WhiteDwarf / Ander An’Derson

Nov 12, 2023 1:37 am
Welcome @WhiteDwarf

This thread is for your character creation. Take a look at welcome and character creation.

If you have any questions you can post them here or if you think they are general on the Q&A
Nov 12, 2023 7:51 pm
Should be good to go! Thanks so much.
Nov 13, 2023 12:36 am
Added details to the traits you selected.
You only start with 1 weapon and light armor (chain shirt is fine)
Any questions?
If you let me know how/why you began adventuring out from civilized lands I can create a thread for you
Nov 13, 2023 12:46 am
One weapon, sword; removed mace. No questions.
Ander began adventuring in order to prove his mettle beyond noble birth. He wants the common people to see him as a hero (modified my Belief in that regard). He comes forth from civilized lands on his own accord, knowing his family (House An’Derson) would otherwise coddle him and keep him from doing something worthwhile with his life. So comes our knightly fellow to make his heroic destiny!
Nov 13, 2023 7:59 pm
You story starts here
Nov 29, 2023 5:38 am
OK, tutorial is over. If you want to stick around Ander gets another trait, like shield bearer (2d6 on evade rolls) or weapon mastery (3d6 on attacks with 1 weapon).

Let me know if you have any questions and if you want to continue vote on the Posting Rate Poll then tell me what you are adding to Ander and I will get you onto your next adventure
Nov 29, 2023 1:04 pm
Weapon Mastery (added to sheet). Voted in poll (1+ per day), I’m good and would love to continue.
Enjoying our game, thank you so much!
Nov 29, 2023 6:10 pm
OOC:
Story Continues Here
Dec 6, 2023 7:27 pm
@daryen,@WhiteDwarf lets discuss the chess piece

Basic Magic Item Parameters
The chess piece is a semi sentient magical construct/golem
It has a perfect memory and has over time built a personality composite of its bearers that talk with it.
It can hear and feel but due to its nature it sense of touch is limited, but it can feel things like motion, impact, etc
It can speak but only those holding it can hear it.
It can shake/vibrate to get the attention of it bearer as long as it in on their person or in a container they are touching but can not otherwise act/move.

If you have suggestions/requests to change the above let me know
I leave it to you two to determine appearance and other aspects.
Dec 6, 2023 7:38 pm
That sounds good to me. Is there a limit on how often it can activate? I assume it will be rather rare, but I just want to know if there is a limit.

I assume it can hear everything that Ander says and pretty much everything he can hear; is that correct?

As for the appearance of the piece, I recommend it is a knight piece. That just seems perfectly on-point for Ander! I suggest it is made out of ivory or marble or something similar. Marble would make it more durable.
Dec 6, 2023 9:07 pm
a cheap little tin figure? dirty, dented and very wise? Lots of real life adventuring tid bits.
vs
a ornate gold and gem encrusted item really good at politics, intrigue, strategy, and lore but sucks at common stuff or answering quickly
vs
a elegant yet durable marble figure that is knowledgeable about many campaigns and military exploits. a good counsel on all things knightley and noble

lots of options
Dec 6, 2023 10:20 pm
I figure that's for WhiteDwarf to decide. I do think the knight piece is perfect for him, but it can be whatever he wants.
Dec 7, 2023 2:30 am
We had it as a King, but Knight is great too. It’s what Ander is, and the piece could represent the ideal of whst he wants to be. I dig it!
Dec 7, 2023 2:51 am
With a King, then it becomes aspirational. What you want to be eventually, rather than what you are now. Or maybe the King could symbolically represent your liege, real or imagined. A King works, too. I still like the symbolism of the Knight, though.
Dec 7, 2023 3:57 am
King Knight
https://i.imgur.com/5f8N4w5.jpg https://i.imgur.com/KYg1gx0.jpg

Pick one or post your own and I will set it up for use
Dec 7, 2023 4:47 am
How about this as a pure chess piece. Plus it's a white knight. :)

Again, the final decision should always be WhiteDwarf's.

https://i.imgur.com/deQjDfU.jpg
Last edited December 7, 2023 4:48 am
Dec 19, 2023 6:03 pm
For the record, based on how you are playing Ander (which is great, BTW!) I am now approaching the Knight's role going forward as your common sense. So, like how Jiminey Cricket was Pinocchio's conscience, the Knight is Ander's common sense (such as I am able to portray that). That seems like it can add to the fun and give me more opportunities for comment. (Not to post more. Just to be able to sustain going forward when you go somewhere I haven't see before.)
Dec 19, 2023 7:56 pm
Yes, makes sense, much appreciated!
Dec 20, 2023 6:20 am
And thank you for letting me do this. I haven't done anything like this before, so it's a fun, new experience for me.
Apr 12, 2024 12:11 am
WhiteDwarf says:

Friends, I am very sorry, but I must withdraw. RL has gotten busy for me, and pulling me away from PbP. I hope everyone is well, and I’m sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Take care.
Take care of yourself. It has been nice to have you in the game and Ander was a fun character. I will leave you in the game a couple of weeks. You can work out with daryn how to handle Ander. Good luck.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.