[FULL] Madagast Circus Adventures-D&D 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 12, 2023 1:18 am
Have all the spots been claimed for this game? It sounds very interesting to me and I'd like to throw an idea out if there's still a slot available.
Dec 12, 2023 2:42 am
Redamancy says:
Have all the spots been claimed for this game? It sounds very interesting to me and I'd like to throw an idea out if there's still a slot available.
Redamancy, go ahead and throw something out there. Please pitch a character class and quick backstory summary. We haven’t gotten into the game yet. We have two players in already and I was looking to find one or two more players from this recruitment thread.
Dec 12, 2023 2:55 am
I've an idea for a circus strongman.

He would be a bugbear (having powerful Build) as well as the brawny feat (UA - so would require approval).

I was thinking he could have the marine background. He joined the circus after he ended his military service.

He was initially hired as one of the crew [Tool Proficiencies: Vehicles (land & water) + Steady (Additionally, you can automatically find a safe route to land a boat on shore, provided such a route exists.)]

But it was soon discovered that he was unbelievably strong, so an act was made for him, for when they weren't on the waters between ports.

He would be a ranger (Primeval Guardian, which I mentioned to the GM in a private message, and would need approval), so could increase his size to large, which would increase his lifting capacity as well.
Dec 12, 2023 3:07 am
Thanks for migrating the idea here Sardis! 😊
Dec 12, 2023 3:08 am
Wowza. We’re getting some interest now. Gonna have to pick from all these great ideas soon. Yikes!
Dec 12, 2023 4:23 am
I was thinking a Firbolg Druid who is essentially the animal master for the troupe. She would have left her solitary lifestyle because she discovered how much she actually enjoyed socialization and performance which made her a bit of a pariah among her kin. Bringing her skills with creatures to entertain (and if she can, educate) the masses has become her passion.

OR

A fairy bard who would be utilized as between-act filler and would supply additional "special effects" throughout the shows through means of her innate magic and performance-specialized training. Being hyper-mobile allows her to assist the troupe by navigating quickly from one space to another and being charismatically inclined, she is expert at crowdwork and being an usher. Like most fairies, she is mischievous and playful. She suffers from extreme wanderlust which led her to seeking habitation with a group of travelling performers.
Dec 12, 2023 2:11 pm
Question: Is this a Circus, Carnival or Both?
Dec 12, 2023 2:36 pm
Skyharpy, I will let the players decide that. I imagine the troupe is capable of both setups. Maybe even sometimes both versions occur simultaneously. It just depends on the gig. What’s interesting is that they have a circus ship that they can setup a big top on and perform directly from that. Again I imagine that it depends on the engagement they are hired for.
Last edited December 12, 2023 2:37 pm
Dec 12, 2023 2:38 pm
Gonna send invites later today!
Dec 12, 2023 5:29 pm
I'd like to apply. I'm thinking either a strongman (Barbarian), animal tamer (Druid or Ranger), or a magician (sorcerer).
Dec 12, 2023 6:40 pm
I sent the invites!

Also I thougt I would have some time to set up threads this afternoon, but something came up. it will have to be tonight instead.
Dec 12, 2023 9:37 pm
Thank you everyone for all the awesome applications! If I didn’t send you a invite for this particular game, I hope to be playing with you in the future 😊

You do not have permission to post in this thread.