` and it can help to include those, 'for clarity'.
Great remark! I will do it from now on.

Youtube - Tom Scott - This is how zero-g flights actually work (vomit comet)
Interesting video, thanks!
Quote:

Missed it by one. Maybe a little wait would have looked better in the long-run? :)
Most probably... especially as player I agree... but it wouldn't be in Raf's style... ;)
Sep 15, 2023 2:05 am
Airlock install:
Being a Mechanic, Lio could help Raf. But he is hesitant putting on the vac suit.
Sep 15, 2023 7:13 am
Maybe Ronny can help with the suit?
Sep 15, 2023 12:15 pm
If we don't hear from Raf before the weekend we can maybe assume it gets installed and move on?
If it becomes relevant later we can roll to see if the install did anything to the ship that costs you.
Sep 17, 2023 4:15 pm
Given how the weekend is almost over, we can leave it another day or so and see if Raf can get it done soon?
Sep 18, 2023 5:14 pm
Being quite Busy myself, I don't mind the slower pace at this moment. ☺️
Sep 22, 2023 7:00 am
Sorry for the delay on my end as well. I've got more time again starting today.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.