Scheduling/Pacing

Nov 22, 2023 5:49 am
This thread is to provide this post - with general information about the expected pace of the game and known breaks - and for discussing any times where one or more of us know that we'll need to take breaks.

EXPECTED PACE
While I may post more often to other threads, I will be posting the "next move" to the current adventure game thread once a day.

If each of the players responds within that day, I may post a second time that day. For example, if I post an update at 8 AM and everyone has responded by noon, I may post again sometime that same afternoon.

ANTICIPATED BREAKS & ABSENT ACTIONS
There are times when a given player knows that they will be absent: vacations, holidays, scheduled operations, class final exams, etc. Notify us in this thread if you know you won't be able to post to the game on a specific date or date range. In such situations, when one player is going to be absent for a day or more, that player is encouraged to post the dates they will be gone to this thread, and also to post a general guideline for how the character should be played in their absence. For example: "I'm going to be gone 7-10 April. During that time, Beneficence my tiefling warlock will cast eldritch blast at any hostile enemies." or "I'm going to be on a trip for the next week. If I don't post on a given day, assume that Black Dougal uses his action to hide and avoid combat."

In situations where there are multiple players whose breaks overlap, we may schedule a pause for the game.
Nov 22, 2023 5:57 am
Some of the players in this game are in the USA, and this coming weekend (Thursday - Sunday) is a national holiday ("Thanksgiving") in that country. I am not planning to resume the game until Sunday, 26 November, though in the meantime I will be posting to answer any questions, to help refine new characters, and to set the stage for how we are resuming the game/how the story has developed since we last left our heroes.
Dec 24, 2023 4:32 am
Just checking: with the assortment of the holidays that are upon us (at least Christmas, Kwanzaa, and New Year's in the next 8 days), do I need to alter the schedule for the game temporarily? I'm happy to continue with daily posts, but let me know if this will be difficult for you.
We could postpone, or we could reduce the frequency of posts, until January 2. Once every two days, perhaps?

Or, if you're not sure as to your availability, you could supply a "default move" or set of conditional actions that your character will take in this encounter in the off-chance that you are unable to post.

What would work best for you?

Len

Dec 24, 2023 5:03 am
Hi spaceseeker, I may be slower during the next few days, but not significantly. I will put a default move list in my character sheet for combat just in case.
[ +- ] Now on my character sheet...
Last edited December 24, 2023 5:58 am
Dec 24, 2023 5:45 am
I should be able to get at least one post in per day. I know that there will be other commitments as the holidays progress, however.

I don't quite have any default moves, but I can set up an OOC about what I'd like to do in the short term.
Dec 24, 2023 6:18 am
I should be more or less the same as always.
Dec 24, 2023 8:26 am
No changes for me.
Dec 24, 2023 1:42 pm
No changes for me!
Dec 26, 2023 2:40 pm
Now that Christmas is past, I should be good from here :)
Dec 26, 2023 2:43 pm
Hey folks, sorry about my slower pace. I should be able to keep up from here on out.
Dec 30, 2023 4:19 pm
It's been a day and a half. I've been hesitant to continue with combat with only a couple of players responding - particularly with one PC's life in danger - but I also don't want to penalize players who are posting daily.
Tell you what: I'm going to wait a couple of hours longer and then post the results of round four with Albertus and Theran's attacks. Since Xana stated her intent to attack and Kragga has a default attack move in combat, I will proceed with making those rolls for those characters if their players don't post in that time. I figure half of the characters acting in a round is enough to continue. But let me know if you disagree.
Dec 30, 2023 5:14 pm
I'm okay with rolling for absentees, even for myself.
Dec 30, 2023 5:17 pm
Totally okay with you rolling for absentees or even just having them take the dodge action if no other action is obvious for them.

Len

Dec 30, 2023 6:07 pm
Sorry for the delay. Posted now!
Dec 30, 2023 6:35 pm
Fine with you rolling for me as well!
Dec 30, 2023 6:47 pm
You can certainly roll for me if you ever need to keep things moving.
Dec 30, 2023 10:27 pm
Also, for the record, I am 100% fine with the DM rolling for my character.
Dec 30, 2023 11:12 pm
In my games we usually have the PC default to the Dodge action if they don’t post promptly enough. I’m fine with that.
Dec 31, 2023 3:38 pm
Apologies for posting slowly after I said I would post yesterday. This year we decided to hold our annual New Year's Eve party a day early, and when I wrote that yesterday I still thought I'd be able to get ready and post again before guests arrived.

I was wrong.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.