OOC Thread for this game

Aug 11, 2023 12:31 pm
Usual stuff:)
Aug 12, 2023 8:36 am
Hi! Glad you are here! As general rule of mine, I don’t play at weekends. So will continue preparations for this game on Monday. Meanwhile do you have any ideas for the backstory? Please write them here. I do have some but will have to think about them a little longer on Monday.
Aug 18, 2023 4:05 am
Perhaps an entity similar to the WEF holds sway with the majority of governments and they enforce strict laws on people in western nations, so the elites can afford to live their lavish lives as the lowly slaves own nothing. A separatist group somewhere? starts to wage guerrilla war
Aug 23, 2023 10:50 am
OOC:
I hope you have subscribed to this forum and that you are still here on GP - sorry for my delays. Had a very busy period...
You don't like WEF? ?

I think we can become friends! :) Good to hear more and more people are talking about them!

I think your ideas are quite inline with our Traveller world - as it was generated by characters creation - in similar way. Same cult is causing the civil war in the system/planet. So I think we can go with that.

I have proposed this map for this game: Map as it seems interesting, but we can go with other if you have something in mind/prepered?

Considering taking this map, I would say this is a factory where the cult/WEF is making some new kind of armors for their private army - officially presented as "police forces". And one side will be this separatist group you mentioned. Any ideas for their name?

And the other would be simply the security guards squad working at the factory, but not the ordinary ones - from some regular security company - but the selected people that are the cult supporters, maybe brainwashed, maybe fanatics?

If we are going with that: I think there should be less guards (in their numbers), but with slightly better equipment and the Separatist should have more people in the squad but a little low on quality, but with some unconventional devices available.

What do you think about those ideas? You have different ones? In the case you would like them - what side are you more interested in?

Next step would be - after us choosing the scenerio and sides - building our squad. I will provide info how to do it with Space W rules - when the story will be ready.
Aug 31, 2023 4:23 am
Haha no, I don't particularly care for them.

What about like a vaccine manufacturing facility they're trying to sabotage? (Maybe not bc the map isnt very friendly to that idea, though it could be a smaller facility). Or like a cloning facility where they grow humans for their organs/babies for their stem cells

And yeah I'm cool with playing either side, no worries.

Do you have a pdf for the game? If not I'll try to look on the trove
Sep 4, 2023 9:07 am
orkneyinga says:
Haha no, I don't particularly care for them.
Oh... ;) But no problem with that as this is one of those subject that I really hope to be wrong about (but probably I am not :( ).
orkneyinga says:
What about like a vaccine manufacturing facility they're trying to sabotage? (Maybe not bc the map isnt very friendly to that idea, though it could be a smaller facility). Or like a cloning facility where they grow humans for their organs/babies for their stem cells

And yeah I'm cool with playing either side, no worries.

Do you have a pdf for the game? If not I'll try to look on the trove
In traveller terms we are mostly at 9 maybe 10 Technology Level - so still cloning wouldn't be so common, but probably possible. So I would prefer the vaccine idea or - as there are human-like figures on the map - I thought they could be some king of mannequins on which this new kind of armor is produced/manufactured. So vaccines or armors? You choose on this:)

I have just send you the link to pdf with the rules - with an assumption that if you ever choose to use those in your own games - you will by it from the author:) (it's about 5$ on DriveThroughRPG).

I will try to walk us through the band creation process in coming days. I also don't have specific preferences so will just roll the die: 2-5 I'm getting the separatist 6-9 I'm going for the guards:) On 1 you have to roll/choose, on 10 we introduce 3rd group/unit that will go by the solo rules... Hear you soon!

Rolls

Separatist or Fanatic Guards? - (d10, RA)

(4) = 4

Sep 4, 2023 9:08 am
So... separatists for me. Will have to think bout their theme:)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.