CH 5 : Cursed Cemetery of Paphos

load previous
Nov 6, 2023 1:38 pm
OOC:
Assuming everyone is content to wait in the room
The undead change course and continue to pursue Nuada, the only visible tarted to them at this time other than the light shininig out fromm the doorway. As the run with their shambling steps more undead raise up out of the grass to join them. There are now 3 undeat that hurl dark energies at Nuada

Rolls

Death Touch (disadvantage) - Nuada AC 23 - (2d20L1+5, 2d4+3, 2d20L1+5, 2d4+3, 2d20L1+5, 2d4+3)

2d20L1+5 : (64) + 5 = 9

2d4+3 : (13) + 3 = 7

2d20L1+5 : (165) + 5 = 10

2d4+3 : (34) + 3 = 10

2d20L1+5 : (13) + 5 = 6

2d4+3 : (44) + 3 = 11

Nov 6, 2023 1:41 pm
Round:3 / Marvin 0 / Nuada 0 / Stryker 0 / Jax:0 / Klim:0 / Belzin:0
Nuada realized if they had stayed still the undead would have all crossed the same path and thus disturbed fewer graves and thus raised fewer of their neighbors to join the stampede.
Nov 6, 2023 1:51 pm
OOC:
Can I see any of the zombies or are they out of range dude to darkness?
Nov 6, 2023 2:12 pm
OOC:
Everyone indicated they returned to the building so there are only a few in the doorway. The undead are still not down to where they are in line of sight yet. Arrange yourselves in the room as you wish. If you block the door only 1 or 2 of you will be able to reach the undead. If you stand back a bit more can enter but then more of you can engage them as well.
The yellow transparent are is the light and that is all that the halflings can target.
Next time if you want to do something like this then Nuada can state his retreating action plan so I can go though all the rounds untill the main party is engages as well. As it is we are stepping through things.

For the new guys,the party explains that waling off the trail causes undead to raise out of their burial plots that you cross over. The undead can also disturb other and cause them to raise as well though they do this with less frequency than the living
Nov 6, 2023 2:21 pm
OOC:
Was thinking of casting an AoE on the group.
It will be better to wait till When they are tigher group.
Nov 6, 2023 2:24 pm
OOC:
I have placed Belzin where I plan for him to be. To the rest of the party, I have an idea. Below is an image of where I think we could put a wall of fire (my last spell slot). I could hold my action until Nauda is on the right side of the line and then cast the spell. The wall is opaque, so we would not be able to see through it, but all enemies would take 5d8 fire damage as they charge us. The dex save on the spell is only for when the wall appears. after that, the fire damage is automatic. This way, all enemies will be somewhat hurt and be easier to take down. By putting it in the diagonal like I did, any smart undead that try to go down so they can flank us using the other entrance would still have to go through the fire.

Thoughts?
[ +- ] Idea for Wall of Fire Placement
Last edited November 6, 2023 3:05 pm
Nov 6, 2023 3:33 pm
OOC:
Hold off on the wall... we actually want the undead to reach us. Since they seem to be controlled by an intelligence, I suspect that once the wall goes up you will get a few but they will not continue to throw themselve into the fire mindlessly.

Everyone should also probably back up a little to give Nuada plenty of room to get in. If we position ourselves properly we can let just couple of them in at a time to be trashed by all of us at the same time.

Keep in mind that we really only have one good exit out. Need to make sure that no one circles around to that door! I might

Does anyone have a firebolt cantrip?
Last edited November 6, 2023 3:37 pm
Nov 6, 2023 4:10 pm
Nuada is exited to fight
OOC:
And I try to get undead in a dense group
He suddenly change direction moving toward closes undead and attack it with sword using the gloves to reach him from 15 feet, then moves NE.
OOC:
Quite a mess with damage rolls as I have extra damage from both radiant potion and gloves
[ +- ] Movement and attack

Rolls

Nuada: Moon touched shortsword to hit - (1d20+8)

(8) + 8 = 16

Nuada: Moon touched shortsword damage - (1d6+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Nuada: Acid damage (Glove) damage - (1d4-1)

(3) - 1 = 2

Nuada: Radian damage (potion) damage - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Nuada: Moon touched shortsword to hit - (1d20+8)

(15) + 8 = 23

Nuada: Moon touched shortsword damage - (1d6+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Nuada: Acid damage (Glove) damage - (1d4-1)

(1) - 1 = 0

Nuada: Radian damage (potion) damage - (1d4)

(4) = 4

Nov 6, 2023 4:28 pm
Jax takes out a vial of radiant water and applies it to his sword as he watches Nuada act as vanguard. Need some help out there Nuada? He asks, feeling the urge to join the fray but holding himself back to not ruin the plan.
Nov 6, 2023 4:30 pm
They’re pretty packed together. What’s say I soften the up? Klim says, offering to cast an AoE spell on the horde.
Nov 6, 2023 5:26 pm
Stryker growls at the elf’s overconfidence, not really worried about the lesser mob of undead, but the intelligence guiding them. Those ones in the back…they are the true threat.

"Hold off on the big guns, He’s overconfident but not stupid. If it gets too hot, he’ll rejoin us. Let’s see if we can give him some cover in the meantime."

Looking at Jax, "I don’t think arrows are going to do much good against theses things. New guys! Klim think you can use your magics to put a hurting on those things?

