Webs of Rumors

load previous
Feb 13, 2024 2:01 pm
The Rumormongers in TroubleWesser Romaru
Ruma Sereny Aliquami

Idris Aneirin
The man shakes his head and sighs.
"Trespassing on private property, attempted theft and property damage. He was identified by the victim, an orderly citizen, master Whisper-Of-Boundless-Sky."
OOC:
Absolutely no delay at all! Just wanted a clarification, since Wesser heard the name before - the aelfir is described on the second page of this thread.
Feb 14, 2024 12:24 am
It takes a moment for Wesser to put together the name of the Incarnadine's leader in Ghorryn. If the rumours he'd heard had any grain of truth, falling into the aelfir's bad graces would be an unwise decision. This Maddox tried to break into the temple? He raises an eyebrow at Quiller, seeing if the human gave any sign of recognition as to why his associate might have cause to do so.
Feb 14, 2024 12:07 pm
Before Song says another word, his ears picked up the noise. By quick movement, he stands at the door, gesturing to Crystal to stay out of sight. He hopes to see who enters the room, and will act quick to gag the stranger.
OOC:
Can I roll Evade or Discern for this? Or maybe Mend, as to use my webbing ability.
Feb 15, 2024 9:19 pm
RoAries says:
OOC:
Can I roll Evade or Discern for this? Or maybe Mend, as to use my webbing ability.
OOC:
Discern may be applicable to time the ambush correctly!

Ruma Sereny Aliquami

Quiller
As Wesser raises his eyebrow at Quiller, he sees the fat man raise not one, but two eyebrows back at him.

There is absolute shock on the man's face from the fact that his close associate did something that would probably be very much expected from him in this line of work.
Feb 17, 2024 2:53 am
Song keeps his eyes and nerves ready. Whatever that comes through the door better not alarm the place yet.

Rolls

Base + Discern + Haven - (1d10+1d10+1d10)

(9) + (3) + (9) = 21

Feb 17, 2024 10:56 am
Nonplussed by the human's reaction, Wesser turns back to the lieutenant. "Ah, well, l just came from the temple of Incarne. He is not presently there, so he might be attending the Red Markets at the moment."
Last edited February 17, 2024 10:56 am
Feb 19, 2024 8:15 am
Hall of Forgotten RitesSong-From-Heart

Silence reigns as furtive steps approach the spy's room. Carefully listening in, Song springs forward just as the intruder leans into the door to take a look. Aelfir hands wrap around a man's head as he is dragged into the room, letting out a muffled squeal.
It is a human in his mid 20s, currently with eyes wide from shock and arms weakly trying to free their owner from Song's iron grasp.
Ruma Sereny Aliquami

Idris Aneirin
Idris raises his eyebrows at Wesser's remark.
"Oh five minutes ago he was downstairs with me and your friend, so unless he is REALLY fast, I doubt that."
Feb 22, 2024 10:57 am
A memory flashed back into Song as his wrestles with the young human. He saw himself in darkness, in his hands is one of his victims of his kidnapping days. Their identities blur into each other, but he finds that this familiar scene requires a quick dance to make his target compliant...
OOC:
I have an idea that Song could find a convenient object nearby in the room to knock the guy out, or he gives a strike at the back of his head with his hands, or he gives him a neck snap, during a tight spinning dance.
Feb 23, 2024 12:33 am
Ruma, who had tried her best not to look lost in thought, sparked back to attentiveness.

"Wait, the Incarnadine priest was here, right now? You are certain?"
Feb 28, 2024 7:29 pm

The young man was an apprentice of knowledge, not fighting. His background left him unprepared for Song's battle dance and his arms soon went limp.
OOC:
Feel free to choose whether the man is unconscious or dead, Song's previous success allows him to choose how he wants the man incapacitated!

After the monk is taken care of, what are the next steps? Would it be the library, exiting the Hall or something completely different?

Ruma Sereny Aliquami

Idris Aneirin
The lieutenant raises his eyebrows at Ruma's question.
"Are you hard of hearing? That's what I just said."
Mar 5, 2024 10:02 pm
"Well, then, perhaps we can have a word with him and sort things out," Wesser says. "No harm in that."
Mar 6, 2024 11:29 am
Song gives the young man a near-lethal concussion with his ferocious waltz. As he lay his unconscious dance partner down, he also checks his breath. It is shallow, but present. The fellow probably could wake up by the time he is out of this Haven.

The ex-kidnapper then goes over to his still living and frightened victim. He gives the monk a slap on the shoulder as he leans in to give frantic whisper.

"Your life remains in my hands,
So move upon my demands.
To the library we will go,
Quietly, and don't be slow."

With that, he tugs the poor gnoll towards the door out, giving a quick glance to Crystal.
Mar 6, 2024 8:43 pm
Ruma Sereny Aliquami

Idris Aneirin
With his arms still crossed, the lieutenant gives Wesser a long stare.
"Probably easier to do it here than have you wait for the man and have to deal with another assault report. Wait here."

