Anime

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 11, 2016 7:05 am
I'm looking for an Anime themed game, I'm running two but I'd like a third.
Aug 11, 2016 7:21 am
You can look for Anima: Beyond fantasy, wonderful artwork, great Final fantasy/Anime feel and nearly impossible to play without a calculator.
Aug 11, 2016 7:55 am
I mean on here, Kind of curious what others have up their sleeves.
Aug 11, 2016 11:34 am
I am reading up on Big Eyes small mouth... Trying to understand it more. At some point i would like to put something together however currently i do not have the time.

However very interested in doing it.
Last edited August 11, 2016 11:34 am
Aug 11, 2016 11:53 am
Definitely something I'd be interested in.
Aug 11, 2016 4:08 pm
Does it have to be serious? Maid RPG was fun...
Aug 11, 2016 4:11 pm
Remnant says:
Does it have to be serious? Maid RPG was fun...
I'm all about the silly and currently running Maid so playing one would be fun.
Aug 11, 2016 4:15 pm
I would love to run/play one of these type of games. Its currently on my to-do list, either run a Maid-RPG or something similar (such as Grandcrest or Ryuutama).
Aug 11, 2016 4:33 pm
teaanddice says:
I would love to run/play one of these type of games. Its currently on my to-do list, either run a Maid-RPG or something similar (such as Grandcrest or Ryuutama).
Not sure what those are.
Aug 11, 2016 4:36 pm
Handle ran the last one I was in on her but it kind of petered out.
Aug 11, 2016 4:37 pm
DKDBSD says:
teaanddice says:
Not sure what those are.
More translated Japanese TTRPGs, Ryuutama actually won an award recently, I believe. It is more of an exploratory Roleplaying game with a combat system based off of Final Fantasy's turn based system.
Aug 11, 2016 4:47 pm
Serious or funny depends of what the players want. I think if i do it i would have a world building and character building and work on it together. Can't run a serious campaign if players want to be silly and visa versa.
Aug 11, 2016 4:51 pm
Kjmagle says:
Serious or funny depends of what the players want. I think if i do it i would have a world building and character building and work on it together. Can't run a serious campaign if players want to be silly and visa versa.
Absolutely. It seems, though, that for an Anime campaign the GM should always lean slightly to the absurd. It is based of Japanimation, so chaos is bound to happen. Though (just to refute my own point :) you can still be serious and absurd versus humorous and absurd.
Last edited August 11, 2016 4:51 pm
Aug 11, 2016 4:56 pm
Indeed you need to find a balance.
Aug 12, 2016 2:33 pm
Ascobol says:
You can look for Anima: Beyond fantasy, wonderful artwork, great Final fantasy/Anime feel and nearly impossible to play without a calculator.
Anima is fantastic, but you definitely have to crunch some numbers to play.
Aug 12, 2016 3:08 pm
Mekton? Zoids? Mascot-Tan? Aegis? Aki? clover? Dive Into the Sky? DoubleCross? Fate Nasuverse? Golden Sky Stories? Magical Girls The Game? OVA? Ryuutama? Slime Story? Tenra Basho Zero? Tinkers Damn? Wasuremonogatari? Take your pick... :P
Aug 12, 2016 3:34 pm
kalajel says:
Mekton? Zoids? Mascot-Tan? Aegis? Aki? clover? Dive Into the Sky? DoubleCross? Fate Nasuverse? Golden Sky Stories? Magical Girls The Game? OVA? Ryuutama? Slime Story? Tenra Basho Zero? Tinkers Damn? Wasuremonogatari? Take your pick... :P
I'll look at what evers going and Magical girl game? Shouldn't be surprised yet I am.
Last edited August 12, 2016 3:34 pm
Aug 12, 2016 3:58 pm
oh damn! I just remembered another game I played a very long time ago called teenagers from outer space. it's all about the magical girl/boy genre
Aug 12, 2016 4:14 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
oh damn! I just remembered another game I played a very long time ago called teenagers from outer space. it's all about the magical girl/boy genre
Yeah, I also have the pdf somewhere on my HD... damn, I own way too many RPG pdfs... Is it normal that my RPG folder weights 158 gbs? XD
Aug 12, 2016 5:04 pm
The Sailor Moon RPG is enjoyable... don't judge I played a High School Newspaper Editor and I looked Fabulous (Only with my glasses off).

@kalajel If you enjoy playing them, they're organized the way you like and you have them backed up I say keep doing... it'll likely get bigger as time goes on though.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.