New player here

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 10, 2023 11:30 am
I am based in the UK and am quite new to role playing. My only experience so far has been running some D&D games for my son and his friends which we started during COVID lockdown. I saw this site might be a way for me to take part as a player with other adults
Dec 10, 2023 1:51 pm
Welcome to GP!
Dec 10, 2023 2:07 pm
Greetings and Salutations!

Len

Dec 10, 2023 2:15 pm
Welcome to the community, Lord Morane! I am also a dad who joined because I didn't have a lot of time for gaming with adults! Definitely a lot of great games to be had here. Best of luck to you!
Dec 10, 2023 2:42 pm
Welcome to GP, Lord_Morane!
Dec 10, 2023 3:44 pm
Welcome, Lord_Morane!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Dec 10, 2023 4:01 pm
Welcome, Lord_Morane!
Dec 10, 2023 4:16 pm
A Danish welcome to you, my'lord
Dec 10, 2023 4:22 pm
Welcome!

Looking at the Games Tavern thread, there are two things you should look for:
- interest threads. Here's where people are considering whether they (or someone else) should run a particular RPG/adventure. Reply to these if you are interested.
- recruitment threads. Here's where GMs who have set up a game are signing players up for their game. Basically, aside from a personal invitation, replying to a recruitment thread with "yes, I want to play in this game" is the way to get into a game.
Last edited December 11, 2023 8:25 pm
Dec 10, 2023 6:00 pm
Welcome!
Dec 10, 2023 7:14 pm
Welcome!
Dec 10, 2023 8:34 pm
Welcome from a fellow Brit!
Dec 11, 2023 3:26 am
Welcome aboard, Lord_Morane!
Dec 11, 2023 1:36 pm
Welcome! Lots of games, and adults too!
Dec 12, 2023 10:05 am
Welcome :)
Dec 13, 2023 4:28 pm
Welcome to your new addiction hobby!
Dec 13, 2023 11:27 pm
Welcome Aboard!

Are you looking to stick with playing D&D or looking to branch out?

Maybe someone here could recommend links some of the public games here on GamersPlane for you to look through so you'll get to see how PbP works and what to expect.
Dec 14, 2023 5:35 am
Quote:
Maybe someone here could recommend links some of the public games here on GamersPlane for you to look through so you'll get to see how PbP works and what to expect.
I could try and find something interesting for you, if you let me know what specifically you're looking for!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.