Idris then leaves the trio in the company of the remaining Hounds. Once he comes back a few minutes later, he seems somewhat disgusted.
"Master Whisper will see to you soon."
Whisper-Of-Boundless-Sky
It takes almost half an hour before the aelfir emerges. Whisper-Of-Boundles-Sky is tall even for aelfir standards and stands with impeccable posture. His dark, slick hair is brushed backwards, revealing a pair of eyes glowing in deep red. A tattoo with an Incarnadine marking adorns his forehead.
His attire is minimalist, but extremely well fitting, consisting of a sleek leather jacket with a high collar and pants of the same material, both hiding most of the man's pale skin. There doesn't seem to be a weapon on him, but Ruma notices that his gloves were made of shadow silk - an extremely luxurious material, obtainable only from the dread spiders of Aliquam.
"Hello. I believe you asked to see me."
His voice is like velvet, measured and with perfect intonation, softly whispering of luxuries one could attain by working for this man.
[ +- ] Whisper-Of-Boundless-Sky

The Monk
The gnoll nods vehemently and moves towards the corridor and then back through the stairs.
Mere moments later, the two aelfir and the monk stand in front of a double door back on the ground floor. Here, the hostage stops and whispers.

"The library is behind the door - there will probably be more of us there."
Mar 8, 2024 12:51 am
The thought of handling groups of monks who knows various self defence techniques flew into Song's head, and he quietly cursed to himself for letting his recklessness brought him to this barrier.

That is when he recalled a tactic he had earlier...
OOC:
I want Song to have stripped the robes from the young man to wear as a disguise. Crystal can have the dead gnoll's one, if he can stomach it.

Can I have retroactively done that, or its too late?
Mar 9, 2024 10:45 am
OOC:
Song could have also just gone back and do that retroactively, thus I will allow it. Crystal would take some clothes from the spy's wardrobe.
With their features hidden in monk cowls, the aelfir enter the library behind the hostage monk.

https://i.imgur.com/wKU7QSf.jpg

The immediate realization is that this room seems much bigger than it should. In fact, it feels like the library is bigger than the whole building.
There are a few monks and nuns around, usually sitting next to a book or working on some type of a scripture. They give the newcomers a disgusted look for disrupting their work, but otherwise nobody pays the aelfir much attention, unless they approach closer. Thus, the library is Song's for the taking.
OOC:
Song would find the following volumes!

1) A volume allowing Song to successfully receive a Minor advance
2) A book describing a previously unknown Ancient God of the Aelfir - leaving it up to you whether you wish to create one or leave it up to me!
3) Where all prayers meet - a theoretical tractate analyzing how can there be hundreds of religions in Spire and Heart without one of them prevailing over the other. Successful Discern+Occult roll in a safe space may reveal new information about the nature of Heart or Spire
Mar 11, 2024 9:10 pm
"Yes, I'm sorry to intrude on your time. I'm sure you're quite busy."

She does her usual greeting with a slight bow and the sweep of a hat.

"But we do have a rather urgent need to discuss our mutual acquaintance, I'm afraid."
Mar 13, 2024 10:45 pm
Ruma Sereny Aliquami

Whisper-Of-Boundless-Sky
Whisper-Of-Boundless-Sky nods in response to the greeting.

"Then introduce both yourself and your agenda, so that we can see what can be done about your acquaintance."
Mar 20, 2024 4:52 am
OOC:
I'll assume Song can take all three.
Song grew giddy with excitement at all these secret tomes that he will get to steal away for himself. However, he keeps himself focused on identifying through. There are a few of the books that caught his eye, ones that should help him with the delirious vision he has. With his head down and eyes and ears on alert, he began to clutch three of the books he have chosen close to his chest, and redirect the Gnoll out of the library. His plan now is to walk back to the secret basement entrance. If there are anyone that is around, he will try to take another route to not look suspicious.
OOC:
I'll think on the book names when I chose my next minor advance, and maybe even decide on the nature of the aelfir god. Though I am thinking that it could be somewhat connected to the Goddesses his party found from the graves. Maybe their father or uncle or something. Not sure if there is an existing family tree of the pantheon.
Last edited March 20, 2024 5:00 am
Mar 20, 2024 9:56 pm

The Monk
Seeing Song taking the books towards the door, the monk closes in to whisper into the aelfir's ears.
"My lord... It is forbidden to bring books out of the library."
OOC:
Understood, all three books it is!

As for the ancient gods, there are no more gods mentioned in the canon (at least to my knowledge), therefore you are free to be as creative as you'd like with the additional one!
Mar 22, 2024 12:31 am
"Straight to the point, then - as the primary witness in this case, we'd like to come to a mutual understanding regarding Mister Quiller, whom I'd very much like to see a free man."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.