What Comes Next (RP)

load previous
Feb 28, 2024 5:56 pm
"You look completely fine to me. Give it a minute for that sensation to go away." Albert tells Daryl. "You? Die? Don't make me laugh!" He tries to put in a joke, comedy can cure all kinds of illnesses. Then he notices the mist slowly draining away. "This mist is going away now it seems. Watch the floor for any more strange creatures."
Feb 29, 2024 10:08 pm
'' If you are wondering why I opened the window '' Roald says while making weird facial expressions, his skin still feels numb and cold. And while he talks it feels really annoying.
'' Wayne woke me up, he was outside and wanted to climb
in through the window from the balcony... But... There is no balcony. So I took a moment to check how the hell he could be standing outside the window. That must have been when the creature got in''
Feb 29, 2024 10:19 pm
"You... you sure?" Daryl asks Albert nervously. He wants to believe and is trying not to scratch his face.
Mar 2, 2024 7:59 pm
Albert gives Daryl a calming smile. "Of course." Though inside, he's not so sure. What was that thing? And what did it do? It definitely slashed Roald. Albert saw it happen.

"I didn't see Wayne in the hallway. Did he go back out the window?" He asks Roald. "He said he was going home before I came up to sleep."
Mar 3, 2024 9:27 am
'' No, he went out the the door! ... I think...
All of a sudden Roald is doubting his memory.
'' If he has a home, he couldn't be locked out of his room, so,... How...? ''

This is very strange, have I been dreaming?
Mar 3, 2024 11:50 am
Albert was also considering the fact that this may just be a strange dream. But he had definitely felt Raynor's power. Would that be something he could dream of? He wasn't sure.

A pinch of his arm confirms that this is the real world. "We didn't drink too much, did we?" Could it be that someone drugged them? Or was this a side effect from the ritual? But that was a while ago.

"Roald, I'm not sure it's safe to sleep here." He tells his friend in a sudden realization. "I think Wayne wasn't joking. Visitors of this place have been killed at night. Wayne told me, but I didn't think he was serious. I do now." He looks around and notices the last thin layer of mist. "Keep the windows closed, they said... They knew! I think we should wake up the owners."
Mar 3, 2024 6:12 pm
On the upstairs landing you can see that are not enough rooms up here for Wayne to have one, so the story of his getting locked out on the upper floor is becoming even more tenuous.

The owners sleep downstairs, somewhere, you are not sure exactly where. Looking that way, the light of your flickering candle reveals that the heavy mist has poured away... downwards, filling the ground floor to nearly head height.

All is deathly quiet.

What do you do?
OOC:
Did you ever actually check on Theo and Humphrey?
Mar 5, 2024 3:26 pm
Standing in the hallway, the silence is deafening for Roald. He realizes that his friends have no idea of what happened and must still be sleeping... At best.
He quickly opens the door to Theo's room where the last clouds of mist are trickling through the floor the moment he steps in. He goes to the bed and gently shakes the sheets
'' wake up you 2, we've got a situation
Mar 5, 2024 9:13 pm
When the other 2 wake up, Albert explains what's going on and what Wayne said last evening.
Mar 5, 2024 11:05 pm
Theo wakes with a shout, lashing out at Roald, but missing. You know from your trip back to town that he has not been sleeping well since his captivity, and has suffered from nightmares. He is quick to join you, still wearing his night-clothes (as are you all).

Humphrey waves you off drunkenly and falls right back into snoring. It will be an effort to get him up in his condition, and he does not appear to be in immediate danger up here.

The mists has sunk downwards. Those below are probably at greater risk.

What do you do? Do you dare descend into the mist downstairs?
Mar 6, 2024 9:37 pm
Roald looks doubtfully at the mist down the stairs.
'' do you think it is save to descent? What if there are more critters lurking in that mist below?''
Mar 7, 2024 4:39 am
"Um... I don't want to go down there, not without my armour." Daryl says, and you think he may be reclaiming his right to sleep in his armour... even indoors from now on.

Theo has lit a candle and peers down at the roiling sheet of mist in the stairwell. You can't see anything past where the light reflects off it. "We can't leave the innkeeper and his wife in that." He whispers. "Not if there are really things in that mist."

It is possible the mist level has gone down a bit, but you can't be sure without taking some time to measure it.

Below the stairs all is quite, not a sound comes up to meet your ears.

What do you do?
Mar 7, 2024 7:56 am
"I'd say let's open the window to air the place out." Albert says. "But that will only make things worse, won't it? And Raynor's light didn't seem to pierce it very well either." Just like Daryl, he is hesitant to go into the unknown. "Theo is right though, we can't just leave them there."

"I have an idea!" He says after a few seconds and rushes to his room to grab a rope. "Loop this around your waist. That way we won't lose each other in the mist."

Albert grips his staff tightly and takes the first step, submerging his foot in the mist.
Mar 7, 2024 8:03 am
Daryl is among the last to tie himself to the group, after Albert made his plan clear the boy ran to his room and came back with his bare sword in his hand. It looks like he would rather have his armour, but there as not time for that.

Albert, as your foot descends into the mist you feel... nothing, it is not cold or wet or anything. If you closed your eyes you would have no idea there was anything there at all bar the rough grain of the wood beneath your foot.

What do you do?
Mar 7, 2024 8:32 am
"Everyone ready?" Albert heads down and tries to remember the way to where the innkeeper would be. Every now and then he asks everyone to say something to make sure they are still fine.
Mar 8, 2024 9:05 am
Roald, still hesitant, follows in line. As he steps into the mist the spot on his face where the creature scratched him starts feeling colder then before... Or is it?
He opens and closes his jaw, moves it left and right to massage out the numbness.
Mar 8, 2024 9:11 am
"My face feels funny." Daryl says, and his speech sounds a little slurred. You all notice that your lips feel tingly.

Is there a hint of mint?

The main room where you ate is silent, the door that leads out presumably goes to the kitchen and also presumably the owner's room.

What do you do?
Mar 8, 2024 9:13 am
'' Mine too. Let's wake the owners and get back upstairs please. ''
Mar 8, 2024 6:52 pm
"OK" Albert speeds up a bit once everyone is down stairs and opens the door to the kitchen. "Anyone in here?"
Mar 8, 2024 11:45 pm
There is no sound from inside the kitchen.

You can not see the far walls, you can barely see the person tied in front of you or the counters of cooking implements. Presumably the door to the living quarters is to the left, you will need to skirt around to get there.

What do you do?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.