What Comes Next (RP)

load previous
Mar 10, 2024 9:42 pm
'' I can't shee my own hands in dis thick misd. Any mowre doowrs ovew therwe Albewt?
Roald also notices speaking is difficult with the numb spot on his face. He tries to ignore it.

'' HELLO! INNKEEB! WHERE ARWE YOU?''
Mar 11, 2024 5:08 am
"Are you alright?" Theo asks with some concern over Roald's slurred speech. He sounds OK and has not noticed the effects nearly as badly as Roald and Daryl.

Aside from the minty tingle, Albert has no obvious symptoms either.

From a long why off —or that is how it sounds, though it is only from the next room— you hear a muttered complaint and an exasperated "I'm coming." from the innkeeper's wife and the striking of a match. Then, and much louder, a scream of fear and a swearword. "Jame! Wake up! There is mist in the house!"

You hear a scrambling and the sound of people standing on the bed, followed by more swearing. "That's a lot!" The innkeeper says, sounding panicked.

What do you do?
Mar 11, 2024 10:27 am
"Come with us, up stairs. There is no mist there." Albert orders them. "Quickly! Hold my hand." To the last person in line, now becoming the first, he says "Alright, let's head back up."
Mar 11, 2024 10:34 am
"Upstairs? It's safe upstairs?" The innkeeper demands, shushing his wife as she starts to complain that they told you not to open the windows. "Let's get up there and fix it. We might be OK till dawn."

The two of them latch onto Albert's hand and prepare to follow.

"err... 'K..." Daryl mumbles, but he is sounding worse than before and sways in place. Theo, the next from last in line, has to take him by the arm and make him walk.

What do you do?
Mar 11, 2024 10:52 am
Albert, unaware of the swaying of Daryl, passes his staff down the line to help guide the way. "You can use my stick to find the way and not bump into things." He notices Roald is walking and talking a bit funny. "Everything alright, Roald?" He asks, putting a hand on his shoulder.
Mar 12, 2024 6:59 am
Roald is tugged along by the rope around his waist and follows in line without thinking.
Mar 12, 2024 8:58 pm
Albert presses on, trying his best to get everyone up stairs. "Come on, keep going everyone."
Mar 13, 2024 3:33 am
With a lot of careful shuffling and much swearing and some stubbed toes you make it up the stairs and out of the mist. The innkeeper needed a bit of help up the stairs —after being badgered by his wife to "stop being so proud and ask"— and now sits on a chair in the hall massaging his lame leg.

Now that you are out of the mist the tingle fades, and Daryl and Roald find they can feel their faces and speak clearly once again.

The innkeepers confirm that once the sun is up it is safe to go out again.

'Magical mystical mist effects' reminds you of someone, someone who may be able to help?

It is hours until dawn.

What do you do?
Mar 13, 2024 8:22 am
"Well, since we're stuck here for a few hours. We might as well get some rest." Albert offers after discussing what happened and the nature of the mist with with innkeepers. To the best of their ability, they try to get everyone comfortable enough to sleep.

It doesn't take very long for Albert to drift away. A few hours later he awakes with vivid images of a dream in his head. "Gronk!" He says louder than expected. He walks over to Roald and shakes him awake. "Gronk!" He says again. "The mystic. You've heard of him too, right?"
Mar 13, 2024 8:55 am
Roald is half asleep. Gronk... Gronk ...The name does ring a bell. Roald yawns.
'' yes... But vaguely, at that time I was not very... Alert... Remember? Spending too much time in bars and all.
Didn't he have something to do with thunderstorms? Trying to harvest the lightning? Smart guy but a bit odd too.
I'm not sure about the thunderstorms but it was definitely the weather he was interested in back in the day. ''
Mar 13, 2024 12:26 pm
Humphrey awakes just after the dawn and, having slept through the events of last night, is oblivious to any concern and merely puzzled as to why everyone is upstairs and where the breakfast is.

As promised the morning sun has burned off the mist and it seems safe to go out. At least there is no minty-tingle and Daryl and Roald don't feel anything strange in the face-area.

The innkeepers are glad to see you leave. They provide a sit-down breakfast but nothing for the journey. That's alright since Olmsford it only a few hours away.

Once in Olmsford, Humphrey leads you directly to the quaint, little, two-story house where the carriages reside. From the outside it looks neat and polite. He is intent on getting to work getting his gear repaired.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.