Stryker suggests the spell slinging types coordinate and concentrate firepower, starting with the nearest undead to Nuada or ones he wounded but not killed, and the then the Undead nobles when they come into spell range.

1. Primary Target Undead nobles when they come within spell range
2. Primary Target, Undead wounded by Nuada but not killed
3. Secondary Target Undead near Nuada
Nov 6, 2023 6:00 pm
Marvin looks out into the darkness still not seeing the oncoming horde. "I can't see shit. He draws his bow and cast light on an arrow. He gets ready to fire it once he sees some of the horde.
OOC:
The only AOE I have to help are effects not damage. I have entangle, faire fire, Slow and Confusion.

Rolls

Marvin: Shortbow - Attack - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Marvin: Shortbow - Damage - (1d6+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Nov 6, 2023 6:02 pm
Belzin returns to the door. "Sounds good! I don't like standing here watching a friend fight and not help them!" He then starts firing as Stryker instructed.

Rolls

Belzin: Eldritch Blast to hit - (1d20+7)

(5) + 7 = 12

Belzin: Eldritch Blast damage - (1d10+4Force)

(1) + 4 = 5

Belzin: Eldritch Blast to hit - (1d20+7)

(3) + 7 = 10

Belzin: Eldritch Blast damage - (1d10+4Force)

(4) + 4 = 8

Nov 6, 2023 6:38 pm
OOC:
Nuada is using a moontouched sword. There should be some light coming off of it
Nov 7, 2023 1:26 am
Fire in the hole.Klim snaps a finger and casts Fireball once again in the center of the mass of undead.
[ +- ] Fireball (Evk+1act@150'=Instant*VSM)

Rolls

Dc 14 Dex save - (8d6)

(64146215) = 29

Zombie

Psybermagi

Nov 7, 2023 1:45 pm
Zombie
OOC:

+ Grey, just add all damage to 1 roll 1d6+2d4+4 as all your damage types are standard effect on them
+ The Moon Touched Blade does illuminate several targets before nuada moves back. I added its illumination area to the map.
+ If you guys would please post item/spell details in spoilers when you use them, then I don't have to go looking them up on my own, it would be much appreciated.
+ I explained you could not see the undead from your position so moved all who performed ranged attacks outside the door. Only Marvin was at the door but even he had to step out to see the targets.
+ Please move your own tokens the MAP or ask me to if you need help. Juggling everyone and the NPC is more work than fun.
Nuada's strike slashes deep into the undead nearly cutting it into two with the first hit and then finishing it off with the second before he dances back. This is followed quickly by a wild shot from Marvin and a coupe quick bolts from Belzin that nearly finish off another undead. The sudden explosion of Klim's fireball obliterates the undead and several others leaving a bit more than half of them standing though many are nearly blown apart.

They now split with some moving to engage Nuada while the others charge the source of the light and attacks as you step out of the doorway to see your opponents.

Though none of the lesser undead can attack several dark blasts strike at the group with 2 of them striking Klim who unleashed the fireball.

Rolls

Fireball ST DC 14 - (15d20)

(8131841819186182019191497) = 210

DeathTouch Blast Klim AC 13 - (1d20+5, 2d4+3, 1d20+5, 2d4+3, 1d20+5, 2d4+3)

1d20+5 : (10) + 5 = 15

2d4+3 : (33) + 3 = 9

1d20+5 : (16) + 5 = 21

2d4+3 : (31) + 3 = 7

1d20+5 : (6) + 5 = 11

2d4+3 : (14) + 3 = 8

Nov 7, 2023 2:05 pm
Round:4
PC HP% PC HP%
Str 100 Jax 80
Bel 70 Klm 30
Nua 100 Mar 100
NPC AC HP 1 HP 2 HP 3 HP 4
undead 10 1/4 1/4 1/4 1/4
undead noble 12 4/4 4/4 4/4 4/4
undead 10 1/4 1/4 1/4 1/4
undead 10 1/4 4/4 4/4 4/4
[ +- ] Status Tracker
Nov 7, 2023 3:02 pm
Dammit! They got magic! Step in take your shots and back into cover! Limit your exposure and don’t block the doorway after your shot!

Stryker moves for better cover and then takes a moment to bless his staff with the Radiant Water
[ +- ] Radiant Water
Nov 7, 2023 3:21 pm
Belzin is going to cast eldritch blast again, targeting the enemy to the bottom left of Nauda (#1 in the image below). If the darkness means he can't see them, he will attack the one to his left instead (#3 in the image below). He them moves 15 feet back and a little up (to space #2 in the image below).
OOC:
I moved my character to space #2 on the image on the map already. The image contains where he was at the start of his turn. Is this the level of detail you would prefer? If so i can do that, but only from my laptop.
[ +- ] My turn
Last edited November 7, 2023 3:22 pm
Nov 7, 2023 10:16 pm
Seeing Nuada surrounded Mavin steps out of the room and yells. "Your performance is even deader than you are!"
OOC:
Targeting one of these three undeadhttps://i.imgur.com/b8eCGCQ.png
[ +- ] Mockery
[ +- ] Light

Rolls

Mockery. DC 14 Wis Save - (2d4)

(32) = 5

undead SV Mockery DC 14 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.