Greetings

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 28, 2016 11:52 am
Hi Everyone. I joined a few days ago after hearing about GP on Modifier. From what I have seen, the site looks great and you are building a strong community here. I used to play AD&D a lot and then took a long hiatus from gaming. A few years ago my daughter read the Hobbit, and we played a couple of sessions of D&D5. I liked the system but haven't had a chance to really get into yet. That led me to discover The One Ring, which has totally absorbed my attention for the past two years. Other than that, I would like to get into a zombie game at some point and have run a few sessions of The Dead. I look forward to playing with you all.
Aug 28, 2016 11:55 am
Greetings Hamish,

I don't think you'll have too many issues finding a game, as there seems to be plenty of 5e games recruiting at the moment (I myself have one recruiting). I think I've seen one or two games of One Ring but not recently.

Hope you enjoy yourself!
Last edited August 28, 2016 11:56 am
Aug 28, 2016 12:16 pm
Welcome, Hamish! Great to see you're already working on the next generation. Mine are still too little, but they love playing with my dice.
Aug 28, 2016 12:41 pm
Welcome, Hamish! Happy gaming!
Aug 28, 2016 1:09 pm
Welcome, Hamish. There is a game currently looking for players, called Red Markets. I understand that it is a zombie apocalypse game.

Red Markets
Last edited August 28, 2016 1:12 pm
Aug 28, 2016 2:00 pm
Gamers Plane is a lot of fun. It is a great way to play some games. I feel PbP has some real advantages.
Aug 28, 2016 2:06 pm
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Qralloq says:
Welcome, Hamish. There is a game currently looking for players, called Red Markets. I understand that it is a zombie apocalypse game.

Red Markets
Thanks for the heads up Qralloq. I have heard of Red Markets but missed posting here. It looks really interesting.

I agree aaronschmidt that pbp has some advantages. The quality of the role playing tends to be better when players have a chance to reflect on their responses and for me that offsets the slower pace of play.
Aug 28, 2016 2:14 pm
Welcome Hamish! Glad to have you on board. I'd love to see more The One Ring make it's way to GP, though we'll be seeing a 5e settings book for LotR coming up soon, so maybe we'll see 5e games of LotR? Either way, seems like you've got a bunch of advice on getting started. If you need any help/have any thoughts, feel free to ask!
Aug 28, 2016 7:38 pm
Welcome!
Aug 29, 2016 6:38 am
Qralloq says:

Red Markets
Yeah, I just posted the game, we'd be happy to have you.
Aug 29, 2016 11:38 pm
I'm half tempted to fire up another TOR game just to be able to have a fellowship with Hamish in it so I can learn some more. ;)
Aug 29, 2016 11:40 pm
Welcome!
Aug 30, 2016 1:32 am
Howdy Hamish! Good luck finding some games!
Aug 30, 2016 6:01 am
WELCOME!
Aug 31, 2016 11:47 pm
falryx says:
I'm half tempted to fire up another TOR game just to be able to have a fellowship with Hamish in it so I can learn some more. ;)
I'll be here if you do.
Sep 21, 2016 10:29 pm
Hello and welcome.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.